Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by glam_chic86, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ooo... CDC :D I can list all stuff for you about our country :p

And BG... it seems you had been in north. Reindeers are so annoying in springtime because you really cannot tell 'em seperate for dirty snow and then you just realise there's reindeers.

....so you weren't in one of those 10 Dutch cars I saw today?

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

It's BC btw ;)

Hehe I did a tour above the artic circle (finland, sweden & norway) last summer.. I have been in the southern/middle parts of norway and sweden many times before... I must say I like the Finish landscape the most. more water than sweden and I like the kind of trees more than in norway. Norway is pretty rough on its scenery...

I will deffinitly go back to finland for a longer holiday there and make a large tour!

And we rented a car in Kitilla drove around and brought the car back in kitilla again... hehe. It was pretty funny because we made a rest stop in finland at one point and an older man walked upon us and started to talk finish (I presume) , we had finish license plates for that matter... and we started to talk english back like, "sorry, I'm not finnish, do you speak english... oder deutch?" but no response... hehe that was pretty silly haha after that he started to talk a complete storie to me but I have no idea at all what he said... Haha and I have a picture of the tv on one of the accomodations there with tv and H and Calleigh on it... thank god you guys have subtitles! It was great to watch CSI: Miami there haha

the route we drove...

[​IMG]

edit: haha I really had to get used to the fact it didn't get dark there in the middle of the summer hahaha that does weerid things with my feeling of time... I sometimes looked at my watch and it was 2am while totally light outside in the sun... I had to kick myself into my bed each damn day! Just like I'm gonna do right now! *kick*

edit 2: not yet to bed... hehe I really disliked the reindeers all over and the sheep in norway! Haha they don't move for passing cars. I've had to hit the break very hard a lot of times hahaha. I really got spooked a few timer there!

no really of to bed... one minute passed midnight here

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I see that a quite a few of you will be travelling to Greece so. If you want some advice on places to travel to when you're there let me know and I'll help you out :).

4. Ducky

*cough*
    BC... of course. Stupid brain mixes often G and C when tired because my language really doesn't have those letters :(

Ah yes, oldery people usually don't speak any other language, esp in rural areas. One German salesman was driving around here and he drove to our yard and asked "Do you speak English" I said "yeah" and he sighed in relief :lol:
    I live on west coast, about some 200km south from Oulu. This is the place that is flat like a pancake :p

Reindeer. They can just lay down middle of the road and just look at your car and refuse to move.

And thank god for the subtitles :eek: They've sometimes tested dubbing and it makes me cry. It's horrible!

Midnight sun. But it's pretty. I think to kazzy I introduced the lightness on our backyard thru webcam around 2am. It's not that bad if you have good curtains. It's lovely to be on a cottage by the sea or lake and wonder what direction sun is going.

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Everybody seems to be mistaken BlueCurl for BlueGirl! Especially when I say it out loud... it is also a part of my website url for my weblog...

I have noticed that just a few people in the northern part speak english. But I got what I wanted with hand signs and body language every know and then!

I'm really planning to make a large tour through Finland.. When... I don't know yet but I might ring your doorbell!

Reindeer! I stayed at some small kind of back packs hostels as well and they usually had reindeer on the menu! So I kinda ate a lot of reindeer I must say... And after I week just eating that I was glad to eat something else... I even considered to eat fish while I'm not a real fish fan...

There where two hotels/motels were the curtain really suck. And I am not used to sleep with sunlight haha! But it actually made it fun in some way.. And when I was at the Nordkapp in Norway the almost sunset and sunrise were very very beautiful!

Uhuh I'm glad we use subtitles here in Holland too. They can dub one epi here just so I cab laugh some! I actually think subs are anoying... meybe because I never read them when it is some english serie or movie... I looked back to that pic. It was Losing Face... "Viisi min**ttia eikä mitään tehty. Pitkä... " that is what I can read of the pic...

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I can't believe (no I am in the right thread :p) that I'm not going to Ireland this summer :(

However, this year (schoolyear of 2006-2007) I'd love to do the following:

-Spain :p Haven't been there yet! And well, since now I have a friend who'd love to show me around there, I'd gladly take the invitation!!
    -Wildcamping in Ireland (which me and a friend decided to do years ago but never got to it)
    -Traveling through Ireland with the same friend who's going to show me Spain, because she's never been to Ireland and I'll show her around there.
    -Prague (many times since my parents have an appartment there)

I might even go on a gametour with some friends, but only if they need an extra person. It's like that MTV show of which I can't remember the name (but I think it was only broadcasted in the NL). It's a hitchhiking game.. so you're only allowed to hitchhike. In this case, we'll start off in the same country and will have the same destination.. work in pairs and the first pair to reach the destination wins. And of course, try and spend as little money as possible :p Probably it's going to be the south of France and then stay there for a week to celebrate holidays :D

7. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

that MTV program is called "the trip"

8. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

^that was it :D Thanks!

9. Ducky

"Viisi minuuttia - -"
    Heee... I just don't remember scene where they'd use such a line :p

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

yw. currently the german version is on... because of the World Cup

let's see if I can find the scene and translate it for myself out of english...

edit: it's not losing face. calleigh is saying it and she has a short hair at front... that is deffinitly not the first season hehe...

edit 2:
    the subs represent one of the following words!
    "Viisi minuuttia eikä mitään tehty. Pitkä ai*(*)...."
    "Five minutes and nobody didn't do anything. that is a long time"

edit3:
    2.11 Comlpications.. hehe it was taken on 24th of July 2005 at 22:55 local time from mtv3.

11. Ducky

"Viisi minuuttia eikä mitään tehty. Pitkä ai*(*).

It's "pitkä aika" :p
    Ah yes, sounds familiar. When on MTV3, it started 22:35 :)
    But this is going off topic.

I've always wanted to go Norway to fish. Would be so cool. Me likes fishing.

12. CSIri

CSIri Captain

You can come fish with me sometime, Sanna. :D

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I go to norway to make pictures! As can be seen in the last pic. These are all made in Norway!

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I've been to:

Mexico: (Of course) I been to a lot of places in here.

Spain: I went to Madrid, Barcelona and Zaragoza and a couple of small towns.

Switerland: I went to i think it was called Lucern or something like that dont remember but i remember the CHOCOLATE!!!

Italy: I went to Rome and Florence it was beautiful over there hopefully i will go again especially Rome.

I went to London on our way to Italy well the... aiport our plane was delayed :p

Here in the U.S i been to Miami, Orlando and Iowa. I want to go to Los Angeles soo bad! hopefully i'll go :cool:

15. CSIri

CSIri Captain

Very nice pictures :) I could tell those were from Norway.