Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

[small voice] I read the spoilers. [/small voice] But hey, it was my birthday and I'm in total withdrawal for new episodes... so it was allowable this one time. Right? Right?

Oh, who am I kidding? Now that the Geek Love question is settled, I really don't care about knowing beforehand what's going on. Viva les spoileurs!! At least until TPTB decide to muck up the relationship, in which case I will stop reading again....

Guys, I appreciate all the "Happy Birthday"s from all you fine, wonderful people. A special thanks to Fogi, SaraSullivan and her twin Lindsey for the birthday gifts! Although Grissom is wise to not want me in their bedroom... because once I'm in, Sara's kicked out - and I ain't goin' without a fight....

Exactly, Sarah - invisible evidence is evidence that you know exists, you know it's there, you can see it right in front of you - and yet for all intent and purposes you have to consciously go about your business as though it's not. Which was exactly the position that the team was in when it came to Grissom and Sara... and now the team's heading right back there. It does make you wonder what will happen once the relationship becomes general knowledge.

Why did the writers choose to play it that way, I wonder? Maybe just to underscore that what existed between them was bigger than both of them had realized? After all, Grissom had turned Sara down, and Sara was trying to deal with that. They both probably thought it was over. Maybe the writers wanted to give the audience a clue that the story wasn't yet finished....

2. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

You guys do not know how relieving it is to finally be able to read spoilers again. *happy sigh* And speaking of which...

How excited am I to see Grissom and Sara using a chainsaw together? :D Le sigh. I can't wait till the promo pictures come out. I wonder how the opening scene will end up playing out. They could either really screw it up, or make it a great season opener with the right music, camera angles and acting.

And what's this I hear, Miss Dee had a birthday? HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Sorry I'm late. Here's Gangsta Gris with some birthday wishes.

[​IMG]

And btw, wordy word word to everything you posted about Invisible Evidence. You seriously need to come here more often.

You know I never really figured out what Catherine ment about her "Not enough!" comment. Was she jealous? Was she disappointed? Did she think he was going easy on her because of the rumours of their "past" going around?

I was watching "Eleven Angry Jurors" last night, and in the scene where the Trace tech tells Nick he deserves the promotion "dispite that Grissom gave Sara a higher evalutation", I found myself wondering what exacty the rumour was. Do you think Nick later went back to the lab tech and asked him about their pasts, or do you think he just left it alone?

Which then led me to wonder exactly how many people had heard this rumour. We all know news travels fast around the lab. If a rumour that they had a past got around that fast, who wants to bet that Hodges and the gang were whispering about them being together already? They're not blind, I think they know. I don't think Grissom and Sara can hide it for too long. So I don't really think it's a question of "who knows", but rather a question of "who will be the first to call it out".

Might I just add that I absolutely adored this line? Seriously, I loved it. Oh how I love quirky Grissom.

Aaaaaaanyways, moving on...

I picked the first choice (This is pretty straight-forward. He's making a winking flirt and her reaction is "Yeah, yeah, stud, whatever..."), because really, she knew what he was talking about. When I first saw the episode, back when we didn't know they were already together, and I wasn't on the camp that thought that they were aleready together, I just saw it as Grissom trying to turn the tables back around for him, but now I believe that he was just flirting at work.

Sara's wtf was priceless though.

I actually laughed out loud at this. You're hilarious, Crys.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Whatever helps you sleep at night, you MONSTER.

Agreed. In truth, we may be surprised by the occasional moment here and there, and if we do get a kiss, it might be nice to have that be a surprise as well, but really... the big part is over.

Coughs. Because you and he plan to play checkers?

Not just the team, but I do see that association with the jury, but also they themselves have to consciously go about ignoring it. And right when they break a part of the case, leading them to the car wash, Sara finally breaks out of their pattern and aknowledges that they really are in this moment together too often and it will affect her career in this case if he just isn't going to do anything she's not willing to lose both.

Right. Or the idea that two people, again, who try to keep their lives SO private just end up throwing it out there for everyone to see and not realizing it.

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

JESUS BLOODY CHRIST.

You guys just posted like, a fillion messages in simple HOURS. I hate you all.

The Popping Tags poll: I went with "Yeah, stud, whatever" because it amused me to no end.

I'm happy about the spoilers. And I really don't have anything else to say. I'm very much in lurk mode right now.

5. PurpleAm5

PurpleAm5 Hit and Run

I agree with a lot of your comments about invisible evidence, but I always thought season four show how much Sara would lose being with Grissom. Everytime there was a mention that Nick deserved the promotion or Sara would get it because of her history with Grissom, I got piss. Sara was clearly qualified for the position, which I and many fanfic writers have demonstrated. Sara had the degrees and the crime rate to prove it. She had also at that time had the most spotless record. There was no way that she shouldn't have gotten it.

I think that the writiers were showing how Sara had more to lose in the relationship than Grissom. Suddenly her abilities no longer mattered. She was getting the promotion because she had a history with the boss. Sara would always been seen as the person who slept her way to the top. What was worse was that Grisson was treating her different. He was riding her hard and treating her unfairly because he was worried about image. I have repeatedly argued that the reason that they nix the promotion was because in the real world Nick wouldn't have gotten it or at least there would have been serious doubt as to why Sara didn't get it. The rumors would have switch saying that Sara didn't get it because of her history with the boss and Nick's authority would be undermind.

Season 4 and 5 also showed that Sara still is the outsider of the group. No one stuck up for Sara when the rumors were being hinted at (I may be forgeting a possible scene and is so please correct). Her friends abandon her when she had the guts to stand up for what was right (I didn't like in IE that Sara's case was put on hold so that they could all fix the one case. What about her victim?!) Sara was often force to do the peremeter alot which reprsents her isolation from the group. In season 5 Sara is place with Greg, but is still treated as an outsider. Catherine says to Greg in ND that Sara need her punishment. Did Catherine get her punishment in CC, LHB, PWF or KB. No. When Nick screwed up, why wasn't he punished? Warrick? Grissom? NO, only Sara deserves her "time out" The whole thing with Sophis and Grissom. She threatens to quit, he takes her to dinner. Sara threatens to leave, she gets a plant. Need I say more.

My concerns with season 7 is that is the relationship is outted, then its Sara who will suffer professional and personally. I can totallt see the other using the relationship for an excuse when things don't go right. Catherine , especially, will use it. (I am sorry if this assessment bugs some of you but there are plenty of examples where Catherine put career and herself in front of her friendship with Gil.). I think that this will be how the TPTB will bring the anguish next season, It will be Sara who gives up everything (reverse Butterfly) and we will have to see if Grissom measures up.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

In that particular case, Sara was right on principal, however I did agree with what Nick said - there are no cases if there is no job.

Like with Catherine complaining in the episode that was on Spike tonight. Even when you have seniority, you really just have to comply to your boss, because they do have the option of saying "If you're not going to be part of this team, you can leave".

Again - I didn't like the way Grissom chose to do that, I think that like most of that season, explaining things to her face was just something he didn't do and he really needed to.

Having said that, I think that when it's a 24-hour time limit, it really is something that needs every possible person's help.

7. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Spoilers...what spoilers? I think I missed something...sad day! Are there lots of new GSR spoilers for this new season?!! :D

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

So far it's just a rough sketch outline of the episode with some dialogue that can be found at Your Tax Dollars at Work which you can google. Sara and Grissom will be working the first case of the season together.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

PurpleAm5, i never thought about that. and ... for me it looks that you're right! especially that Grissom passed her over and was so harsh on her in public, to cut the rumors about them. WITHOUT expressing his intentions at any time. Cath got them right though ("Not enough")

no, i haven't read them yet. i've got a clear conscience :D

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I have, I'm a spoiler nut, but I missed the working together part.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

New Post, New Poll. We're almost done the season, so...

12. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

Yah, I mean sometimes you just have to suck it up and do what your Supervisor tells u. He's the boss. I think Sara has always had difficulty separating Grissom her boss from Grissom her 'friend.' (And now lover <shoots canon> )

In the past there have been a few eps where I didn't like how they portrayed Sara - she gets angry and snippy and rolls her eyes at Grissom at work, which is really unprofessional. She may have a point with what she is saying, but she doesn't go about expressing it appropriately.

I think her romantic relationship with Grissom might actually help her separate her personal and professional lives.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. Right, and at the time, I think like MissDee was saying, they were both trying very hard to pretend like nothing was going on between them. Unfortunately Grissom's method of doing this is to be as harsh as possible. And Sara's is to pretty much fight back. Hence the fact that neither of them was very good at this.

But yeah - bottom line is that Ecklie could be her boss, and I guarentee you he would've said the same thing. On that level, forgetting GSR, forgetting everything else, it's only a 24-hour period and it's something she's been asked to do.

EVERYONE has complained about his supervisory skills at some point. Like I said, after hearing Catherine's comment in Invisible Evidence I was surprised when I went back to that first or second season episode and it was she who was complaining about not getting "her" case.

So it's not really about them liking each other, I think that's why it came off so tense, but more that again, I don't think Sara understands that Grissom tries to shut down any personal side of himself while working, hence his look of shock after Pin Me Down.

Which is why, maybe, it's surprising to her that he seems to be the one who's now bringing things up at work. It's as if finally HAVING a private life has made it easier for him to find a balance.

14. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Did I mention that Season 7 airs on my birthday? I believe I did, but I'm going to say it again:

SEASON SEVEN AIRS ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the spoiler boxes are plotting a plan against me. ARG!

15. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

thank you sarahvma about the banner ^_- and yes the pic the jorja is the Hollywood Squares :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.