If You Were A CSI, What Would You Have "Issues" With?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ThumpyG42, Jun 1, 2005.

1. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

I'd get used to it after a while, but I'd still have problems with bugs and maggots 'on' and 'in' peoples' bodies. The rat crawling out of the mouth? That would be disgusting, that would make me want to vomit profusely (check and make sure there isn't anything alive in there). but--I'd eventually get used to it. I'd be the one in the coroner's office when no one was around picking up the arm and letting it fall back onto the table. LOL. Just kidding. Well...? Maybe just once.

2. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

After I got over the smell, I think I could be okay with most things. However, I think it would take quite a while for me to get over the smell. I'm going to have to learn considering that I'm going to study forensic pathology in college...

Oh! I know what would completely freak me out! Seeing a body and then having something like a rat or a tapeworm come out of it's mouth. Oh gosh! That would just completely creep me out!

3. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

The only physical thing that would bother me would be, well two things actually, or three, if you really want specifics:

Spit. I hate saliva.
    Eyeballs. I can barely put in my contacts, or put on mascara. I hate eye injuries.
    Hair. Off the head...hair grosses me the heck out.

Other than those three things, I think the sexual assaults would bother me at first, since I am a woman. I have this really kick ass habit of detaching myself emotionally from things though, so that could be more of my "issue," NOT being able to connect with the victims and their families. I actually want to be a coroner. Death and dead bodies, no matter the state of decomp, not a problem for me. I actually stop and inspect the roadkill when I'm out running. :p

4. Guest

Guest Guest

bugs and bodies would freak me out. ( one the left hand side of the page it gives you showtimes for csi csi miami and cis new york what channel are those on cbs?)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I also tend to be pretty emotionless sometimes, so I might have trouble with victims, but when I want to be empathetic I can usually feel for people and connect well with them. I'm weird that way :p

And I also inspect roadkill. In fact, I play with it. My friend and I found a solidified gopher and I grossed her out by snapping it's spine. Repeatedly. Then leaving it on a low branch so people walking by would brush the branch and it would fall on them :devil:

6. lament

lament Captain

-BUGS!! (Sorry, Grissom)

-The smell of decomp.

7. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

Whoa!! Scarying me!! :eek:

8. ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM

ILUVNICKANDGRISSOM Rookie

I know I would not be able to stand being in an autopsy room, I'd barf everywhere.

9. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

i would hate the smell of the dead bodies, if it smells anything like a dicected rat, then :eek: lol

10. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

Im kinda like Sara. Saliva grosses me out sometimes.

11. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

blood and the smell and sight of decomposing bodies

12. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

Nothing really bothers me ...which is really sad and not too good in some cases.

13. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

In my world, anything with more than four legs, just isn't right. The eight legged variety sends me around the bend. Grissom would SO fire my arse! Blood. Ugh! **thud** (dr.'s kids are NOT always like them) Pungent odours *hurl*.... Well, I guess I won't be changing careers anytime soon.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

You know, after thinking about it for a bit... my real "issue" would be having someone looking over my shoulder making sure I don't screw up! lol I'm one of those people who can't stand being watched. I could deal with the blood/smells/fluids/organs/bugs.. as long as I could do it without being watched :D

15. ilovgeorge

ilovgeorge Rookie

you know the episodes where nick and sara get that body that was in a bag and sara meets hank for the first time well anyway sara looks at the body and it really smells then she smells and the only she can get the smell off her is too use lemons am alergic to lemons so i would stink for ever, so i couldnt do that