** calgary stampede **

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Depth-Of-Love, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

hey cowboys and cowgirls this is a thread for the people who have ever been to the stampede or would love to go!

feel free to post stories about it and even pictures you might have!!

have fun...

yee-ha!

2. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

I've never been, but i've always wanted to go. Calgary is like...a 6 hour drive away. I hate long car rides :rolleyes:

I guess i'm not much of a cowgirl type either, but they have more then just rodeos right? :lol:

3. Depth-Of-Love

of course they do! they have games and rides and lots more!

4. EmilySanders

EmilySanders Lab Technician

My Dad used to Work on Calgary so like a few times a year instead of him coming home we'd go see him. And One time we went to the The Calgary stampede, It was awsome.

5. lea

lea Police Officer

Can someone please tell me what calgaryis or possibly post pics :D

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

calgary is a city in alberta (canada) and every year they have a huge rodeo, the stampede. ive never been. never even been west of ontario. not too much of a fan of bull or bronco riding, but i do like barrel racing. plus some cowboys are pretty darn good looking :lol:

7. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

Calgary is a city in Alberta, Canada. :)

Edit: Eep, Allmaple beat me to it! :lol:

8. Depth-Of-Love

well its not just a rodeo! its really fun though! you go down and every body is all dressed up and you can go on rides and you can play lots of games! the best part is the grand stand show and the coca cola stage is pretty great too! the grand stand show is where there is this big stage and people come and they sing and dance and its just really great...i get to go this year! and the coca cola stage is just a stage where during the stampede artists come and play there music...sadly not alot of local artists play...like the pants situation.... i love them! they are a great band!

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

well its been a while since you and i were on the same train of thought. it was only a matter of time before we did it again :lol:
    is the stampede anything like smaller fairs? my favourite part of the fair in my city is going to pet all the animals :D i usually wont leave until ive touched every animal at least once :lol:

10. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Umm...I don't know of animals that you're able to pet...if you want you can watch a dog show...but you don't get to pet the dogs :p. And the dog show is meant for like little kids...but it's cute so I go!

It's not really like a small fair...it's huge. You got your Canadian artists singing, bunch of people on the mid-way riding rides and playing games, people hanging out in the set up bars there...you got the people watching the grand stand and whatever else there is to see.

I go for the free concerts, free biking shows and the rides...oh, can't forget the fireworks (although there not that great).

And well this year for the biking shows they only have BMXers...I don't know if I'll still go...I liked the mountain biking. Aha, that reminds me...my friend Sam was a mountain biker there last year and he ended up falling in the middle of the show 6ft. off the ground and broke his leg. I felt so bad because I talked him into doing that show (he did something to his finger earlier and wasn't going to do it until I told him too.) It wasn't funny when it happened, but it's funny now that he doesn't have a cast on his leg :p.

But I love the stampede :)...it's the one time of year I'm able to wear my cowboy hat and boots and not look like a complete moron (although I might look like that all year around... :p).

11. tabbiez

tabbiez Witness

Heh. I live in Calgary :D Stampede is a big deal here, but I've actually only been a few times. It's a lot of fun (but expensive)

12. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

I'd love to go! I'm a complete country gal - music, clothes style, thinking etc.
    But I live in England now so my folks won't let me go back on my own :(

Xx..::Mia-Sara::..xX

13. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

How is Cowboy Country these days anyways? *was born in Calgary but hasn't been there since 1996*

14. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Ah, it's getting busy :p...and traffic sucks but I see why you left. Calgary bores me...nothing to do ever. But yeah...Stampede is the one time there's something to do...going tomorrow...can't wait :)

15. AznxCSI

AznxCSI Witness

yay stampede is here =D
    i'm going on wednesday
    one time my cousin won me a GIANT bumblebee haha