World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobo

bobo Lab Technician

Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

Apparently, the italian had insulted his mother in the beginning of the finale and then a second time and Zidane punched him ! I'm so sad he finishes his wonderful career like that :(
    And I'm sad for the finale too ! we loose the WC without having lost a match . Damn penalties ! I hate that .

2. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

lol i did know that lol that's so him :lol: too bad Zidane did punched him :S anyway i'm proud of our team they did a great match and well as Arsene Wenger said, maybe it's not the end of Zidane :)

3. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

it wasnt a punch, it was a head butt! :p
    controversial match from the start to be honest. the penalty was VERY soft...but not much contact from Materazzi. and controversially, i think Zidane is a legend for doing that!!!! what a way to end it...a bit funny :lol: but professionally stupid

4. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Oh, he insulted his mother? I didn't know that, I was wondering that too.

You know what I was just thinking......
    Either Zidane knows Italian, or the Italian player knows French, or they know english, or something, because how else would they understand each other? lol

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Even though I was going for France, I'm actually kinda glad that Italy won...it showed the whole of Australia that we are capable of going far in the Cup. Considering that we proved that we are good enough to beat Italy (even though we didn't :p) and they are good enough to win, that just goes to show that we did actually have a chance to win...

Oh well, there's always 2010 :p

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Congrats to Italy :D

The day after the final is always a sad day.. like we have to wait another two years to make our bets again :( Well, us Europeans that is :p

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ah yes, qualifications for EuroCup starts in 2-3 months :D and we have new coach, YAY!

Anyways... no one has mentioned... Henry's knockout in the very beginning. I swear he was unconcious (sp?) his eyes were closed and when they grabbed his arm, it was all... just hanging, no response. God it looked evil. It was amazing that he could play.

And how Totti sucked in this game. They had probably played 30mins when I asked my dad "Is Totti even on the field?"

8. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Yeah, that scared me a bit too. I've wondered what they outcome of the game would be if Viera didn't get injured & if Zidane didn't get that red card for headbutting. I'm sure they would've had a key role in the match come pk. Henry, well, he looked a bit tired near the end. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't have to resort to pk as it's not always fair...

I too can't believe euro cup '08 qualifying starts in a couple of months. Time goe by so quickly :eek:. I pray that Fifa doesn't ban Greece from qualifying. I swear, those Greeks better get off their frappe drinking asses and do something quick otherwise there's gonna be a lotta consequences. That's typical Greek behaviour though...wait to do everything at the last minute. *sigh* How else can we defend our trophy :(...

9. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

well Materazzi played for an english team(Everton) i remember cos they had the crappest shirts :lol: and that was one of my first seasons, Arsenal Double Winngin season of 1997/1998
    ...and Zidane has played for Juve in italy

EuroCup - weird name :p, yay cant wait for that in Austria/Switzerland. my money might be on the italians again, cos a certain 18yr old called Arturo Lupoli, scored 17goals in 15 games...

10. glam_chic86

Here's the link that tells you the days of which certain teams will play to qualify.

Here is the link that shows groups a-f and the teams in each group.

11. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Ahhh good.. The Netherlands are making a fair chance.. group G :D

12. glam_chic86

I think the toughest groups are groups b & e, and maybe a. The other groups seem a bit easy although there are certain teams capable of pulling an upset. Why must we always face Turkey :(?

13. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

why must we always face Italy? :lol: that's so horrible...for us we had a tough time with them....Anyway now that i'm less disappointed i will say "congrat's Azurii" that was a "quite" good game

14. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

We always get some bloody Holland, England or Germany to our group :rolleyes:
    Now there's thankfully ONLY Portugal...and Serbia (I guess they go by that name soon) and..Poland and and...Belgium. I think we lost to Armenia..Or Azerbaijan in WC qualification...

15. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Ooh, we have Denmark, Sweden and Northern Ireland in Group F...looks okay, but Liechtenstein could create an upset, who knows... :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.