Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

It's a BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART that I made for Sarah, because I love her. It's capped from a certain scene in To Live and Die in LA. . . . . .

That's exactly what I'm saying. The fact that they're in a relationship makes their professional lives so much easier. I think anyone who's been in a similar situation would agree that once the tension is gone, everything settles down for you.

Would a Kevin Bacon version help?

Yes, NOW you are. hmph.

Oh, and crazy Adam was also on 24 playing Jack's partner Chase, who ended up involved with Kim... which, as I see it, makes him EVEN CRAZIER.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Let us just say that Mr. Petersen has apparently joined Ewan McGregor in the fight to make male-female equality in films a thing of the present and future.

True. Which is why I so fear the curveball of Ecklie or a Majorie Westcott-type person coming in and saying, "Even though you keep things 99% professional at work, it's wrong that you're seeing each other. No matter what the rules in the state of Nevada actually say about this, it's wrong" and then that whole drama. Which you KNOW they'll do.

They'll find some way to work that in, because this show isn't character-driven enough to have it be about cheating or suspicion or jealousy as an actual arc rather than a single episode type thing.

So a controvercy that interferes with work would make more sense.

No, now it's your soul that's rotten.

Still a pretty cool dude.

3. ziggystarduzt

And can I add that I'm much more appreciative of Ewan's effort than Billy's?

Oh, of course. And then Sara will beg Ecklie not to tell Grissom, and then dump Grissom without any explanation other than "it's not working", and then Catherine will come to Sara's house and be unforgiveably rude to her, and then set Grissom up with her blonde fri...what? WHAT?

4. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Haha, I'm all for equality. ;)

To make this post have some relevance to GSR other than the "beautiful piece" (of art) that Sara probably appreciates more than we do, I'll just say that I very much prefer workplace angst to personal/relationship angst. The way they portrayed the couple in WTG left very little room for relationship problems that stem from the relationship dynamic itself. They are shown as a content, loving, devoted couple. It would be completely ridiculous at this point to show either one of them having personal doubts, or potentially interested in someone else (and not even Cath's blonde friend, no! :D). That said, I really really doubt we'll see happy geeks next season. Which is fine, as long as they end up happy and together.

5. ziggystarduzt

^ The whole blonde friend reference, and really that entire paragraph was shamefully stolen from the plot of Kristen Elizabeth's latest fanfic, which she has in progress over at geekfiction :D

6. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I know! :D Of course I am reading it. KE writes some of the best "it's gonna end well but you know there'll be so much angst"-type fics out there. And BTW, I want to believe Grissom saw her before she exited. That dress shouldn't go to waste. :D

7. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

THREAD #20! :D

We've come a long way, baby!
    I'm terribly late, but I'm here.
    GSR forever.

About the holiday poll, I can see them having a weekend at a lake. These two will probably go on holidays, I mean, look at how they look in the bedroom! They are not the workaholics Grissom and Sara that they used to be once.

8. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

Can you imagine if there was a thread out there somewhere talking about your blurry penis? I can't, because I don't have one, but wouldn't that just be weird?

Hey, that makes me wonder - any guys in the shipper forum? Don't be shy, speak up . . . . yah, I don't think there are any . . .

YAY thread #20!!! If we uber post, we can beat the Gil/Cath thread which is shamefully ahead of us at thread #21. Not that we should be competitive or anything, but . . .

I think the we are gonna get a lot of possible professional reprecussions for Grissom next year . . something to set up the exit for Billy . . . maybe Ecklie finding out? A case that gets messed up when their relationship comes to light? I don't think we are gonna see a lot of the same angst we have over the last six years. I think we might see this relationship used a way to develop Grissom's character and justify his possible exit at the end of the year.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, you don't know what you're missing... and you should be grateful.

Agreed. And it's partially for a non-shipper reason: it interferes too much with the show's format. If Grissom and Sara, cliched as it is, get busted for dating by the big bosses or some lawyer, then it can be worked into the cases. They screwed up the cases because they hid it from everyone and didn't switch shifts to discuss it. Sara went on a few dates with Hank and suddenly him moving the bra was a "lover's gift". While Kristen Elizabeth's new fic is dwelling heavily on the personal aspect of what that could mean, I do think that they won't go quite so extreme a road. Perhaps just Ecklie telling them to keep it under wraps or something like that. The new and improved Ecklie really would be more likely to do that, as Miss Dee theororized with her scenario a while back.

Also agreed. The way they interacted in WTG pretty much said that whatever issues they had, while not necessarily perfect or over, because they're still them and we saw that they'd clearly had some kind of fight before Daddy's Little Girl even if it was over his treatment of Nick or something, while their issues aren't perfect, they have probably at least discussed them. So that topic is a little bit in the past. You notice that the only two people Sara really blew up at this year, one was breaking the law and the other was suggesting that Sara just move on when the evidence didn't give her everything she wanted on the first pass. Which, telling that to a work-a-holic is a little dangerous. lol.

But even then, we've seen Sara get *really* pissed. These were really tame compared to that.

Likewise, while Grissom still enjoys taking the piss out of Nick, there is more freedom being allowed to his team. Yes, WP just hasn't been there much this season, but at the same time when he IS there, again, it's still not "Grissom takes the lead and drops his wisdom now and then".

Which could come from being able to see that he's not the only person who can do this job, and doesn't always HAVE to be the one in charge.

Basically, they've both taken a chill pill.

Oh, that's happened to me. I WAS thinking about that, though. I mean, I'm fairly certain that WP doesn't sit on her looking through our posts going, "Gee, I really hope someone discusses my penis..." but at the same time, Jorja and a few producers and writers have admitted to checking boards, so... lol.

Yeah, we're perverts.

Typically I think our beautiful, talented and wonderful mod (hint-hint) would prefer us not to discuss the other ships in this thread. It really shouldn't be a competition (I'm not repromanding you, by the way, just my theory) because after all, what do we expect will happen when we reach, like, thread 50? The hot CSI of our choice will date us?

Our ship will become canon? Oh wait... lol.

Billy hasn't signed the new contract yet, but essentially what he's looking at is staying on with CSI most likely until the end, but only appearing in half of three-quarters of the episodes. And in the episodes he appears, he will be the lead, rather than the 5 second blur we saw in a couple of episodes last year. Which I would prefer.

10. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

wow.. did I miss something?

I just read most of the two new pages and was completely confused. Well, not completely, I laughed at the scenarios, then went back to being confused.

Here's my little scenario.

(The team are in the break room.)
    CATHERINE: Hey Sara, did you get a new jacket?
    SARA: Yeah, I found it in my drawer the other day.
    CATHERINE: It kinda looks like.. IT IS! Why are you wearing Grissom's jacket?
    SARA: (looks at Grissom)
    GRISSOM: Well, she got cold last night and asked to borrow my jacket.
    CATHERINE: You two had the night off last night...
    (Sara and Grissom run out of the room)

11. ziggystarduzt

Fabian's a boy!!! He's a very romantic boy, but a boy all the same :D

You know what, Sarah? I've just been chatting with Fallen, and it just so happens that she owns To Live and Die and is headed off RIGHT NOW to make me some screen caps, so just you wait.

I bet he does. If so? Mr. Petersen? I apologize if I am making you uncomfortable by digitally enhancing and enlarging a picture of your blurry penis in order to freak the crap out of my friend..

Just thank whatever God you believe in for that, Sara.

12. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

Thanks! Sometimes my competitive nature slips through . . cough . . .

If thread 50 meant I could date the hot CSI of my choice I would become Jabberjaw. <eek, did I just give away my age?>

Hmm, I wonder what is gonna happen with Billy/Grissom only in a few . . . maybe he retires to teach/write a book, and he comes on to consult on bug cases? That is actually perfect because then he could still be with Sara and all would be well in the land of Geek Love.

I know its dramatic and a little soapy, but is anyone else daydreaming of a marriage or a pregnancy? Assuming its done tastefully? Maybe the pregnancy is a stretch, but still . . . maybe I'm too traditional a romantic!

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm definitely not a traditional romantic in the "I watched the notebook 37 times" way. I really love the idea of being with someone forever, of really understanding one-another and so on and so forth, but I think that a pregnancy plot at this stage in both of their ages and career just wouldn't make sense. Forget what show it is, I just mean for these two characters.

14. Lia

Lia Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

BAHAHAHA.
    Well I'm 14. ROFL.

Beat that :p

15. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I'd like a marriage, but I agree, I think pregnancy is a little bit stretched...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.