Anna/Lindsay #2- Montana Girl in the Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by pizzapie, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

back to the "Clothes" topic real quick. The Shirt she wore in "All Access" Was cute, which I think she also wore in part of "Stealing home" as well. I liked the beggining outfit in "Stealing Home" also..

And, I dont think she's get a tattoo. It doesn't seem like her kind of thing.

2. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I'm not sure she would get a toattoo. It really doesn't seem like her.

3. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I think it is just kind of like 'geek lover' or 'lab nerd lover.' Both of those kind of seem negative to me(at least I would have made fun of something like that in high school)---but in some ways it's cute. I don't really think that way about Lindsay, but if she is a "Mary Sue," then I guess that makes some of us "Mary Sue" fans. I had never really heard of the term before, but I guess it just refers to a character that has many different talents/ can do many different things, someone who has a tragic past and varied background. :)IMO

As far as Lindsay's wardrobe, I think that it can have an edge without losing Lindsay's personal style or her personality. We haven't seen much of Lindsay's cleavage---and I am sure it's because she's not as large as Stella(but then again Stella has the curvy hips to go with the "girl's"). I think it also depends on the type of blouses that one wears too, in regards to how much cleavage one shows. But frankly, I think sometimes too much cleavage takes away from the character---almost defining that character in one way or another. I think it's okay for someone going out on the town or going on a date, but at work I'm not sure it's appropriate. ;)

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It was just a joke to the post above mine. That's what the ":rolleyes: :)" was for.

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Here are some quotes about Mary Sue characters, the good and the bad, from "Mary Sue: An Explanation."

So, when it comes to calling Lindsay a Mary Sue it seems where you stand controls what you see, perspective is key, true for us all.

As far as Lindsay's wardrobe is concerned I think in many ways it suits the character the writers wanted to create and the fact that it remained consistent was a positive point throughout the season. It will be interesting to see if Lindsay's wardrobe is dramatically altered in the third season and if there is a dimension to the character to warrant a change.

On a side note, Melina's breasts aren't really large at all just always on display, in fact, the average in the US is a 36 C, and I seriously doubt Melina is that.

Ali

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Reading the defintions of Mary Sue characters, it's painfully obvious how Lindsay absolutely and completely fits the bill. Center of attention, check. Set everything right, check. Make off with main male character, check. Wish fulfullment--see the previous three. :lol: It's like the writers pulled her straight out of fan fiction. Let's hope that can be remedied this coming season.

As for her wardrobe, it does fit her character. It's rather plain and safe, almost junior high. Unlike the other characters who dress rather sharply, it's a real contrast.

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

She is an outsider so I like that she is different in the way she dresses but I could see that over time she would start to bring in a few basics from the way most New yorkers dress. I think the colors they have been dressing her in also make a big difference. She could wear the same thing (so to speak) as stella but the earth tones she wears makes her seems midwestern to me.

8. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

She works in a lab. She's not suppose to dress sharply. That was what MANY critics had a problem with in the first seasons. CSI do not or should not dress like they come out of a fashion magazine. that's un real.
    Even though she is in New York I don't think they'll change her style. Her style is Lindsay Monroe, why should they change the chracter just becasue she doesn't dress sharply enough for a few fans.

And I think they are pulling a Sara/Catherine thing from the original. Sara doesn't care for her looks or what she wears while Cath does. Anyone else see a Lindsay/Stella compairison?

9. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

i like her wadrobe. it seems professional to me, and i like that its not to 'flashy' or 'showoffy' and that she keeps a very 'casual' look, it looks like she could really work in a crime lab.
    im out
    love
    allie

10. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

That's true about the compairison AlyssaluvsDanny but what I disliked about that sara/catherine they didn't let either change really. Meaning I want Stella to dress down every once in awhile. And I want Lindsay want to dress up for a date without people saying oh she trying too hard to be like stella. I hope this post makes sense.

11. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I agree with both of you. I mean, I love stella, but would someone working in a lab really wear what she wears? I really doubt that. Seriously.
    I was in my Mock Trial this year and we worked woth a lot of Lawyers and judges who work with CSI's in real life and they said that no respectable CSI dresses that way.
    And we have seen Lindsay dressed up once. I hope we get to see more of it next season. :D

12. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Real CSI's wear jumpsuits and coverings on their hair, so Lindsay isn't exactly following protocol either. However, since this is make believe and Stella is able to dress as a woman that has at least heard of Nordstrom's or Barney's, Lindsay could step it up a bit without losing the comfort factor. There is huge space between dressing sharply and dressing like someone's grandmother especially when you are in your 30's. Furthermore, it is going to take special effort to find clothing that lacks such appeal in New York, but maybe she goes home to her little town to refurbish her wardrobe. However, I think Lindsay's wardrobe suits her perfectly. :)

I wouldn't say Sara doesn't care as much as she is a natural woman that doesn't bother with all the fuss and frills that Catherine does. Catherine is more glamorous but it doesn't mean she cares more than Sara does about the way she presents herself to the world.

Ali

13. cfar

cfar Pathologist

Moving on...

I would love to see Lindsay and Stella work together more next season. I think they worked really well on their cases together this season.

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I agree, I love when they work together. In the parts of Live or Let Die that i've seen, there great together, including the other eppy's they work together.

15. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

They worked really well in Wasted as well. I liked how in it, they worked together, didn't fight-even though they disagreed, and even though Lindsay knew who it was, she had to rely on Stella for the science, since that was Stella had done.

I also loved them in the finale- how caring Stella was towards Lindsay.

Lindsay and Stella

Caption:
    Lindsay: Mommy, I'll be okay.

Sorry, but they look too much like mother and daughter there.

Edited to change pic to link

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.