CSI:Miami Season 5 *Spoiler Lab* Proceed With Caution!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

*sighs* Yeah, Lucy. But I guess there's nothing we could do. Well we could stop watching but I've tried it. And you don't last long. lol.

And Hummer.....that's an interesting thought. But even if thats what they are trying to do. I still think its to much. But oh well I guess we'll just have to see how it all turns out when the show came back on.

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I must admit, the CBS bio crossed my mind too when I read that, but the CBS bios have been proven to be inaccurate - especially the part about his mother's killer. Season 4 presented a whole new angle to that scenario!

....or was S4 just a dream afterall? ;)

3. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

Oh no here I was all prepared not to watch Season 5 after the Season 4 fiasco. Now it sounds interesting, especially bringing Yelina back.

4. speedmonkey2

Oh, Lucy! Boy would I LOVE for that to happen. I think that's another thing with these writers they try to pack to much into one season. Like Horatio was doing just fine and then bam he has this whole Walter Resden thinger which was fine it was ok. And then oh let's get him involved with Eric's sister. In my opinion I think A Lot of people...well i can't really speak for anyone but myself, but I think people would have liked Marisol a lot more if it was kept as only as a Eric storyline.

And I think the writers just go a little overboared with all this Horatio storyline stuff. Because like in season 1 in the episode Bunk Horatio's all talking to Speed about his dad and he says "Like my old man used to say. If you don't have a back up you don't have a plan." and then in s4 were just supposed to believe oh that his father was a bd guy and he killed his wife or whatever. I dunno, It all seems a little much for me. And i'm....*sighs* I can't even really express how I feel. If I was David Caruso honestly I would have like beat Donahue up by now. I mean that mans head has to be spinning from all the things that has happend to Horatio.

And whatevever happend to Susie and Madison? I mean did the poor little thing die? Did Ray jr's. bone marrow or whatever it was work? Is Susie back on drugs? I mean what's going on with that.

And like as soon as I saw One Of Our Own and Horatio says "Were goin to Brazil." and then you see you know the plane fly across his sunglasses at first I was like "Oh good lord!" and then I was like "Wait a minute....Brazil...Yelina...this could be good. You know very interesting." And then they go a little to far with this whole Ray Jr in the police thinger. But oh well. I'm rambling and I'm not even getting really into how I feel, because Its hard to express how I feel.

And I guess to just sum it all up, I think the writers need to tone it down just a tad. I mean you can't have all these storylines for the characters. Yes stroylines are ok. But you HAVE GOT TO LEARN when enough is enough. You know?

Anyways, the above is just a little rant from me and its just my opinion so please don't hit me.

5. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

How can David Caruso wanna beat Donahue up? From what I hear he arrives 30 min early to go over the scripts. So ya think if he didn't like something he'd have enough pull to have it changed. Don't ya think?

6. speedmonkey2

Well I'm not saying that David doesn't like what's going on. I was just saying if I was David I would have to say something because its just a little to much. But like I said that's just my opinion.

7. katpin31791

Oh I know. Sorry for the way it sounded. I just read sometime ago that he always arrived 30 min early to go over the scripts. Guess I should've added that I also wondered why he never thought it odd the way things were progressing with the story between H & M. I guess I felt he agreed with it since well..............it did happen. Wasn't trying to knock ya for your opinion. Guess I was trying to make a comment and it ended up sounding well...............anyway sorry.

8. speedmonkey2

Oh, I know. No worries :)

Its just I feel like they try to give Horatio to much at one time.

I mean i'm not bashing Horatio or Horatio fans or anything like that at all. Its just.....I don't really know how to word this so I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I feel like its all Horatio all the time and the other characters get like 3 second of storyline and I dunno *shrugs* Nevermind.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Or is it just me?

9. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

No it is not just you. I like Horatio but at times it seems like the Horatio hour and everybody else just have cameos.

10. katpin31791

Oh I understand what you're saying. No you didn't offend me. I guess I was just trying to explain why S4 took place the way it did. I just feel if they had pull & didn't like the scripts you'd think something would've been said but, who am I to know. Oh I agree they did give Horatio too much.Well.........once they invented the H/M story to me it seemed to be just about them. I love H that's what drew me to the show to begin with but after FF/MM (which is how I got hooked) it seemed to have faltered but actually got worse in Score I believe it was? Lord help us in S5. Hope it's alot better. YAY Yelina's coming back. Don't understand the Ray Jr. story yet. Sounds farfetched to me. LOL. Anyway no offense. I just felt bad thinking I'd offended ya. Brain & mouth don't meet together sometimes. LOL

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I can't wait until Horatio lands in Brazil.

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

One of Miami's main flaws has always been it's lack of continuity. I do honestly think that the fans are more aware of what has happened in the past than the writers are! The writers are just concerned with looking ahead, and if it doesn't quite tie up with Miami's past then never mind, people will still watch. That's the impression I get anyway. I'm hoping Season 5 might address at least some of the loose ends and impress me. I won't hold my breath though. ;)

13. speedmonkey2

Yeah, I agree Lucy. And I just want to mention this one thing real quick that proves that Miami doesn't really pay attention when there writing.

Ok, Horatio supposbly worked in Ny five years ago with that whole Walter Resden getting his blood thinger ok but if he worked in Ny five years ago then how on earth is it possible for him to work in Miami with Al on the bomb squad?

And one more thing. If Miami keeps losing police officers there aren't going to be any left. I mean seriously LV has lost....2...3 maybe...I dunno Miami has lost A LOT. I mean there's Officer Holis and the swat officer in Dispo Day. There's Speed, there the 12 in From The Grave, there's Jessop, and Insko and I know I'm forgetting someone else. But seriously Season 5...let's lay of the cop killings just a little.

*clears throat and steps off of soap box* Anyways I'm done now. But I think I will give this show one more season and if It doesn't improve to me then I think its safe to say that I'm done.

14. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

The one thing is that this seems fairly detailed for something that's not even begun shooting...

15. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Yeah, I agree. Somewhere I'm afraid that it's too detailed and that it turns out to be very different. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.