Death Penalty? What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI3, Jun 5, 2005.

1. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

NOPE it should be banned all over the world- it is a barbaric and hypocritical punishment and doesn´t belong in a civilized society.

1)By killing someone who´s killed someone you are just as bad.

2)Who has the right to decide who should be killed and who shouldn´t?

3)Considering the number of ppl that have been innocently executed it´s just not worth the risk.

4)It will never be possible to completely put yourself in the position of the person who committed the crime so it will never be possible to give a just death sentence.

5)The death penalty has no deterring effect what so ever- it only increases violence in society. Does anyone really believe that a person driven as far as murder will be thinking of the consequences of his actions? Most murderers have biological and/or psychological damages.

6) Death p. gives no closure for victim or perp families. Imprisonment is both a punishment and a chance for treatment closure and mediation. The perp should be forced to face the victims family as a part of the punishment/ treatment and acknowledge and take responsibility for the actions.

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Sitting in prision rotting away, I would rather die.

3. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

I'd like to know your sources if you don't mind.

4. saraholic

saraholic Corpse

I am all for the death penalty if it fits the crime that they committed.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I just learned that if you are on death row.

The cells are deisgned so that you have no basic human contact. If that is not cruel and unusal punishment I don't know what is.

6. ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM

ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM Rookie

I support the death penalty, however under some circumstances I think it may be worse to live the rest of your life in a cell then given the satasfaction of being put out of your misery.

7. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

Actually, being in one of those cells would be extremely fun for me.

8. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

I definately support the death penalty, but it has to be for things that deserve to get it, such as murders and stuff, but for those who know the story of Shapelle Corby, she almost got the penalty, but luckily escaped it, but instead got 20 years in a Bali jail for something she didn't do, but tharts just my opinion! :D

9. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I cannot support the death penalty. I understand that many people still do, for perfectly valid reasons. But personally, I can't reconsile the concept of an eye for an eye in my own mind. As a Wiccan, I believe that their crimes will come back on them times three - how can that happen if they are given the quick and easy way out of death?

However, I do feel that Life should mean Life, and murderers being paroled after 8 or 10 or 15 years is ridiculous. If you kill someone, you should give up your right to freedom for LIFE, not just a few years...

I also think that the very worst offenders, such as serial killers should be studied - let them spend the rest of their lives under the microscope, so maybe in the future, other crimes may be prevented...

my 2 cents worth...

10. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

:lol: lmao, it wouldn't be fun at all. They so wouldnt let you have billy pics! :eek:

11. CSI_wannabe91086

CSI_wannabe91086 Lab Technician

i dont support it because killing someone for killing someone else doesnt make it any better and if a person kills more than one person, dying once doesnt really make up for it. we would be better off letting the person rot in prison for the rest of their lives and think about what they did.

12. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

One death is better than two (I know it would of been better if there wasn't a death at all but we must accept the fact that it happens and 99% of the time there is nothing that we can do), don't kill the murderers, make them suffer, make them pay, make them wish they'd died, that way it is worse than death and is inhuman. They'd never do it again. Lock em' in jail and throw away the key is what I say and don't look back.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that there are many sides to both for and against, I think that for is that they are facing the ultimate punishment however wouldn't a life (although not feasable (sp)) in total solatary confinment be far worse than death? Think of the boredom.

14. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

It's not exactly the boredom, it's the lack of stimuli that would make it a fitting punishment. I can only assume this solitary confinement that you're talking about is one room, 8x12 cell, either dim light (or no light?) or constant light? Fitting punishment for Winston in 1984, but we've come a long way since 1948...

Anyway, it's like taking a trip inside a sensory deprivation tank. You spend too long in there you'll go insane, there's a predictable stage until in the end they don't care if they live or die anymore, until they go through a suicidal stage.

This is considered cruel and unusual punishment by the UN. Sadly, anything less than what prisoners already have is almost considered cruel and unusual punishment.

15. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I would think so.