Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by KiraGrissom, Oct 18, 2005.

1. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Looks around for TPTB, please take the command above to heart. Now this smart woman knows what chemistry is in a show.

I think everyone needs a lesson in Chemistry(since the OCC ending).

Let's define the word shall we?

Physical Chemistry-(actual definition) Anything interesting.

Chemistry is a core piece in any relationship. How can two people possible make a go of a being together if there is nothing to spark romance. Gil and Sofia have this very important aurora that surrounds them the minute they step into a room together. They don't need to be touching each other. All they gotta do is look at one another and the magnetism is evident between them. Now that is SEXY!

Viva Gofia Baby!

2. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

While I got a rare minute and it is now summer, I will pose this question for all Gilbert/Sofia shippers: describe a weekend get-away these two would do and part two, describe a week long vacation. Gotta name the place, activities and if this is if money don't matter trip or what public servants could afford. Go!

Viva Gofia Baby cause we can!

3. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Weekend Get-Away Gilbert/Sofia (Inspired by one of my own weekend trips :))

Pricing: Public Servants can afford this trip.

Great Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg Tennessee:

Gatlinburg is located in a narrow valley at the foot of the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. It was, and still is, a funnel for people driving coast to coast and for hordes of vacationing tourists from everywhere.

Lodging:

Dream on the Stream Chalet.

[​IMG]

This is a beautiful historical log cabin style cottage. It has a romantic master bedroom that opens to a wooded backyard with large hot tub and Sauna-for-2 by a rushing mountain stream. Also for enjoyment are a pool table, 2 TVs, DVD player, and a Jukebox for hours of fun. Plus, a lovely archway by the stream, that is decorated with flowers and is perfect for weddings or place to renew vows.

Never hurts to get ideas rolling around in their heads while they are having fun. This is so great for the evenings after a long day of hiking and shopping. They can soak in the hottub and sip wine or champagne and enjoy the incredible view in each other's arms.

Activities:

Gatlinburg offers something for both of these. Sofia, the active one of this couple will love all the hiking trail. In return, Gil benefits from getting to enjoy the nature of the surroundings.

Hiking:

Clingman's Dome: Sofia's speed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rising 6,643 feet above the Great Smoky Mountains, it is the highest point along the Appalachian Trail and provides a 360º view of the surrounding mountains. From it's 54 foot observation tower the average viewing distance is about 22 miles, but on a clear pollution free day, views can amplify as far as 100 miles into 7 states.

Cades Cove: Gil's speed

The eleven-mile loop road through Cades Cove follows many of the grades and turns of the old wagon roads, fording a stream now and then. Along the way you are likely to see wildlife: deer and wild turkey year-round; lots of groundhogs in the summer.

Forbidden Caverns: Romantic (lighting, close quarters in the cave)

One of America's Great Natural Attractions
    Towering Natural Chimneys
    A Crystal Clear Stream
    Trails are Well Lighted
    1 Hour Walking Tour
    Sparkling Formations
    Grottos

Ripley's Aquarium

Sky Lift Downtown Gatlinburg :

Number one scenic overlook!

Shopping:

Downtown Gatlinburg provides hours of unique shopping.

"The Village". Here you will find a collection of 27 unique shops and eateries set in a quaint European village atmosphere.

[​IMG]

"Mountain Mall". We're not your average mall.Our indoor, climate-controlled shopping center features 38 shops each with a unique theme.

"Baskins Square Mall". Guinness World Records Museum, Mountain Woodcarvers, Little Sparrow Gallery, Scents of Gatlinburg, Terri Waters Gallery, The Lollipop Guild, and many more.

Dining:

Perfect Breakfast Place

The Donut Friar
    Delicious donuts, pastries, and cinnamon bread made fresh daily. Exceptional cappuccino, Lattés and expresso. Open 5:00 a.m.

Great for Lunch or Dinner

Bear Creek Grill
    Situated over a running creek and backing up against the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Bear Creek Grill surrounds you in the natural beauty of this area.

Viva Gofia Vacation Time, Baby!

4. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

I’ve been a bad shipper. Bad! *slaps own hand* But I come bearing a gift and begging forgiveness. Viva Gofia

A Gofia vacation, eh? Let me give it a shot.

They’d be staying at Shawnee Village located right off the Delaware River in the heart of the breath-taking Pocono Mounts of Pennsylvania.
    [​IMG]

During their stay, which could be either a weekend or two full-weeks, they’d be able to participate in activities ranging from horseback riding, hiking, and fishing to skiing, golf, and tennis. Not to mention a whole slew of other activities like shopping and site-seeing; if they left their cozy two bedroom villa that is.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They’d dine either in the comfort of the villa’s dining room or at one of the many rustic and spirited local restaurants ranging from fun and laid-back to charming and romantic.
    [​IMG]
    And as for the cost? Entirely civil servant friendly at a mere $99 mid-week two day stay, or $149 with a weekend check in and $729 for the full two weeks.

5. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Wow what great get-a-ways you guys have written and complete with pics. Poconos, ha they still have those heart-shaped beds?

Soon as I have the extra time, I'll of course do a weekend in Chicago complete with Cubs game. We know Gil loves baseball and Sofia is the type of woman that would enjoy any sports (especailly when the guys wear white pants and get them wet, ha ha ha).

6. alwayswrite05

Heart-shaped beds? Lol, I dunno about that. The villa we stayed in was strictly PG. Ya know, don't wanna horrify the kiddies ;).

And you're right. It does seem like Sofia would be a bit of a sports fan. She's kinda rough and tumble while still being feminine and ya gotta love somebody who looks great in an evening gown or an oversized jersey.

Question, though, I’m sorta new to this ship and I can’t remember if Sofia is a Vegas native. I'm thinking she is, but I'm not sure. Is she?

OT: Go Cubs! W: 12-8. Now let’s hope they sweep :D.

7. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

OT: man o'man those Cubs hit the skids early this year, oh well what else is new. Wait until next year, ha.

Back in the 80's I remember that was the in place to go because of the heart-shaped beds or tubs.

At first I did not think Sofia was a native of Vegas, but now I'm thinking she could be only because she said in Bullet that she was NOT allowed to talk to her mom who is a captain. If mom lived in another city then I would think it would have been okay, but the way she said "Maybe I should talk to my mom, oh wait she is a cop too" gave me the impression she was a Vegas cop. Wonder if dad was a cop too?

Gil & Sofia walking in the moonlight .

8. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Good question about maybe her dad being a cop. If he wasn't a cop, maybe he was in one of the military branches. Sofia learned a love for civil war history from him.

The heart-shaped beds still exist in the Pocono's. Along with pools and tubs in the rooms. Quite interesting. Guess the fad still lives, ha.

Hey this is not a heart-shaped bed but it is Gil and Sofia checking out a bed. Close enough for me.

[​IMG]
    How cozy, a twin bed!

9. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

Well, I don't have any pictures :( but....

For a weekend trip they could rent a Harley Davidson, ride along the beaches of California. Then at night they could camp under the stars. Gil could recite Shakespeare to Sofia and Sofia could teach Gil how to ride a Harley face to face. :devil: :D

10. AR_WLPfan

AR_WLPfan Hit and Run

Okay, I'm a devote GSR shipper and feel guilty about this, but I saw this and couldn't let it go. When you guys get to it you're next thread could be called This Little Guy's Lost his Way, Grissom says it to Sofia in way to go.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The GSR community forigves you because that's just too funny.

I saw some cute Gofia moments in Way to Go, with the bonding over the historical sites and so forth.

12. alwayswrite05

So, we're going with Sofia as a native then? That works. Thanks Tazzer. I'm just doing a little research...

Hey, umbrello that Harley ride sounds like a great way to end a Gofia vacation if you ask me. A bike between his legs, a hot chick facing him, and the hot California sun making miniscule clothing a necessity? What more could Gil ask for? :devil:

13. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

*picks self up off the floor* When your gonna write hot stuff that leaves that kind of image, give warning. :devil: :lol:

[​IMG]
    Can't go wrong with pictures. This is so cute. Number one, I love the smirk on Sofia's face knowing he is right to the side of her close proximity. Number Two, I swear it looks like he is taking a whiff of her perfume or soap. He just has that hmmmmmmm....look on his face. :p

14. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Just wanted to let you Gofia Lovers know that I have found a private forum where we can talk about our favorite couple, Gil & Sofia in peace.
    If interested please contact me for the secret password, otherwise later gater.

[​IMG]

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

*BUMP* I had to give this thread a much needed boost. Season Seven has started off with a bang in my opinon. I was glad to see Sofia and Gil are still getting time together. They just have that spark and I love shipping these two. Thought I would wake things up with a favorite pic of mine from "Built To Kill Part 1". Hope to see some old and new Gofia shippers join me in having some fun!

[​IMG]