New Actor To Join The Cast Of 'CSI'?

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Er... maybe he's Catherine's or Sara's new boyfriend? *hopeful look* After all, I really didn't mind the interactions with Hank. I thought he was cool (except for the whole other girlfriend thing). So, if they mean recurring like that, then I could live with it.

If it's another lab tech, I will be so confused by all of them... Either that, or pissed if he's to replace Bobby D, Archie, or any of those guys. They're so cool! I would be so upset if they were suddenly replaced... Sigh.

However, I really don't think he's going to be a field person. I really can't see it happening... unless they plan on having the guy go out, become a victim of some sort, and then quit to take on another job. I don't know. I just hope he's not a field mouse.

2. Kaylee

Kaylee Lab Technician

Maybe Kaye.
    Or he might be another assistant coroner or something. If he is he better not take SuperDaves job, I love him.

Still, I think they should leave the show the way it is.

3. lament

lament Captain

There must be NO replacing Bobby D!! :eek: I would be devastated.

I could live with that. A recurring character who is a part of one of the CSIs personal lives would be terrific. I just don't want the main guys to have to fight for screen time.

How reliable is the source this rumor is from?

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry I was upset gang..like I said, I don't trust the TPTB because of what was done to Eads and Fox last year

Also as an older person, I would really hate to see the older folks like Grissom, Catherine, heck even Nick is almost 40 being pushed out for some hot young guy..especially after all the work that Eads has put in to the character.

5. lament

lament Captain

I agree. Personally, I never like it when they bring the "hot young stud" in to appeal to what they think is their main audience. When will they realize that people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, sizes, and ethnicities watch the show? And when will they realize that adding "new blood" doesn't necessarily make a shower better? If they paid a visit to this board, they might realize how attached we get to the characters we already have. We want to see more of them, not less. Sorry, I tend to ramble. :rolleyes:

And I like the cast they have now, and I think George and Billy only get better with age. :D :D

6. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

^^Continue with your ramblings, lament. I think a recurring paramedic type character such as Hank-the-Skank, or another detective would be fine...just as long as TPTB don't shortchange my Greg! or Sara, or Nicky. Grrr. 40 is not old!!! Besides, I'm already overwhelmed with the hotness of these characters, I think my little head would explode if they added another full-time CSI. Ow.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Sorry about the old (from someone who is pushing 40) it just feels old to me that's all...especially around the young folk on this board)I'm just living my second childhood with you guys is all.thanks guys!!!

8. megbing

megbing Police Officer

I hope it's not true. I agree with all of you. We already see less of Nick, Sara, Warrick and Greg. Adding another cast member will make it difficult for the character to grow. I also love the current lab techs no need to add another.

9. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

How much more can Warrick be short changed. We rarely see this character for more than 2 to 5 minutes. If it wasn't for his time in GD we wouldn't have seen his that much this Season.

I too, don't want to see a new character on the show be it recurring or not. The open credits is already overcrowed and to be honest I don't want to see Hodges's protrayer added.

At the rate TPTB are going they can look forwarded to Desperate Housewives being the Number 1 show on TV because they insisted on messing with a winning formula that works and which made them the Number 1 Show in the land.

"If It Ain't Broke Don't Fit It", TPTB need to read it, learn by and live by it!!!

10. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

adding on.....

Greed isn't one of the deadly sin for nothing. And greed will be the death of CSI and all it's spin-off if TPTB don't wake up and smell the forensics.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

no no no no NO!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

why another guy?!! why not a girl labtech? A girl quirky like Greg used to be since they're making him mainstream and serious now. and personally I think it should be an open casting call not limited to any one race or gender. There might be some actor or actress out there who can bring something new to the table. Sophia's character certainly did not.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And why late 20s to early 30s..my god Grissom and Catherine are drop-dead gorgeous and she's in her late 40s and he's into his 50s..why not add someone else..

In REAL life..most CSIs are into their late 30s, 40s, 50s, even 60s..it's a profession where skills are honed after years of experience.

The TPTB are proving to be ageist and sexist..if Nick, Warrick, Sarah and Greg are short-changed anymore then they are then I am not watching season six..

I used to want to be a writer for movies and shows when I was young, glad I didn't go that path...I have little tolerance for ageism and sexism..

14. chrissy0

chrissy0 Police Officer

Maybe it'll be a new DNA tech. I seem to remember hearing a rumor that the actress who plays Mia was leaving (don't quote me on it though!) Gah...the show's too crowded as it is...leave it alone, please?? I can only hope that this is a rumor that doesn't pan out.

15. GrissLover4Ever

GrissLover4Ever Lab Technician

Mia is leaving. She has a new show on CBS next year. He will probably take her place. I was hoping for another female character. Too many males as is... Girl power! ^^