Mac #2 - Squeeze My Hand

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by CathStokes, Jun 1, 2006.

1. binglexjells

binglexjells Police Officer

There's a two disc special edition avaliable over here. It seems odd that it'd be removed from shelves elsewhere, it was a pretty big hit, wasn't it? (I was only a wee small kid then, and movies like that weren't really my thing ;) )

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Reminds me of the caption contest..."go ahead, make my day!" lol.

I loved Apollo 13 because I'm a space nut in general, Mercury/Gemini/Apollo era especially. And Gary and the baby blue flight suit sure don't hurt any :D

I have my second copy of the tape now, our first copy died I think. I saw the DVD too, I rent 'em from the library for extras lol.

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I'm telling ya, there should be a Gary Marathon. :D

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Funny that you're all talking about the conflicting Gary stuff on other channels at the same time... this Saturday, when Apollo 13 is on Bravo, a rerun of CSI NY is on at the same time, on CBS, LOL. Why, oh why, do they insist on doing that?

Re: Midnight Clear, I have discovered that it's nearly impossible to find, even in the best video stores, in my area. If I want it, I think I'll have to order it online. (And a nekkid-in-snow and bath scene, both in one movie?!! Yikies! I think I might just have to own it...) :D

Did anyone catch the 3-hour AFI Most Inspirational Movies tonight on CBS? They did have Gary in (very) short clips, about 5 I think, talking about some of his fave movies. Of course, two of his made the cut, Apollo 13 and Forest Gump. Overall, the show was very good, I loved seeing clips of all those beautiful movies, I was in tears just watching the clips, some times. Of course, I wanted many, many more Gary interviews, but that was the Squeeing Fangirl in me surfacing... :p

5. CathStokes

Gotta love Gary. :D I always thought it would be funny if Tom Hanks did a guest role on NY.

6. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

I want John Malkovich on the show.

I can't decide whether he'll lock heads with Mac or be good friends or something (not that we've seen Mac have friends over). Wait, does Mac *have* friends? (Apart from Kimo and Carol Williams in the "band")

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

you're very welcome :D

8. CathStokes

Ranma, I'm not really sure. I would suppose so.

9. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

Well, that's one thing I'd like to see in S3, I s'pose. Him having friends. Just a mention, maybe.

10. binglexjells

I think I'm the only person who doesn't want to see that. In season one, Mac was a very private person and that flipped 180 in season two: he plays in a jazz club, he invites people to his office for pizza... these things just stuck me as so NOT Mac. And I admit, people change, but that was just... meh.

Maybe I just hate change.

11. Nim

Nim Pathologist

Yessss, cool! I'll be in UK this summer, so...Apollo 13, you'll be mine, hahahaha! :devil:

I watched few episodes of 2^season (not haired here yet), and Mac is totally different from 1^season. More smiles, less ties... :lol:

12. CathStokes

Bingle, I think he changed alot of the season, maybe more of a developement, I dunno, but your right, it didn't seem much like Mac.

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Well, think of how much Grissom changed from season 1 in the original CSI, to what he is now. Completely different, IMO. He's more closed in now, stuffier, less overtly emotional, etc. In S1 he got angry and showed it, he joked around, he flirted with women any chance he got, he mentioned to cath that he goes out to eat once in awhile (for calamari...sometimes with a beer, LOL). For some reason the writers decided to make many changes in Grissom, I think WP wanted him more "mysterious", from what I've read. So changing a character in CSI isn't unprecedented...

HOwever, at least with Mac, it wouldn't be "changing" as much, to me, as it would be "evolving". He finally laid to rest his grieving and demons re: Clair's death at the end of S1, so it makes sense he would lighten up a bit. Now he's faced down/laid to rest some of his demons from the painful experiences in the marines at the end of S2, so I would expect that would create some (more subtle) changes in him, for the lighter. Almost losing Flack, losing Aiden, that might make him step back and take another look at his own life, realistically. (Just as long as they NEVER take Pissy!Mac away from me, I'm fine with him cracking a few jokes, flirting with a few women, and oh yes, appearing sans tie, with more T-shirts, please! Or shirtless! :D) Seriously, whereas I saw Grissom's changes as rather bizarre and not making much sense, I see the much more subtle changes in Mac as entirely more realistic and almost expected. JMO...

OH, nearly forgot: I read over at GSC last night that the Season 2 dvds will be out in stores on Oct. 3! I personally love the cover art...I think all Mac Fans will also like it, LOL... let's just say it's a Whole Lotta Mac going on, on the cover (if it's indeed the final cover).

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*Nods* Yes on the tshirts and shirtless....just one addition: Shower scenes!

Cool on the DVDs...I want S1 for my birthday and hopefully S2 will be one of my Christmas presents. (the library only has regular CSI, darnit)

15. binglexjells

I agree, but I think such a huge change in his character so quickly is a little unrealistic. Mac seems to me to be the sort of person who is naturally very private and guarded, even without the weight of war memories, his wife dying, anything and everything else that happened.

CSI: Vegas really annoyed me with the character personality transplants, and as a consequence, that show isn't even in my top five anymore - which is sad, because at one point, I lived and breathed CSI, I didn't watch, read, write or even think about anything else.

I really hope NY doesn't fall to the same fate. :(