Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hottie_Cath, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamondgirl

diamondgirl Lab Technician

Re: Gil <3 Cath #21: he's UP in bed while she's shaking he

i don't really know the url of meh banner.

2. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

would you like a new one?

where's everyone at? we have a big bang to discuss!

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Me, I'm at work, trying to post without being caught by my boss. :lol: Yay me for having brought my portable drive to work. I'll see if I can find you the pinning cap. :D

diamondgirl, the code you put in your sig is wrong. We need to know whether your banner is a jpg or a gif file to help it work. :)

4. coolcatz

ok, so e, what do you think they did on the ride back after returning the volcano?

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Obviously they had to stop for a while on their way back to the lab because a volcano was going to erupt. :devil:

Here's your pic:

[​IMG]

6. coolcatz

and the thread title lives UP to its name yet again!!!!!

so what fics are you following right now? did you see that cyrano had an update this morning?

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Hehe, UP eh? ;)

I don't think I read that fic. I haven't had much time for fics lately. I've been just following some of the WIP's and a few one-shots. Got anything to recommend? BTW, what about Lindsey's Party? ;)

8. coolcatz

well, see i could post an update but if i do it divides something i want to keep together soooooooo....

anyways, blame gc, they aren't cooperating. they've popped out another bunny that i had to get out before i could move on with this. and, um, rl got busy. gravy's not the only one knee deep in shakespeare, lol.

right now, the ones i'm following are ercila's spell fic and then the wips that have been going on for a while like mysteria lane. and i'm wondering why there has been no terror twin bugman fic lately.

i was very impressed with star journeying's fulfillment. her handling of that situation was wonderful. she did something at the end i could never have done and it was the right thing to do.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Because one of the Terror Twins is pretty busy herself. It's a good thing, you know, that some of us do have a real life. :D I know the other one has got some nice stuff that she hasn't posted yet, hehe. Why don't you try to bug her? ;)

And yes, SJ is indeed an awesome writer. Definitely hoping to see more fics written by her. :)

Hey, I got you the pic, why wasn't there a cap for it?

10. coolcatz

um, because this is a pg13 board. any cap i'd post would bring UP too much attention, lol. remember the avi from that scene? but i did save it.

and i'm back at loving the beginning of this ep. gil doesn't even think, he just shields and protects her, not even backing off when things are seemingly safe, but only when he's convinced they are.

11. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Grissom Vs the Volcano is one of my favourite GC episodes ever as him shielding her from the explosion and protecting her was so instinctive and natural. Just like when he protected her from Eddie.

I love those moments because usually he's scared of looking out for her too much or he simply doesn't know how to react like after she was attacked at the crime scene or after Eddie died ... he was just very Grissom-like so it's nice to see him being more Gil-like and protective. :)

12. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Is the word "up" our occuring theme here on this thread? :lol: It certainly seems that way. Not to say I don't like it, because I think I'd get bashed again for acting innocent. So yes. Gil is Up. :lol:

Yeah.. I really agree. I mean...it's just the best spontaneous scene you could get. Just that whole idea of bullets going off in the trunk of the car and making that moment last, you know? With the multiple angle shots and everything. It's a real joy to watch and whoever wrote this episode...is now my official hero. :lol:

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

According to IMDb, Grissom versus the Volcano was written by Anthony Zuiker and Judy McCreary. Anthony seems to always have the best ideas. LOL (no wonder NY is getting better and better). ;) Muzzy I love that you said it was spontaneous and mentioned Gil's reaction when he saw Eddie pinning Catherine on the glass wall. :)

Gravy, yes I think UP is the keyword of this thread since he's UP in bed while she's shaking her head. Hehe.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

So we've moved up to GVTV - GREAT episode.

I was just rewatching the bullets scene again. I noticed how the sheriff's first instinct is also to turn to Cath and get her out of the way. When he sees that Gil has her and is leading her away he quickly pushes them towards shelter, draws his gun and keeps searching for a shooter. I liked sheriff Atwater. In this episode, he's curious and wants to know what's going on, but not being a prick about it.

* liked the convo between Gil & David when Gil found the vics feet in the car.

* interesting to note that when Nick arrives, Cath seems quite distracted while marking the evidence. (I have my theories about why she's distracted!)

* G & C are just so fun to watch when they do a quiet process of a scene. When they go to the suspect's apartment, they don't get in each other's way. Plus, they always get a good one-liner in it seems. This time it was Cath: "Dr. Amerian, 4:00 P.M." Oh, today. (turns to look at Gil.) I'll make an appointment.

* Cath gets another chance to tell a guy to "strip" (remember "the finger"?)

* The GC volcano scene in the house *sigh*

* Cath's face when Roger Dunbar said he "did the right thing" when marrying the 2nd wife because she was pregnant, even though he was still married to the first. - and again at the end when the wife said that she did it because he made a mockery of their marriage. Classic Marg looks.

* Also have to say that I also loved the "B" story here too - the singer's wife dead in the tub. I love the guy that plays the singer's manager, Sam Hopkins. I've seen him somewhere before, and he's always great.

15. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Life is back to normal for this TT. I should be writing soon. We do have the Honeymoon in progress it just got stalled during my chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.