Alex/Vartann

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Leannethemouse, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Re: Det Vartann

I can't believe I've just found this thread!

I love Detective Vartann. I love *staring at* Detective Vartann.

;)

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

He's YUMMY ;)
    a good actor too

3. screamingpoet

screamingpoet CSI Level One

Okay, so I just watched "Eleven Angry Jurors" and I basically fell in love all over again. I wish there was more Vartann fic out there. I also wish his name wasn't Tony, I always thought his name was something more...him. Like John or Alex.

OMG PICSPAM!
    I don't think so, buddy
    On the job
    Vartann goes emo

4. DragonLadyK

DragonLadyK Dead on Arrival

Actually, as far as I am aware they never stated his name in canon. Also, CSI has a habit of naming characters after their actors, Archie Kao's Archie Johnson being the most widely-known exmple. So Mr. Alex Carter's Vartann just may end up an Alex, if TPTB pay him that much attention. ;)

As for the Vartann-emo pic -- he IS a skinny thing, isn't he? *grin* Nice elfin features. Mmm. Pretty. Part Glanconer, I'd bet. ^^

DragonLady

5. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

The name Tony was in the initial script of a season 6 episode (something like this was written there: Detective Tony Vartann enters the room) But yeah, there are too many different writers on CSI most of them wouldn't even think about continuity on the show so I think we'll just have to wait for the time when one of the CSIs blurt out his name. ;) Im also partial to Alex, the name suits him well.

6. screamingpoet

So, if people posted here more, I'd start a discussion. Like, what do we think Vartann's backstory is? Was he married, which is why he fielded the marriage question in "Iced"? Was the comment in "Big Middle" just a fluke of the writers or is it a flaw in Vartann's personality? How does he deal with what he sees on the job? Does he drink? Which way does he take his coffee? Boxers or briefs, or none at all?

Anyways...

7. ladyhunter

I'd be up for it.. the discussion
    I think he was married it ended badly that's why he avioded the question, in Iced

8. lea

lea Police Officer

Either that or he was just embarrased, because he hasn't been married, and he doesn't have anyone maybe. But I think your speculation is probably more probable. He was trying to avoid it, maybe cause he was hurt, or maybe just felt awkward or something.

Ermm hi by the way... I love Vartann too, he's well cool bless him.

Oo and also... He so takes his coffee strong.. like him :D and boxers all the way.. :p

9. ladyhunter

Hi,
    I love him too, he's almost as cool as Grissom :)
    or
    with the marriage thing he hasnt' found the right person, had a girlfriend or fiance that complained he was a cop
    but I do want to know more about his history and why he is in Vegas.
    he is a nice addition to the show and IMO was the best part of the finale

10. Muzzy_Olorea

Muzzy_Olorea Lab Technician

Some one should write a fic about him and then we can dream he has a deep, dark, sordid past which caused him to become a cop. :p

11. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Det! He's so cool! And yes, It'd be very cool if someone would write a fic about him, I'm not the best writer, so someone else has to do it :lol:

12. ladyhunter

ooohh good idea, HHHMMM let's think about this...
    and somehow he knows Grissom ( like everyone else) and that's how he came to Vegas, OR he came with the wife/girfriend and the relationship ended and he stayed or work in the Capt. Brass connection too..
    Hey, I think we have the beginning of our story :)
    What do you think?

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I knew there was a shipper thread for him, didn't even think about a thread here. *tellsselfwhatadummyitis*
    I would like to think he was married at some point and that he was hurt by it. Boxers I can see. I don't know about the comment in big middle other than it was going to be greg's line at first. So I would say that was all the writers fault.

14. ladyhunter

I don't know about the comment either. What was it? I've seen the episode but I'm not sure what you are reffering to
    Boxers..YES
    Strong coffee.. YES, with a little milk or cream ( like me)
    I can see him married, when he was younger and his wife was killed or she left him ... something like that
    I'm still working on the idea of a fic about him.

15. screamingpoet

The comment in "Big Middle" was extremely rude towards obese people. It was supposed to be Greg's line at first, but Szmanda complained so the writers shoved it onto Vartann. I think the line just sounded out of character for him. Normally he's really softspoken and sweet, like when he opened the door for Sara at the scene one time. I forget the ep.

As for marriage, I could see him being married and then divorced, his wife cheating on him or something because he was never home -- the whole cop thing, maybe bringing the job home or something. Coffee, I say either black or really strong with a little cream, like hhunter suggested. Definitely boxers. He only drinks when a case gets to him, like with a murdered child or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.