Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Since when does polite society equate mindlessness? People talk this 'horribly' about people, places, etc that they don't like every day. You should watch the news more often. It is the right of everyone to give voice to what they dislike. It is the right of everyone to disagree with that opinion, if they so desire. After all, this is a democracy, not 3rd world dictatorship.

Opinion is not slander or even libel. You might want to look those words up before you use them. But bring it on, if you like. I would be more than willing to show a courtroom clips of Anna's 'acting' and let them decide.

2. BlueSmurfette

BlueSmurfette Victim

Ah yes, people do have the right to their own opinion...God (and allegedly the government) gave us this "free will"...but just because people have this "free will" to give an opinion of their desire anywhere and anytime they like...does it make it right?

And no, opinion is not slander...but the harsh accusations that she slept around, whether or not someone believes it when they say it......it is still slander.

Everyone does, indeed, have the right to any opinions they so desire...I would never dispute that fact. Disliking Lindsay is upsetting, though painfully tolerable...but actor bashing? That is far beyond disrespectful.

3. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

Yes, because anything less is oppression of a heinous sort and leads to a stagnation of free thought that encourages people to revel in their mediocrity when they could open their minds and become better than they are.

What do you think the Oscars are? Really, darlin', JDonne has put it several times more eloquently than I, but I would not accept poor and shoddy service from a waiter, a milkman or a hairdresser, why should an actor be any better? Were this a one woman show with Lindsay the star it would already have been cancelled.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm sorry BlueSmurfette but I consider this bashing:

I respect your opinions on how you feel about Anna/Lindsay but I think you should also respect the opinions of those of us who don't like her. ;) IMO, calling us idiots and berating the mods shows no respect and goes against the intent of this thread.

As for Anna, Carmine, or any of the others coming into the threads (which some of them do) and being offended, I doubt it. Name one famous person that every single person loved. There isn't one. They're actors. If they can't take criticism, then they aren't gonna make it far in the acting world.

5. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I'd just like to say cheers to Jaer and 1CSIMfan. You've said everything I wanted to, just in a far more intelligent and articulate way.

6. BlueSmurfette

BlueSmurfette Victim

And as I said... nothing I've said has had the intent of "bashing" anyone, but I will restrain from that; although I guess it's more unfortunate that Anna cannot be expressed the same politeness in kind by those who continually bash her.

To my defense, I didn't call you idiots, I said I can't understand why you are being such idiots...calling people idiots and trying to understand why people are acting in such a way are different by many leaps and bounds, just the same as your saying you don't hate Lindsay/Anna, you dislike her (although to strongly dislike someone or something is but one definition of the word "hate").

I know of a number of actors whom find the kind of talk that's going on about Anna, to be really offensive. And if you don't care about how the actors might feel...after all, you yourself already said that if they can't take the criticism, then they aren't going to make it far in the acting world...well, what about their families, their friends?

And, just going back to criticism for just one more moment...

Criticism would be like someone saying they think the color pink doesn't look very befitting on an elephant, that perhaps it should try red, instead.

Ridiculing is them saying the color pink on an elephant makes them want to throw rotten donuts at it, send it off to beauty school and pray to God it learns how to paint it's toenails correctly because five different colors really is *that* hideous on it.

I guess at this point I just wonder what it is that makes you (and the others in this thread) such a great judge of Anna, or any other actor's, acting ability? Are you all in charge of casting agencies? Are you directors? Actors yourselves?

Until you have many long years of experience in these fields, I don't think it's fair to say what you are about Anna, who works her ass off playing the role she does.

And backing it up to the country-girl stuff....Anna would just be working with the material given to her. There are cliff notes in the scripts that tell her she needs to act a certain way, the director himself will tell her how he wants the scenes played out.

And as for Anna and Carmine's chemistry...it is superb. When I'm watching the show, I really feel as though I'm watching real people acting out these scenes. Real people stammer, real people have the emotions the pair of them show....and the flirtation placed in each episode where it is, is like a breath of fresh air.

But then I guess...you all know more about body language and the chemistry between characters who play out feelings for each other than the majority of the fandom that can clearly see it between Danny and Lindsay.

And I guess you must also know Carmine really well to say that he isn't into the flirting scenes with Anna...did he tell you this himself, or is it merely conjecture?

7. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

No, we have the same credidentials as you, who thinks she's the greatest thing to have happened to the show. We're just viewers, who are voicing our opinions (yes, they are opinions) on a particular actress and character. Who are you to tell us we're wrong?

I beg to differ. I've seen buildings that seem more interested in one another.

When I watch it, I feel as though I'm watching one person struggle through delivering her lines and another bored to death with the scene, and wanting to get onto the next.

Aren't we entitled to our beliefs too? If you can see this chemistry so clearly between them, then why can't we? Is it the same gene in us that not only compels us to voice our honest thoughts on a character in a thread made for that purpose, but blinds us from this so obvious relationship that's written in the stars?

I don't think so.

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Now, back on topic. ;)

Showtime, you are just too funny. :lol:

I've always gotten the feeling that Carmine was bored to death or very uncomfortable while doing the "flirting" scenes. He seems to know it just doesn't work. They need to get over them and just give it up. Hammerback's scene was the worst. When Lindsay asked him why Danny called her Montana (how stupid can she be?) and Hammerback replied "because he's got a crush on you". I got ill. That was so untrue and so totally unnecessary. It didn't even make sense. Even we know why he calls her Montana.

Why is it that everyone on TV shows seems to have to hook up with each other? Does everyone hook up with a coworker?

So true. I think Danny would have better flirting scenes with Hawkes or Flack than he has with Lindsay and he'd probably enjoy them more.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

And you have one warning for trolling.

If you can't accept others' right to voice their opinions, please go elsewhere. It is very curious that someone who just registered today comes out with gun blazing. Very curious indeed.

10. BlueSmurfette

BlueSmurfette Victim

In fact we have completely different credentials, I'm sure; you see I have no desire to jump on the bandwagon of actor bashing (which, respectfully, your "opinions" should be more correctly termed as). To that degree, I'm not saying you are in any way wrong, I'm just sharing a differing opinion than that of yourself.

That's your opinion, and I absolutely respect that; it's just that it annoys me that here you are, speaking as though on behalf of Carmine, and speaking as though you know his thoughts, when none of us do.

I've the most respect and understanding that everyone here is entitled to their beliefs and opinions as much as the next person, and as I said, I respect these opinions...but there is no need for actor bashing, nor should there be any tolerance for it. Not here, or anywhere. Simply out of respect, you see. Respect for 4. the fans of the actors involved, 3. the family of the actors involved, 2. the friends of the actors involved, 1. (and the most important reason of all) the actors themselves.

I just disagree with the Anna bashing...surely I am of the allowance to disagree with such disparaging remarks about her?

11. Top41

^People here are criticizing Anna's work. No one is calling her a horrible human being; they're saying she's doing a poor job. How is that any different than a supervisor calling an employee in and telling that person he/she needs to improve her performance.

You are free to express your opinion, but refrain from insulting others or assuming your opinion carries more weight than theirs.

12. BlueSmurfette

BlueSmurfette Victim

Pardon my saying so, but I object to the warning on the grounds that I am neither a troll, nor was I trolling. Yes, it might seem as though I am since I did just sign up today...but I am a supporter of Anna Belknap, and I didn't think it would break any rules by being a lurker some many months now, and finally deciding to sign up and try stop the obvious actor bashing going on in this thread.

13. Top41

^Reread the parts of your post I quoted. You insulted people based on their opinions of an actress. The whole purpose of this board is for people to come and express their opinions on the show, the actors, the episodes, etc. If you cannot handle that, then this is not the place for you. Feel free to debate the opinions posted here, but when you make it personal, you're crossing a line. Please go familarize yourself with the rules of this board.

14. BlueSmurfette

BlueSmurfette Victim

Several differences, the first to come to mind is that if an employer called in their employee, they would do so in a private situation and politely talk/work with them to have them improve their performance. They wouldn't be blasting it over a very-much public forum for all the world to see. And to that degree....how can these "opinions" even be compared to that situation, when none of us here on this forum are Anna's employer, nor are we her acting coach, nor for that matter are we her agent.

To that degree...what about the posts where people have openly discussed--rather, accused, Anna of blackmail as to how she got her part?

From my standpoint, and you'll have to pardon me for saying so...but it is your opinions that come across with the assumption that they carry more weight than anyone elses.

No one here in this thread should surely have the right to judge Anna they have done so thus far...and yet, these opinions are permitted, the weight of these opinions is pushed around...not just in here, but in other threads too. I find this unfair, especially since should they not be kept to this thread only, since this is "what it is here for"?

15. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I don't see any obvious actor bashing. I haven't seen anyone insult her, besides her acting (which is a major part of Why Lindsay Must Go ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.