Lindsay Love Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Apr 30, 2006.

1. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

No, I don't think that Lindsay has anything specializing in blood drops. Mac wanted her because of her attention to details.

I like how sweet and nice Lindsay is. She is a good person who doesn't yell and she relies on science more than anything else.

2. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

^Actually, she used her gut in Cool Hunter, almost more than the science. At least to say that the doctor had something to do with it.

3. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

And I like how she can get physical sometimes. Chasing a suspect or knocking them down.

4. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Dead on Arrival

Lindsay is nice, sweet, calm, out going, not afraid to be herself and someone everyone can get along with. She is totally awsome

5. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I know. I love Lindsay. She is a breath of fresh air on New York. She is a nice person who gets her job done. She isn't some mean looking person who has a chip on their shoulder. To quote EW

I can't stand it when fans complain and whine about no character development!! This show isn't about that. It's about murder, and crime solving and eventually maybe we'll learn something about a characters past. Why should Lindsay be judge on "lack of charatcer development" Please.... :rolleyes::

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Nicely, nicely children, we want the playground to remain a happy place. ;)

I think the issue of whether or not character development is important varies from person to person. Some people watch NY just for the crime solving, but others want to get to know the characters and, when the people involved in making the show specifically say that it will be geared more toward the characters, it's understandable to expect some devlopment. To a point. The show is, first and foremost, a crime drama, but the writers have clearly intended for us to also get to know and care for the characters. If that's the case, then they should have given as much development to Lindsay as they have for other characters (although she's certainly not the only one who could use it ;)). It's perfectly ok to feel that that character development is unnecessary, but it's also equally ok to think the characters should be developed.

There are a lot of people who like Lindsay just the way that she is, as you can obviously tell from this thread and the Anna/Lindsay thread, so you're not alone in thinking that she's been a great addition to the show. Just please be cautious that, in your defense of the character, you don't come close to insulting the other fans who come on here to post their opinions--I don't think you intended it to come across that way, but some people might read that post and take it offensively, and I'd hate for more arguments to break out (especially in a thread created to admire a character).

Now, that having been said, I'll get back to the Lindsay discussion. ;)

I like that she had a gut instinct in "Cool Hunter" and that she followed it up--instinct can be a good thing, but only if it helps you get to the truth. She might have felt that the doctor was involved, but she didn't go with it until she had the proof, and I like that.

I also like that she can get physical with the suspects. Body-slamming the guy into the car in "Zoo York" was a priceless moment from season 2. I only wish that they'd kept more of that aspect of her character throughout the season--Danny and Flack (and sometimes Mac) shouldn't be the only ones chasing suspects. True, Lindsay did grab that guy in the hall of the college dorm, but were there any other moments other than those two? *tries to remember*

7. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Thanks, Cfar. You rock too. ;)

Alyssa, like my sig?? :D Thought I'd share the Lindsay Love. :cool:

Getting along is good. Let's just share the love. I agree. :)

8. cfar

cfar Pathologist

I like that she's willing to tackle suspects...willing to get in the mix instead of waiting for a man to come take care of it. I think it was just those two times, but they were both great ;)

9. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I hope they remember to show that side of her in season 3. Random question what happened to her knife? Does she still carry it? I loved Danny & Mac's reaction. ;)

10. AlyssaluvsDanny

AlyssaluvsDanny Coroner

I hope they keep up with it too. To change her in the next season would be a really bad move.
    Sorry, but insulting anna in other thread besides the why lindsay must go thread is rude to all the lindsay fans here.

Yay, audacity I love your sig!! :lol:

11. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I would like to see that athletic side that Lindsay has more often. I would also love to see how she pulls out her gun and charges towards a suspect. :lol: :cool:

Let's share the peace as well as the love. ;) :)

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

AlyssaluvsDanny, I'm sending you a PM in response to your previous post so that this thread doesn't get cluttered with back and forth comments. Suffice it to say that I fail to see the insult in my post (just a statement of opinion and an attempt to avoid argument).

I just had the mental image of Lindsay pulling out her gun and chasing a huge biker-dude. :lol: She may be small, but she's got spunk! :lol:

13. CSIfanaticgirl

CSIfanaticgirl Witness

I agree. She can be tough at times, but also has shown her more vulnerable side in episodes like Stealing home. I like how this makes her seem a more real and rounded character in the show. :)

14. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I like teh physical side as well, it would be interesting to see her go after this huge guy and get him, even though she's tiny.

We've wondered in the other about the gun issue- does she even carry one? I don't think I've seen her with one except in the lab, testing.

15. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Would the converse be true as well? That praising Lindsay in threads outside of this one and the Anna/Lindsay thread could be perceived as rude to those that are not fond of the character or the actress's talents. Isn't the Lindsay Love thread the only placed on the NY board deemed unacceptable to air a negative opinion about the character, thereby allowing discussion in other threads to flourish?

As far as Lindsay's wardrobe is concerned I think in many ways it suits the character the writers wanted to create and the fact that it remained consistent was a positive point throughout the season. It will be interesting to see if Lindsay's wardrobe is dramatically altered in the third season and if there is a dimension to the character to warrant a change.

On a side note, Melina's breasts aren't really large at all just always on display, in fact, the average in the US is a 36 C, and I seriously doubt Melina is that.

Ali

EDT: Oops! Wrong thread for the wardrobe and breasts discussion, I'll repost over there.