Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

Oh! All of my analysis and I completely forgot the whole point of Thermite. Thanks, Fogs. If it was about making a romantic statement, I think Grissom was a little too focused on the heat, and Sara paid attention to the mention of "burning out".

I mean, after 6 years of waiting, anyone would be mistrustful of a relationship. Especially if it was, in fact, spurred by the events of Committed and Grave Danger. That might suggest to Sara, especially early on in any attachment, that it was either guilt or fear that made him finally go to her.

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^^ Yeah and i think thats why she got mad at him and made that comment about some people are just not meant to be together or something like that.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I have another one of my random "Alyssa was watching old CSI and found something... CONTINUITY?"

Stick with me... ABRTI 2. Grissom is standing next to a weary Hodges, whose physical prowess is no match for his snarkiness. Grissom looks at Sara. One look.

Grissom: "Sara."
    Sara: "Yeah."

She reponds and knows exactly what he wants without him saying anything else....

Stay with me.

Tonight, I was watching SDD as it was on Spike. I switched over just in time for the "Think outside the box" moment, and was squeeing as Grissom made the link that the apartments shared heating and cooling. He steps off the stepstool.

Grissom: "Sara."
    Sara: "Yeah."

Once again, she did exactly what he needed, without him specifically having to say what it was... Geek Mind Meld is love... and in that moment, I wondered, "Were the writers thinking of that when they wrote the scene?" I wish... because if they were... what awesome continuity.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

????- Sara why would your dad kill you? it's totally a natural thing, not to "sexy" or doesn't he want to see them on the PC :lol: I get that- :mad: and what's all this talk about Hank coming back- has this been posted or did I miss something somewhere??

[​IMG]

5. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Ziggy, you can totally still watch ABRTI! They have it on the CSI part of the CBS website. It's not very god quality, but it be there.

For Thermite, I said the second one. Because.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I really liked your commentary on continuity, Alyssa.

I don't think they necessarily were going directly back to that scene, but Sara and Grisom have often shown to have huge parallels in their lives and their habits.

It's something to show just how connected they are mentally that they don't really need any kind of further communication.

7. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

AL is uber smart.

And thank you, Crys! Very cool. I will watch it later, after I cease being SO LAZY that I'm incapable of FEEDING MYSELF.

8. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

desertwind I LOVE that pic! Yummy! :D

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Teehee... Thanks guys... I'm blushing!!! I just like to look back on the old eps! And Gris and Sara have always had this strange relationship.... and, I have to say, I'm glad it stopped being "Grissom the teacher and his class" because looking back, I don't enjoy that dynamic as much... At the time I loved it, but it changed and grew, and I'm very pleased that this show is capable of that... of having growth and development...

Like Grissom and Sara! They grew from teacher/student... to friends... to coworkers... to DELICIOUS. :0

10. HCfanforlife1982

HCfanforlife1982 Police Officer

I just wanted to say hi and that i'm back. lol. I have missed everyone but I just forget to post in here someetimes. lol.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I also rewatched SDD...loved the little cheek stroke even if it was under a 'dust' pretense. Cute.

12. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

I, too, have been watching a lot of old episodes. I watched SDD today and Burden of Proof. I really like the playfulness and light heartedness that seems to be more present within the earlier episodes. I am hoping that since GSR is now CANNON; we will have a lot more of that to even out the amount of angst we had earlier. It would be nice to have an equal amount.

On another note, I really hope that TPTB won't use some sort of break up or fight to boost their ratings anytime next season. I don't think my little shipper heart could handle that.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed, I'd wanna cry and yell at someone too if they did it. They better not.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

And, in truth, obviously Sara was going to progress and get stronger. I really like the scenes in which he seems genuinely proud of her, but more than that, I kind of like even more when he seems to think it's par for the course that she does something well. That switch of boss/subordinate to colleagues happened around the fifth season, I believe.

Welcome back! It's always great to see people return to the geeklove. lol.

I don't know WHAT you're referring to. Clearly she was performing a very normal procedure when dangerous wall chalk is on your boss.

Anything can happen. That's kind of the basic rule I'm living by so I don't get disappointed. And if anyone reads Kristen Elizabeth, they know it'll all turn out in the end. lol.

15. emily77

emily77 Dead on Arrival

First off, I finally saw Poppin Tags and Rashomama tonight. (Yay for dvr!)

That's not directly related to what I was going to say, though... This weekend I was watching some netflix dvds, and in the commentary track for Cast Away, one thing caught my attention... they were saying how in the first drafts of the script, they tried a lot of the typical pre-disaster personal stories, including Tom Hanks' character fighting with his girlfriend all the time, or other such things, and finally, they decided, essentially, that they'd let the drama come entirely from outside forces, basically... In case it's not obvious, I think this is a good idea regarding GSR. Of course, I also don't want to see an ER-style disaster-plagued cast... It's a delicate balance, I suppose...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.