"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Re: editing mistakes -and questions (yes I'm thinking too much)

Well, we're not entirely sure, but I'm sure the medics cleaned him up a bit before they put him in the ambulance. Maybe they did some work in him at the scene, but I don't think the technicians want all that dirt in thier ambulance. If it was easy to clean off, I'm sure they did.

Good thought, from what I could tell, (that secne was sooo dark on my TV, I couldn't really see much of the truck or Nicky) if he turned and put his back against the wall, one he wouldn't have been able to reach the opening to get in a good kick, cuz who knows if the kidnapper had a gun or what, the surprise would be Nick's advantage. And two, it seemed that he'd have to turn almost sideways to back up against the wall and still get off a good kick, and I don't think having your hand tied behind your back would help the situation any.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Not to mention the fact that he just came out if being knocked out by ether, so I'm sure he was more than a little disoriented.

I mean, come on... when that hand with the ethered rag grabbed him from behind again, I jumped myself! I certainly wasn't expecting that either. I think he did what anybody would have done in that situation, and possibly more than others would have thought to do.

3. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Lol, I jumped too. Good points Baba.

It would be hard to criticize or point out things that Nick should have done in that situation. You can only speculate, unless you've actually had to do that yourself, and I don't think anyone here has. Sure there's the general idea, but each incident would be differnt.

The thing that really bugged me was my mom. After Nick flipped out when he heard the tape inside the box, at the commercial she sighed and said, "He needs to calm down and think. He's gotta use his CSI skills to figure out how to get out."

Now I guess you can only imagine my look of complete shock on my face when she said this. I couldn't believe it. I'd like to see her be calm and collected when you find out you're buried in a box in the ground. I just got so angry with her... :mad:

4. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Re: staying calm underground

Lol. My mom was just watching quietly, while me and my friends yelled things like "OH NO!" and "HE'S UNDER THE DOG, HE'S UNDER THE DOG!".

But anyway, I agree. If I was buried I would start panicking! I wouldn't be able stay calm or use any of my skills.

Now that I think about it, if I was in Nick's position; I would go to sleep. Isn't your breathing supposed to slow down when you're asleep?

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Actually, that's pretty cute! She must watch the show regularly, if she expects him to use his skills! That's hillarious! :lol:

6. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

:lol: Yeah, I addicted her to CSI. It's pretty funny when she comes in and goes "I've seen this one already!" and then stays and watches anyway.

I dunno, her comment then just seemed a little insensitive at the time. Maybe because I was worried for Nick or I was already analyzing the crap out of it myself. But it seemed she wanted him to pull a McGyver or something...

7. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I watched in muted shock...with a pilow and a stiff drink.

As far as sleeping..I don't think there would be anyway that Nick or anyone in that situation would be able to sleep.

Not that easy when you know there is little to no chance that some one might find you...its got to be very hot, cramped and calusaphobic inside there.

Kristen

8. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

If I was in that coffin now that I think about it (again..), I would go crazy not being able to move around at all. I need my space and a little coffin like that limits to maybe a centimetre of movement.

As for not being able to sleep, you could eventually. The lack of air would make you drowsy.

9. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

However from the episode there wasn't a lack of air, because he had an additional source. Even though, he would have gotten drowsy, because of Hypoxy. (Breathing in too much carbon dioxide.) I doubt his air was fresh and they're was probably too much CO2 in his coffin so that would've made him tired. Eventually he would've suffocated if the outside air source did fail.

10. soapsfan123

soapsfan123 Hit and Run

Labrat - that's interesting about your Mom's comment and eventually Nick did calm down and use his CSI skills. Smart enough to block his ears when he shot the light our - or even figuring out the light and air were running on the same source.

Reebie - I think at one point he looked like he was trying to sleep or relax - when his parents watched him on the screen, he had his eyes covered with his arm.

I would think having that light go on/off every couple minutes would be tortue enough.

11. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

You know my husband made the comment that the light going on and off was the equivelent of Chinese water torture. (Now that is torture! Did it in college for rush week.....)

12. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Ouch Minnie. *shudders at the thought of college initiation*

You guys make good points about my mom's comment, but I just can't seem to think that it was anything other than insensitive. Maybe it was the way she said it that I can't quite dupicate here, but it was just so, ugh, I dunno. It was kind of a "OK, let me stick you in a box and see how you would fair" moment...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

carabeaner ??

What was the device/word Grissom asked to get to pull Nick out of the coffin.. Carbeener (sp) ???

14. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

Re: carabeaner ??

Carabiner. Mountain climbers, skiiers, rescue ops ect. use them to connect ropes to laithes and hooks so you don't fall off the mountain, cliff, ect. They come in many shapes and forms, from the common oval or "D" (quick clip or screw) to even sqaure and triangle. (screw) I use them when I go skiing to tie on to back-country rope tows and the such also to carry extra gear, they're really strong little devices. (If you want to know what they look like go to www.rei.com if you're in the U.S. or www.mec.ca if your in Canada and type in search word CARABINER.) Hope this helps.

15. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

Re: carabeaner ??

I carry my keys on a carabiner, I have for many years now. It's handy cuz I hate carrying a purse so I can just clip my keys to my belt loops. It's interesting the many uses of something so small and simple.