ALERT: 'ET' Goes Behind The Scenes On 'CSI' Tonight

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 9, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Even while the cast and crew are still enjoying a well-deserved vacation, syndicated news magazine Entertainment Tonight is planning to air a segment this evening on what life's really like behind the scenes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

"If there is some emotion, something that our characters respond to, something that affects Grissom or Catherine, that is a great script," executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> told ET in between running a story meeting in the writers' room. "If it has great science, that is a great script. If it is a whodunnit that twists and twists and twists, like the 'Weeping Willows' episode, that is a great episode. If we are on our game and it is done well, then it is fun for our audience."

Other writers present when ET filmed its segment were <font color=yellow>Naren Shankar</font>, <font color=yellow>Josh Berman</font>, <font color=yellow>Judith McCreary</font> and <Font color=yellow>Dustin Abraham</font>, as well as frequent CSI director <font color=yellow>Richard Lewis</font>. The latter also shared his thoughts on what makes a good story for the show: "The first thing that goes through my mind [when I hear a story pitch] is: what is the thematic underpinning? What are the characters like? What is the story like? I am mostly interested in the emotional content."

Moving on from the writers' room, ET also looked in on <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> and <font color=yellow>Eric Szmanda</font> (Greg Sanders) rehearsing a scene, likely from "Iced." Fox indicated she really liked the show's creative team: "That whole team has a creative sense and a business to it. I think that is a really interesting mix and it has been successful for us."

But then the actress smiled. "And [they are] really twisted," she said. "I am exhausted from all the violence. I just have to be a crime-scene investigator. They have to get into the heads of all these characters, the villains and the victims. Frankly, they trouble me a little bit. I think they are weird."

The full segment contains more thoughts from Fox, as well as some insight from Carol Mendelsohn in how long it takes to create a CSI episode. To find out when Entertainment Tonight is scheduled to air in your area, as well as to read a few more excerpts, head over to the program's official web site.<center></center>

2. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I watched it. It was really cute. I swear I could work with ES ALL day and never want to leave work. :)

3. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

**didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so sorry if it is**
    The Insider has a segment in tonight's episode in which they gave Jorja Fox a video camera to film her day on set.
    Video can be seen here: The Insider online

4. lovesCSI

lovesCSI Pathologist

I haven't seen that before...
    that video is ssoooooo cool! awesome! :D :D :D
    I've played that video like 10 times or something :D
    are there any more videos she filmed?
    I hope.. otherwise she has to film more! :D
    whooh! :D I love that video...I'm so happy right now :p!

oh..and does anyone know where I can see that video of ET goes behind the scenes on CSI

5. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

6. Lucrezia

Lucrezia Rookie

Is it me or can't I seem to open the insider movie clip on that website where it is archived :confused:

7. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

I couldn't open it either.

8. Lucrezia

Lucrezia Rookie

Anybody else that knows where to get the full video? I really want to see it and well I don't live in the USA so it is impossible to watch what you can watch over there :(

9. ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM

ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM Rookie

I was able to see it on that link but I couldn't hear anything, my volume was on though. Oh well. I will fiddle with it later. Thanks for the links!

10. ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM

ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM Rookie

I'm a dork my mute was on. LOL Great clip!