Lindsay Love Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Unless it's in a shipper thread about Lindsay and someone else... just making a point though, not an argument.. :)

2. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Yes, but there are no shipper threads in the NY forum, I was speaking to the NY forum specifically as I stated in my previous post that you quoted. Back to the love . . . .

Ali

3. cfar

cfar Pathologist

The mods approved the opening of and limitations for this thread. If you have a problem with it, please take it up with the mods privately.

Continuing with the discussion:
    I do like her physicality. I hope they keep that for next season. The fact that she's not afraid to go after suspect physically despite her size is great!

4. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I love Lindsay. She's really passionate about what she does -- and has an almost insatiable need to know why the crime took place ("Stealing Home.") But she's also really sweet, and has a subtle snark about her. I kind of like how innocent she is about the city.

In other news, I have a sunburn on my head.

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Perhaps, you should reread what I said before you attempt to admonish publicly my statements, but I will clarify them in simpler terms. What I said was that this thread along with the Anna/Lindsay threads were the only ones where negative comments against Lindsay were not allowed, I did not question nor challenge the limitations with my statement, in fact, I did the opposite, I highlighted these limitations, because there was some question about comments being made against Anna in other threads.

This thread was also to serve the purpose of friendly discussion of Lindsay for those that love her without negative statements being made about those that don't since that has happened at least twice on this page, both of which I responded to without attacking or admonishing anyone.

Context is everything, but perhaps I will take up the possible misuse of this thread with the mods.

Now by all means back to the Lindsay discussion.

Thanks so much,

Ali

6. cfar

cfar Pathologist

Sorry about the sunburn...

I do like that they brought in a character that isn't a native New Yorker. When I moved to a large city (not NYC), a lot of the people I knew and worked with were "imports," we moved there from somewhere else for school, work, friends, kicks, etc. I think it was great to bring in someone who's seeing New York through fresh eyes. It also gives them a reason to explain things about New York that most people who don't live in the city don't know (like the water tower thing).

7. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

^ I think it's very common in a field like forensics for someone to want to work in a bigger city. More variety, have access to better equipment, probably more "qualified" coworkers (the jobs are probably more competitive. I do hope next season we find out exactly WHY Lindsay moved to NY.

8. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I found that water tower thing completely ridiculous. I like in a city that doesn't have any, but does she not watch TV? Or read? Water towers are mentioned or described in everything from Arthur to The X Files to That 70's Show ... that fact that the writers deemed it necessary to describe what it was and what a block party was, for lack of a better word, stupid.

That being said, the portrayal of the line wasn't all bad.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Okay, here's the thing about the water tower: I consider myself a reasonably well-educated young woman, and I know what water towers are and everything, but I would probably have asked why there was one on the roof as well. Not being from a city, I'm used to the water towers that stand out in the middle of nowhere looking like an enormous gray microphone or something. Once somebody told me that it was a water tower, and that it was there because water pressure sucks, I would have understood and immediately felt like a dork for not figuring it out, but I'm pretty sure I would have asked. Hell, if they hadn't said something on the show, I probably would have been on this forum the next morning asking why in the world there was a water tower on top of the building. :lol:

I also know what a block party is, but I'd probably still gawk around like the red-neck tourist that I am. ;) :lol: I'm inclined to think that her reaction was more along the lines of: I know what they are but I've never been in the middle of one to know what it's really like.

So in that sense I can relate to the character. ;)

10. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

So I understand the water tower line a little more, still don't think it was entirely necessary though, but the block party one still amazes me.

Every small town I've been too, and there's a lot in BC and Southern Ontario, has had a block party or three. I go to Pemberton for a week and see three seperate ones. I drive through Kimberley and see one.

When I have been visiting family Essex, or Blenheim, or Maidenhead in Ontario I usually see at least one block party. Now, I don't know if those American's are as big party animals as us Canadians, but the lack of credit the writers are giving the viewers annoys me to no end.

11. cfar

cfar Pathologist

There aren't block parties where I grew up...They'd have occassional city-wide events where they would shut down Main street, but it would involve vendors and some carnival rides... Random neighborhoods wouldn't really have block parties, they'd have backyard bar-b-ques that included some of the neighbors. They wouldn't need block the street for it because pretty much everyone has a front and back yard so their is plenty of room without spilling out into the street. I'm guessing the situation is pretty similar in most of Montana (though I've never been there, so I can't say for sure). Instead of block parties, we had county fairs (which I'm guessing would bring a few comments from Flack or Danny if they saw one).

While I've heard of block parties, I've never actually seen one in the US. There were several outdoor events similar to block parties in Rome and they did surprise me. I thought it was fun, but a bit odd *shrug*

12. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I"d never even heard of block parties. Where I'm originally from, not only would you have a yard for people to be in- there wouldn't be enough people to have one.

We would have a "Fall Festival" that was city wide, but it was vendors, crafts people selling stuff. Even where I went to school we didn't have anything like that.

I would have wondered about the water tower, too.

13. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Yeah, if I were Lindsay I probably would have asked Flack what was going on as well - my thought would have been, special festival? Fair? Not a block party.

14. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I've heard of block parties, but we don't have any here. City wide parades and such, but block parties---no. Lindsay wasn't questioning what a block party was, she just seemed to think it was interesting---something different that she hadn't seen before. I actually thought she seemed impressed by neighbors joining together with neighbors to have a nice Sunday afternoon. :)

15. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

I've heard of block parties. While we don't have any around where I live often, they have them in Boston quite a bit. I've seen them around.

And I agree -- I think Lindsay was more intrigued by the idea of block parties, having never seen them before.