Poll Thread 2 - Which One?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Well the reason I refer to it as soccer is because the word football just reminds me too much of American Football, which is a totally different game :p Okay, I'll shut up now :D

2. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

See, I dunno why the Americans called it football if they use their hands for the majority of the time. The only time the feet are used in the game is when punting or field goals are involved. Why must it be so confusing :lol:.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

No, I'm not really into football much, I take a vague interest when my favourite team wins, but that's about it. :p

4. Guest

Guest Guest

hell id rather be injured. if you can handle giving birth you can handle anything.
    i hate being sick ugh yuk

5. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

that is a very good question and I have dunno why Americans need to call it soccer but the answer can probably be found with "Why we need to use ft. and inches?" and "Why we must use ferenheit" :rolleyes:

6. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

^ohhh I know this is a bit OT.. *avoids a flying Duck :p* but the use of Ft. is also in Ireland. And someone asked me how tall I was so I was like: "we don't have feet in the Netherlands" and he was like: "awww that's why you guys wear wooden shoes" :lol:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^:lol: :lol:

Yeah... life would be easier if people would go into metric system or used celcius.

8. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah! Let them know it's BLOODY FOOTBALL! It's been that way since the medieval times, hundred of years before American shittyballs were invented. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I thought you were really athletic too... :p

And yes, I love the WC! I look forward to it every 4 years! :D

9. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Thank you, we invented the game we get to name it!! And no self respecting English person would call the game Soccer :mad:

Anyway Hell yes, the World Cup is the best competition on earth for me I absolutely love it, football round the clock, what more could you want ;)

As for sick or injured, I'm injured all the time and it sucks, but I can still get on with stuff, I hate being sick, although the bonus of staying in bed is always good :)

10. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

When you live in America you don't call it football. That's an entirely different sport played with an oval shaped ball.

11. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

same in Aus, when someone says football, I think of NRL or AFL or Rugby Union, or Super 12...here, that is what is called football, and soccer is soccer...its just what its always been for me, and to start calling it football now would just confuse me because there are so many different damn types of football...

but this arguement is never going to be resolved...

12. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

omg that is the funniest thing I have heard all week :lol:. Was he serious? :lol:.

Oh and also being os completely off topic it is C.L.O.G.S. all summer long!!!! I just had my last class with her today and now I am free till summer!

sorry for the total [​IMG] -ness of that.

13. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

To your question I ask... Whats the World Cup? ;)

Nope, not oblivious. Just don't follow it or like it. But fans sure do, they're LOUD!

14. wibble

wibble Corpse

Ugh...this is a bit of a difficult one for me. See, I'll follow the England games, but that's it. I'm not interested in anything else to do with it.

On the Saturday just gone (10th June), I was staying in a hotel in Newcastle on my way back from holiday, and me and my friend were flicking through the TV channels before breakfast. We went through about a dozen channels and all of them were saying something about the World Cup. Even one channel had the weather forcast on, and the weatherman was saying 'now, the weather in Germany for England's first match should be hot and sunny', blah blah.

I nearly cried.

So yeah, I voted 'no, who cares?' :p

15. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Football or soccer geez...it's confusing but yeah I know football means a totally different sport in the US. Over here it's called football but there're many here who call it soccer too and on top of that, in our local language we call it 'bola sepak' = kick ball. So...you be the judge...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.