What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I'm reading the first part of my MA thesis now :p I don't consider it to be interesting anymore though :(

2. Guest

Guest Guest

A MAD Magazine.

3. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Well, that's tought to say. Koontz has fantastic plots but might need an aquired taste for the style of his writing- it's not like Shakespeare or anything but he's still a fantastic author. :D His style is like Stephen King but more descriptive and less detail...if you know what I mean. :p

Go England!

4. wibble

wibble Corpse

Thanks kazzy, sounds like I should give him a whirl :)

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

"The Grapes of Wrath" it's very sad...

6. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

I read times again my favourite book all the time.

* A Time To Kill * by John Grisham :)

7. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

About Koontz- I read one of his.. I believe it was called False Memory and it creeped me out beyond all belief. The very premise was absolutely nauseating, and it was really difficult to read. I can't say I enjoyed it, simply because of the subject matter, but I would say that he can certainly write and i'd give him another chance.

Oh, and Lia, I just picked up Flowers for Algernon too! I'm going to read it once I'm finished with Beloved, which is fantastic so far.

As for topics- I'm into fiction and literature, socio-political studies, non-fiction musings and studies, poetry, and a whole bunch of hard to classify stuff. I don't really care for sci-fi or fantasy.

8. AmeliaPeabody

AmeliaPeabody Dead on Arrival

I am currently reading Pacific Vortex by Clive Cussler. Starting the Dirk Pitt series over again, which I do about once or twice a year. Next I anticipate rereading the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters.

I also am working my way through War and Peace and I need to finish Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles. I'm a big reader:)

9. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I just finished "Perks on Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. It only takes a few hours to read (took me two because I was also listening to a mix CD of all my favorite Green Day songs so naturally I had to sing all my favorite lines at the top of my voice. Anyways (I swear I don't mean to go off on tangents) it is a really excellent book, everyone should take a few hours to read it. It's worth it.

sort of OT: Why do the schools always assign boring books for us to read? I mean "Ellen Foster" come on. it is about a centimeter thick and I couldn't finnish it. It was just that boring.

10. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

Wibble Koontz is a really good writer. I've read a bunch of his books.

carlz31 any of the Ludlum books are good. I've read most of his. If you like the Bourne set, another great set is the Covert One Novels. " The Hades Factor" is really good.

Miss Undercover I love anything by Grisham. I have most of his books in my library.

As for me I like a little bit of everything from Danielle Steele to Tom Clancy. Jeffrey Deaver to Thomas Harris.

I'm currently stuck between " Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. I finished "The Da Vinci Code " a bit ago and wanted to try another of his novels. I also have "The Twelfth Card" by Jeffrey Deaver. It's the latest in his Lincoln Rhyme set.

Take Care,
    Dayna

11. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Currently finishing Brief Lives by Neil Gaiman.

Funniest volume so far :)

12. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

The Blindfold Eyes, the story of Sister Dianna Ortiz when she was tortured in Guatamala in the 1980's. Very intense. Certainly not bedtime reading.

13. Fool4love

Fool4love Police Officer

I'm reading Just Another Kid by Torey Hayden. I've already read some of her other books, and even though this one follows a similar pattern of events, it is still a good read.

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I'm reading a CSI book. I don't know its title. LOL *runs to look it up*

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I've just started reading a CSI book too. It's pretty good so far. I'm reading the latest one published. I finished my book The Bakers Apprentice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.