World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Rooney would have been sent off anyway. My point was why do players who are uninvolved have to get themselves involved? It had nothing to do with Ronaldo. The pressuring of the ref is common yes, but that doesn't mean that it's right and that we should be happy about it.

Ronaldo will indeed have a very hard time in the Premiership now.

2. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

Don't worry, either one will kick our happy asses... :p :lol:
    I still didn't make up my mind Brazil or France? I think Brazil will win the WC, but I also like France... :rolleyes:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

I agree MD ^. I've seen it happen in England's other WC matches over the past few weeks (from both teams I mean).

It doesn't help, so I think they should just leave it alone if they weren't involved in the incident, and just let the ref decide. It should be entirely the ref's decision what happens to the player in question anyway, though I can understand pressuring from the players who were actually involved.

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes, they did really well and gave a great account of themselves. I'm proud of them. Our penalties were poor though. Usually, I would stake my mortgage on Gerrard and Lampard, but the pressure was obviously too much. So sad that it had to end this way - yet again. :(

5. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

If Ronaldo wasn't trying to get Rooney sent off, why did he wink at the bench afterwards? Disgraceful. It was like 'Mission Accomplished'. It seems cheats do prosper in this game. If England were better cheats, they would get further in these competitions.

In my opinion, Rooney would have been yellow carded for the stamp. Ronaldo got involved, Rooney pushed him and that is what warranted the red card - because he reacted.

6. Misery

Misery Pathologist

There were at least 3 other players with Christiano Ronaldo there. And at least 4 more England players.
    And usually, refs HATE when players come against him. Cards are flying all over the place. His mistake was that he didn't whistle the foul a few seconds before; he took that action too far. But, Rooney's behaviour was unacceptable.

Besides, Ferguson said that he won't let Christiano Ronaldo leave. I doubt that it was his plan, but this will make things easier for him to go to Real Madrid.

7. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

i rarely a sore loser ;)
    but i would like to say, well done dolphy ;) and good one ricardo. and being english, we BLAME ppl! :D and its svens fault :lol: he definately chose the wrong tactics, theres no way joe cole or beckham are wingers
    and rooney can rarely play alone up front
    crouch is shit, we know that

theo..at least try him with rooney. theo is similar tp henry, and since no one has seen theo play. it might be interesting to see what he can produce

but see you in 2yrs! :D
    austria/switzerland 2008 ;)

go france, not brazil...cos i always favour the underdog. their going VERY well against brazil, but never write them off, two left wingers and ribery supporting henry with ZZ behind and vieira and makelele holding. cant see why they cant win

but ronaldinho is quiet, ronaldo is fat and kaka' is a solo player, no reallly break through.

upset about england..but the past is the past and hope there are more promising out and out STRIKERS
    crouch is crap.

8. Misery

Misery Pathologist

France is playing SOOOOOO good!!!!
    Great goal by Henry!

Go France!

9. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

bye england!hurhurhur

and i'm rooting for France tonight :D
    1-0 now,way to go!

10. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE WON
    BRAZIL IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATION TOO MY COUNTRY§§§§§§§

11. defiantDittohead

defiantDittohead Rookie

brazil were nothing til 70mins :p

go thierry henry!! 214 for arsenal ,not out :D

12. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

And congratulations from Germany. I was so rooting for France

13. Tini

Tini Lab Technician

Whohooooooooooooooooooooooo: Vive La France!!!!!! :lol:

Ok that was probably so wrong, but who cares? Congratulations , it was a great game.

Hey Siss, maybe we meet each other in the final? Wouldn`t that be awesome?

14. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Yeah, congratulation France! Congratulation Zidane! Fate just won't let him retire! :D

15. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

You know, it is possible that Ronaldo did it on purpose, because being teammates with Rooney, he would have known what would get Rooney to explode. And Rooney played right onto it. But he still didn't have to react, it was like Beckham in 98 WC all over again. Oh well.

FRANCE WON! WOO!

Brazil didn't play that well, I must say. And Henry. What an awesome goal. I'm so glad he's staying in Arsenal :p

An All-European semis! This is going to be awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.