David Rambo Would Like To See Sara's Mom

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 2, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI writer <font color=yellow>David Rambo</font> recently answered a few questions for the website Your Tax Dollars At Work in which he shared his expectations about the upcoming season of the show.

Rambo claimed ignorance regarding more revelations concerning Sara's past, but the writer would especially love to see the appearance of a Sidle family member. "I’d love to see her mother today, years after her crime and court-ordered treatment. I do think Sara and her mother must be close – twin survivors of a nightmare, but I doubt if they ever talk about the killing of Sara’s father..."

The writer revealed he would also like to see is a real-time episode (akin to 24's format). But he admitted, the format would have to undergo some changes. "If it’s something we could do, we’d have to find a way to do it that doesn’t imitate other shows which have done it," he revealed. "It would have to have the urgency of a live broadcast, and a heart-pounding story. My bias is always toward character exploration, so I’d like to see the real-time device enable us to go somewhere new in that regard rather than lab results."

Rambo spent years as a playwright before he joined CSI, which enabled him to polish his poetic side. Rambo's love for character exploration can best be appreciated through his vision of Grissom and Sara's relationship. "I think Grissom’s yearning for Sara is real – but the job, and his self-doubts always get in the way. Most crimes are committed between people who already have a close relationship. It would be impossible to spend every day investigating those relationships and not think about your own. I try to depict this obliquely, rather than head-on, which I think is more interesting and involving for the viewer."

To read the rest of the interview, in which Rambo reveals more about the characters' psyches, visit Your Tax Dollars At Work.<center></center>

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh God, no... No more Grissom and Sara please! They need to find her someone new. I wish they'd stop messing around with relationships between the main characters.

But that's just me! ;)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd rather they let Sara move on from Grissom. The relationship isn't healthy. She needs someone who will actually be there for her and who isn't afraid of his feelings.

I would like to see her mom, too. Would be interesting to see how she would handle it and if it will bring her any closure.

4. Isaboe

Isaboe Victim

Eh. We were supposed to see Grissoms mom after TAIE but that never happened. Cat's mother was a waste of time and Nicks parents weren't onscreen long enough to form an opinion. I want the crime and the science. I don't want character's family members showing up all the time.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I'm with you^^^. Let's focus on the characters here and now. We know Sara's screwed up over her past, and she was seemingly dealing with it pretty well I thought, after her PEAP counselling and stuff but then... I don't know. I'm all for closure, but I'm seriously getting over them dwelling on this, especially when we don't know as much about some of the others. Warrick is still a mystery, and I'd like to know some more about Greg. Even Grissom is still an enigma, and Nick's going to potentially have a lot on his mind in season 6, so...

Can't we move on, keep it interesting?

6. TTHipFreak

TTHipFreak Coroner

I too, would like to know more about Warrick and Greg. I am starting to think they live in their cars behind CSI headquarters. TPTB showed us where the rest of them live... As much as I hate it; I think Grissom's going to remain an enigma. Poor Nicky, I'm sure his shrink must love him. (If he has one.)

7. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

I wouldn't mind meeting a CSI's parents or siblings, but only if they have something do to with the case, like in GD. It was a bummer there wasn't more than a few seconds of the Stokes. Cath's mom in WW was a little unnecessary, as I had no idea why she was even there in the first place. Just don't add characters for the sake of showing them to everyone, give them a reason for being there.

8. Synergy

Synergy Lab Technician

I think GSR should be for gun shot residue. I think the word 'never' should be especially invented for the Grissom/Sara relationship.

Ugh. Grissom/Sara - heaven forbid!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It's nice to see one of TPTB validate that what a lot of us see does actually exist - that Grissom's yearning for her is real - whether people like it or not. I for one love the Gil/Sara dynamic and I'm glad Mr. Rambo enjoys writing it, he certainly writes it well. :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Well - I personally like the relationship btw Grissom and Sara, not that I want to see this show turn into a soap opera.

AND I like David Rambo's episodes. Interesting interview.

11. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

LABRAT, you hit the nail right on the head. I was equally disappointed that they didn't show enough of Nick's parents, I thought there would be more of Mr. and Mrs. Stokes and I was disappointed that there wasn't. As for Weeping Willow, I agree, in fact there was too much of Catherine's mother. As for season 6, please bring back Nick's parents, and also Sara, it would be nice to see what her mother is like. (even though we can all guess.)

12. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

I didn´t like the way they wrote in Cath´s mum and I think we´ve seen far too much of Cath´s personal (slash sex-) life considering the other characters are shortchanged.

It´s getting extremely unrealistic and tiresome to have every single suspect somehow involved or connected with Cath (Eddie, the construction worker, her old mentor, the nightclub owner, Sam Braun (already 4 eps!), Mr Helgenberger etc etc). And then Lindsey and reminders of Lindsey in every second ep. Just give it a rest already.

Ok Grissom had the (really bad) hearingloss storyline and Warricks gambling got too dragged out. Nick had the ridiculous hooker thing and Sara the stupid almost-DUI. I realize these were no hits. But it´s a fraction of Cath´s and as long as tptb tighten the storylines up I think they could and should have some more (realistic and wellwritten) personal stuff.
    For example I liked the Sara/Hank story and also Nick´s parents showing up.

I would love to see Sara´s mum since I think that´s a potentially awesome storyline. Is she now a hardened criminal or just craaazy...?
    She could show up as a suspect or a corpse.

I would also like to see something for Greg S6.

13. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

While ill admit family appearances are not needed in most cases, i think there are times when such appearances intensify the story. For example, Nick's parents were needed in GD. They made it that much more real, both for the characters and the audience. I think there is still a lot to tell with Sara. She obviously hasnt found peace regarding her past. I think it would be great for her mother to show up in town and relate to a crime scene somehow (not as a suspect--a witness perhaps?). We can see Sara try to keep a level head as always, and maybe get some closure by the time her mom leaves. If Sara is ever going to be happy she needs to get past it, and i think it is important for the audience to see that character development. JMO though.

I also think we need to see Grandma Brown. She must be a big part of Warrick's life and could maybe enhance the character a little.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I laughed when I read this and some other parts of the interview. Clearly, someone has been following the discussions on the GSR sites and fed this stuff to Rambo so he could feed it right back to them. More bait to keep the hook in deep - TPTB will do anything to keep the viewer numbers up. :lol:
    obi-jan

15. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

LOL ollieuan Grandma Brown would be AWESOME! And he so deserves a storyline- anything.

Oh yeah I def. don´t want the GSR anymore, I wish they´d stop beating that dead horse. Close it early S6 with no hope for revival.