"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hestia, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I cannot afford to get behind! Yobling ficlet. Weird jokes. Alright, this is what I wrote, and I hope Sandles21 likes it. :D

They almost looked like a lovely couple with their daughter on a nice family outing. They even had the silly bickering down.
    “How about the tilt-a-whirl?”
    “Look at the line.”
    “Oh come on. If we rule out every ride with a long line, we might as well sit in the car.”
    “She’s got a point, Cath.”
    “Two against one. I see how it is.”
    Catherine let out a small laugh and consented to ride the bumper cars.
    “I used to love that ride as a kid,” she explained.

Warrick and Catherine wanted to check out the amusement park which would serve as a nice, fun date. However, Lindsey’s babysitter cancelled at the last moment and the little girl quickly became part of the plan.
    Warrick didn’t mind, and even though she was glad he said it, she still hoped Lindsey would behave. So far things were going smoothly.

“No more rides, Lindsey. I’m tired and it’s getting late.”
    “Okay. How about the arcade? They have seats for you to rest and I want to win a stuffed bear or something!”
    She consented and they walked towards the arcade.

Lindsey made a beeline for the whack-a-mole game, while the pair sat down nearby to relax. Catherine was tired, but not necessarily from the rides. The long lines took it’s toll on her feet.
    “Remind me to wear sneakers next time we come here.”
    He chuckled lightly and promised to do so.
    “I’m having a nice time.”
    Warrick smiled warmly at her, “So am I.”
    “I’m sorry about Lindsey-”
    “Don’t be. I’m glad she came with us. If I want to be part of your life, I’d like to get to know her even more.”
    Catherine was practically swooning.
    ‘Nothing can ruin this moment…’

“I can’t believe I had to pay 50 tickets for this stupid joke book!”
    The two adults turned to see the young blonde stomp over to them. She was holding a thin paper back book. Catherine was a little cross that she ‘ruined the moment’ but Warrick didn’t seem fazed.
    “Sounds like you got ripped off,” Warrick looked amused.
    Lindsey just shrugged and read a few random jokes out loud.
    “Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic and so am I. What the hell?”
    “You don’t get it?”
    “I get it. It’s just weird. And stupid.”
    “What else is in there,” he gave his attention to the teenager.
    What goes up and down and all around?
    “A roller coaster?”
    A drunk mosquito!”
    Warrick let out a short laugh, “Okay, that is pretty dumb.”
    Catherine got up, “I think I’m going to get some iced tea.”
    Warrick just nodded, and kept listening to her daughter read her joke book.

At the counter, the cashier struck up a conversation.
    “Is that your daughter? She’s cute.”
    “Yeah,” Catherine gave the woman a smile, and a ten dollar bill.
    “You’re husband doesn’t look so bad himself,” she winked.
    “Husband? No,” Catherine was quick to clarify, “He’s my boyfriend. Not my husband.”
    “Oh. Wish I had a guy like that.”
    Catherine was tempted to roll her eyes. Warrick was definitely a looker, so she knew that women always gave him a second look. She just didn’t expect a woman to tell her outright.
    “Normally guys don’t date women with kids. I should know. But he seems to be getting along perfectly with your little girl.”
    The CSI didn’t expect to hear that. Her instincts were off, and as she watched the two laugh and joke around, she realized the man she was with was truly one in a million. She had no right to be mad at Lindsey for tagging along on their ‘date.’
    “Ma’am?”
    She snapped to attention, turning to the cashier.
    “Your change, and your iced tea.”
    “Oh. Thank you.”
    “No problem.”

Catherine joined the two at the table feeling cheerful again.
    “... and the cannibal said, ‘Does this taste funny to you?’
    “Oh yes, the dead clown joke. Classic,” Catherine spoke up.
    “Yup. By the way, Warrick wanted to go on one last ride with you.”
    He looked a little embarrassed.
    Another ride?” she sighed and sipped her drink, “Okay, Which one?”
    “The tunnel of love,” Lindsey made silly ‘kissy faces’ and giggled.

Catherine decided to rethink her no more rides promise.

Not exactly weird jokes. More like lame jokes. :lol: I actually made up the 'drunk mosquito' joke myself, so you know it's dumb! I'm gonna tackle a sandle ficlet suggested by GumDrops. I gotta get going!

2. maricejayo

maricejayo Witness

you make me love YoBling even more!
    I love you :)

3. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

This is a special request that I overlooked, (I am so sorry! :() An angsty snickers ficlet that reflects SaraSidleStokes’ R/P. Just so she’s not too mad, here’s a plug to the R/P: Angsty Snickers R/P So people, if you like snickers, please join it! :D Okay, first this, then the sandle ficlet. I promise! :)

It was two years, five weeks and four day since she left the Las Vegas lab.
    Now that she was coming back, she had no idea was she was going to say. They would have many questions. Especially about her daughter.

When she first found out she was expecting, Sara almost fainted.
    Two home pregnancies and a doctor’s confirmation later, made her come face to face with the fact the she was going to be a mother.
    It was an overbearing, stressful secret that nearly drove her to a break down.
    When she took that leave of absence she realized she needed some time to think things over and deal with the fact that her daughter would have no father.

No father… Sara smiled scornfully. Emily had a father, but he didn’t know. How could he know? Sara never even told him. He wasn’t there for Emily’s birth, her first steps, her first words.
    Sara felt tears running down her cheek as she remembered the terrible, lonely nights when she cried along with her daughter, unable to handle the pressures of being a new mother.

Despite everything, Sara felt blessed. When she looked into her daughter’s eyes, she knew that it was worth it. Sara loved this baby girl more than words could say. The only thing she would change is telling him about it. If only to know how he would’ve reacted.

“Here you are ma’am. Las Vegas Police Department, North Trop Boulevard.”
    “Thank you.”
    Sara quickly paid the cab driver and grabbed her luggage from the trunk. It wasn’t too heavy, so she hauled it into the building with relative ease.

“Hello… oh! Sara Sidle!”
    “Hi Judy,” she managed a smile to the bespectacled receptionist.
    “I didn’t know you were coming! My goodness, this is quite a surprise!”
    “Is Nick around?”
    “Oh, I’m sorry. The graveyard shift went out to celebrate this huge case. They’re at the diner. The usual place, I think they said.”
    “Thanks.” Sara started to go.
    “May I ask about that little girl with you?”
    Sara turned around, and simply said, “She’s my daughter. Good bye.”
    Judy was left with her mouth open.

The diner was warm and comforting, but Sara still felt goose bumps on her arms and legs. She was nervous, scared, and sad all at the same time. They were all there. Nick, Catherine, Warrick, Greg. Well, almost all of them. She managed a small sigh of relief.
    “Mommy, where are we?”
    Sara looked down at her little girl. She didn’t expect her to wake up already.
    “We’re in Vegas, sweetie. Remember I told you we were coming here for an important meeting?”
    The little girl yawned, “Where’s the white tiger?”
    Sara kissed her on the cheek and smiled, “We’ll see the tiger. I promise. Right now, I wanted to visit some old friends, so be a good girl and be on your best behavior.”
    Little Emily nodded.

Slipping into a booth, she let herself gaze at him. He still looked the same as ever. He was smiling that same grin that made her go weak in the knees. His gorgeous eyes and muscular physique, reminded her of the one night they shared together … she felt her body ache as she recalled him dragging her to his bedroom. They didn’t use protection, but at the time, she was feeling too good to care.
    Sara started to feel depressed, and different thoughts flew around in her head.
    ‘What if he already has a girlfriend? I just got up and left for San Francisco with no warning. He probably hates me. They all probably hate me.’

She was starting to lose her nerve. Maybe coming back was not such a good idea.
    “Mommy, can I have waffles?”
    Sara swallowed quickly and scooped up Emily.
    “Yeah. But the room service in our hotel makes them much better. Let’s go.”
    She ducked out the door clutching the small girl close.
    “Are you crying?”
    Sara quickly sniffed, and hastily wiped away a few stray tears.
    “No. Just got something in my eye. Let‘s go.”

Once again, she was running away. She was always running away from things that confused and scared her. She knew it was stupid to be afraid of true love, but that was who she was. She had bad luck with love, and maybe her gut was telling her something.

Their hotel room was nice and cozy, but all she could think about was Nick. She missed him, and she wondered if he even thought about her. It was almost six am but Sara hardly slept at all. She looked over at their daughter. Smiling in her sleep like an angel. Sara sighed softly, and walked outside to the terrace.
    She took out her cell and dialed his phone number. She let out a small breath when she heard his sleepy voice.
    “Stokes.”
    “….”
    “Hello? Is anyone there?”
    “Hi Nick.”
    “Sara? Is that you?” He sounded wide awake now.
    “Yes. I’m at the Excalibur.”
    “You’re here!? In Vegas!?” His voice rose up a few decibels and she couldn’t tell if he was angry or just surprised.
    “Yeah. I just got in, and I need to talk to you. Can you come over? I’d like you to meet someone.”
    “Who?” He sounded confused and apprehensive.
    “Our daughter.”

Yes, I know it’s kind of open ended, but that just makes it all the more angsty, right? Okay, so I left it like that to keep it short! (And yet it still seems kind of long :p) I will probably try a follow up after I tend to all the other requests!

4. hollie

hollie Pathologist

Aww, that was really good Hestia !!

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

aww Yes that rocks Hestia and I would love to see the Follow up once you finish the other ficlets cause now i'm all curious on what Nicks reaction is gonna be *smirks* You make cliffhangers GOOD

6. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Thank you. ;)
    Okay, I got around to the sandles suggestion from GumDrops. Hopefully, you will like it. :) (even though it's kinda short and not terribly romantic)

It was a long, hard day which dragged into a longer night.
    Sara was currently working on a terrible abuse case. Both the mother and child showed obvious signs of long-term abuse, but they couldn’t prove the step father did it. He covered his tracks very well and had an alibi.
    Her double was soon becoming a triple and she was starting to run on empty, so she reluctantly pulled herself away from the evidence room and dragged herself to the coffee pot in the break room.

“Sara? Are you still here?”
    She turned to see Greg by the doorway. He was in a nice suit. For a moment she didn't know why he was dressed like that, but then she quickly remembered his court date earlier.
    “Oh. Yeah, I am.”
    He walked in and gave her a look.
    “You look dead tired.”
    “Thank you, Mr. Obvious..”
    “Okay, so lack of sleep makes you cranky. I should‘ve known.”
    She dismissed his ramblings and meandered over to the evidence room with her mug half empty.
    However, he followed her, ready to lend a hand despite the fact that he wasn’t on the case.
    “So, what’s your case?”
    She looked up at him, “Mother and child body dump, fractured sculls and severe bruising indicating abuse. I’m primary on this but there’s not much.”
    He gave her an understanding look.
    “Let me help you out.”
    “You don’t need to,” she protested.
    “Come on, you look beat and you obviously need a fresh set of eyes.”
    She finally agreed and handed him a stack of photos and evidence baggies.
    “Let’s try and finish before the rest of graveyard gets back.”

It was Greg who spotted something in one of the pictures. And inconsistency that had Sara running to trace.
    Greg tried to follow her, but she was energized from the caffeine and adrenaline, so he just gave up and waited in the break room.
    “What’s the verdict?” He asked as soon as he caught up with her.
    “We’ll know in a while. Hodges is checking on the sample, and we’ll know soon enough.”
    Greg just stood there for a while. Finally he suggested they both go home.
    “We won’t make the samples go any quicker by staying here.”
    “Okay,” she sighed.
    They both made their way to the locker room to get ready, not realizing it was already a couple of hours until grave yard shift began again.

“You look nice.”
    “Thanks, but it‘s not what I usually wear.”
    “You should try and wear suits more often. They make you look mature,” Sara grinned.
    “I don’t think so. The tie alone is killing me. I can’t take it off, without fear that I’m going to accidentally choke myself,” he shrugged.
    Sara just smiled at him, “You won’t choke. Just take it off.”
    He made a lame attempt of loosening his tie but somehow managed to tighten it.
    “I knew it! Damn tie… I should‘ve bought a clip on.”
    She shook her head in amusement and got behind him to try and figure out the problem.
    “I’ve got scissors in my locker,” Greg tried to protest.
    “No, I’ve got it.”
    “Actually, I think you’re making it worse.”
    “Stop struggling!”
    “You’ve never even worn ties! They’re evil.”
    “I’m taking it off, so be quiet and stay still!”

It was at that precise moment that Catherine and Warrick chose to walk in. Needless to say they weren’t expecting to see Sara’s arms wrapped around Greg’s neck and yelling something about ‘taking it off.’
    “Did we interrupt?”
    The two turned around and tried to look as normal as possible. Oddly enough as soon as Sara let go of the young CSI, the dreaded tie fell off.
    “Thanks for the help, Sara,” Greg managed to say.
    “You’re definitely getting a clip on tie for your birthday,” Sara mumbled before leaving a very confused Catherine and Warrick.

Okay, two more suggestions! (I'm catching up! :D) Thanks for all your awesome words and kind reviews! Up next, two suggestions by umbrello. ;)

7. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

very nice! I didn't say it had to be smooshy and fluffy did I? made me laugh, brightened up my week of exams! I on't have a challenge for you though. good job!

8. hollie

hollie Pathologist

Hehe, that was really cute!!

9. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Well, I've finally responded to the two suggestions, umbrello, BTW thanks for the new suggestions (I am going to try and write at least one ficlet of every single couple before this thread is done!)
    First I’ll be writing a Gofia ficlet centering around their date (in Unbearable). My next post will feature the second suggestion. I hope you like what I wrote! ;)

A soft strings and percussion set were heard playing in the background. The restaurant was wonderfully decorated, adding a touch of sophistication and class to the reasonably priced establishment. Sofia was quite impressed, almost as much when he boldly asked her out.

“This place is beautiful.”
    He smiled and helped her into her seat.
    “Quite a gentleman, as well.”
    “I aim to please.”
    She sat back in her chair and looked at him curiously. He returned the gaze which soon turned into a strange staring contest where neither could quite break away.

“Hello, I’m Daniel, and I’ll be your waiter this evening. May I start with your drink order?”
    They both looked at him and quickly gave their drink order. He nodded and quickly went on his way.
    The menu in front of her caught her attention, and she kept her eyes glued to it until the waiter returned with their beverages.
    Every so often she snuck a peek at him. He was just as absorbed in his reading material as her. Coincidence? She smiled to herself.
    He can’t possibly be nervous. He was the one who initiated this date.

When she told Grissom about her intentions to leave the lab, he was quick with his words and now she was having dinner with him.
    An odd thought struck her. Maybe he wanted to talk her into staying. After all, he was the supervisor and he was short handed as it is, what with the whole team split.
    This was not a pleasant thought, so she pushed it away, making a promise to ask him about it later.

As soon as they got the waiter’s attention, and ordered, they were left alone. She opted to start a conversation.
    “How do you know about this place? It’s really quite lovely.”
    “I did a bit of research.”
    “You researched this restaurant?” She was a bit taken back.
    “Yes. I’ve been meaning to come here. Tonight just happens to be the first time I’ve seen this place,” he gave her an impish smile, “I’m glad you like it.”
    She started to loosen up.
    “You seem much more different outside of work. More relaxed. And you’re smiling. You should smile more often.”
    “I’ll try and do that. And may I say, you look good with your hair down.”
    Sofia ran her fingers down her long, blonde hair and winked as she came up with an idea.
    “I’ll wear my hair down more often, if you smile.”
    He nodded, “Deal.”

They were both in higher sprits when the food arrived. Quietly eating and looking at each other, one would mistake them for a couple.
    “I don’t know why I was so nervous before,” she put her plate aside and smiled, “Actually, I do know. I was apprehensive.”
    This caught Grissom’s attention. He carefully pushed his plate to the side and gave her an inquisitive look.
    She continued, “I figured this was some kind of business thing. You asked me out to dinner when I threatened to quit. So, I guess I couldn’t help but think this was some kind of ruse to talk me into staying.”
    She took a sip of her wine.
    “Though I must say, it is working.”
    He suddenly understood. Clearing his throat a little he replied, “I suppose I did want to talk to into staying with us at the lab. But then again, I may have wanted to try and get to know you, Sofia.”
    She was speechless for a moment. Gathering her thoughts, she answered him.
    “You wanted to get to know me? Well, if this isn’t a coincidence - I actually wanted to get to know you. Why else would I accept?”
    “So let’s get to know each other.”
    “I’d really like that.”
    He smiled once again, and she gave him a smile that matched his.

Alright, so a Catherine/Sofia friendship ficlet is coming up next.

10. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Since they don’t interact much, I thought about how they would get into a conversation. Then I got an idea. Hope you like the ficlet (set during A Bullet Runs Through It). ;)

Sofia Curtis shot a cop.

Those were the words on everyone’s lips. Not just her fellow officers - some of the lab technicians were whispering about her as well - when they thought she didn’t hear them.
    It was all she could do from breaking down then and there.

She tried to talk to Grissom, but being unable to discuss things with the only man she thought understood her proved to be difficult. She had no friends outside the force who would understand. Actually, she had no friends outside the force, period.
    It was like a stigma. A mark that no one addressed but everyone noticed.

The hot air and bright sun outside didn’t help her. She still felt like she was suffocating. Crossing the street, she approached a little diner. The air was cooler and she finally felt like no one was watching her. Judging her.
    Well, almost no one. As soon as she sat in a nearby corner, she spotted a familiar pair of eyes. They belonged to familiar blonde woman whom she never really talked to.

She must have noticed because she got up and walked over to her table.
    “Hey Sofia. Is this seat taken?”
    She didn’t know what to say. Catherine Willows was always a straight forward, impulsive woman. But why would she want to sit next to a cop killer.
    Sofia just shrugged, and Catherine took it as a sign to join her.
    “You holding up okay?”
    There was sympathy in her tone. While part of her was glad she didn’t shun her, the other part just wanted to be left alone.
    “I’m doing okay so far. Just trying to deal with everything.”
    The older woman simply nodded before getting up suddenly. Sofia felt a tad relieved. At least she could sit and think about everything without any interruptions or unwarranted words of pity.

Alas, it was not to be. Catherine returned with two steaming cups. She set one of them in front of her and took a sip out of her own cup.
    She looked down at the ‘peace offering’. What else could it be?
    “I don’t understand. Why are you doing this?”
    “Don’t you like tea?” Catherine didn’t answer her query.
    “I like it just fine, but to tell you the truth we’re not the type of women who hang out and drink tea together. No offense, but you never acted like my friend before.”
    Catherine nodded in a way that signified she was a bit embarrassed but knew the truth in those words.
    “I completely agree. I never did anything to make you believe we were friends. To tell you the truth, when you first worked with Grissom I was kind of… jealous.”
    Now that was a shock. Sofia let out a soft huff of incredulity.
    “I know, I know. I judged you because you worked for Ecklie, and I wasn’t exactly his biggest fan.”
    “Well, now that you’ve worked with him, maybe you know what it’s like,” Sofia replied.
    “Yeah I do. Politics,” Catherine shook her head in self scorn. “I had no right to cast the first stone and I know better now.”
    Sofia just nodded slightly, and took a sip of the tea. She winced as she reached for the sugar.
    “I hope you don’t let this get you down. We’ve all done something that we regretted. Even me.”
    “Really?” Sofia noticed that came out more callous than she intended.
    Catherine didn’t seem concerned.
    “Yeah. I blew up the lab. I know what it’s like to have people look at you like you’re some kind of horrible, person. It was an accident, but I still think about it. Just like you, I’m sure.”
    She looked out the window and responded quietly, “I think about it because few people believe it was an accident. Those who do believe, don’t seem to care.”

Sofia heard about the lab explosion, but she didn’t expect Catherine to tell her about it, and she definitely didn’t expect to pour out her feelings of insecurity in front of a woman she only worked with.
    Catherine spoke up, “I’ve done so many things that I’m not proud of but I held my head high, even when it seemed like everyone and everything was against me. There where times when it got to me. But eventually, I moved on and I realized that everyone else had moved on too.”

The young detective didn’t know what to say. Here she was giving her advice like they had known each other for a long time. She thought about the scientist’s words. For someone who is supposed to be calculating and technical, she sure did know a lot about the nature of human fallacies and the terrible emotions that plague the guilty conscious.

“Thank you.”
    Catherine nodded in compassion. “You’re welcome. If you ever need to talk about it…”
    “I’ll be okay, now. I know it.”
    The two women finished up and walked outside amicably. They shared more than just a cup of tea. They shared their insecurities and similar fears; they shared a bond that would be the foundation for a strong friendship.

One more suggestion to go - and it’s not crazy or elaborate! Gasp! AmandaSzmanda, thank you. :D

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Can you do Snickers and Grillows? first, you do GSR, they went out on a date, Sara finally realize she wasn't in love with Grissom, she was in love with Nick so she told Grissom, She doesn't love him anymore, Grissom say the same thing to Sara, he was in love with Catherine alone so they got up and went separate way. Sara ran to Nick, so it Grissom and they both went out on a date in a different restaurant. Take your times after you get done with the other story. You did a good job with this.

12. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

Hey, I'm not a pain all the time (Only 99.9% of the time, I thought I should give you something easy)

13. maricejayo

maricejayo Witness

You think you can continiue the Snickers one :)
    You got me SO hook!

14. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

Hey, thank you very much for responding to both chalenges. :D Both stories were very sweet and well written.

15. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Okay AmandaSzmanda, I read and re-read your suggestion, but I didn’t know if you wanted Ecklie to get drunk, or Grissom to get drunk. I almost wanted to send you a PM to clarify, but then I decided they would both get drunk! Yeah, you read it correctly. Now read on as you see how I managed to pull this off. :lol:

It was inevitable - Grissom was retiring from the lab. Everyone knew it would happen eventually, but it was the way in which it happened that took everyone by surprise.
    Grissom wasn’t leaving exactly on his own accord. It was a sort of forced retirement issued by Ecklie himself.

When Ecklie found out about a certain sub-ordinate relationship he flew off the handle and gave the etymologist an ultimatum. It was her, or his job. Even though he insisted that he wasn’t trying to be noble or self sacrificing, people still spoke about the complete 180 he pulled. Sacrificing his job for her.

Now that they were getting ready to bid the bug man goodbye, Catherine announced that they were having a huge retirement party in his honor.
    Of course he declined and told his long time friend not to make a fuss, but it was useless. By the end of the day, the whole lab was gearing up for a party and Grissom knew when he was outnumbered and outwitted.

“Thanks for coming everyone, I appreciate your support.”
    “Speech! Speech! Speech!”
    Everyone started to chant for the ‘guest of honor’ to make say a few words.
    “I don’t really have anything prepared,” he hesitated.
    “Just say something, man!” Warrick’s voice rang clear.
    Grissom sighed and thought of a few words, “I like to think that I’m leaving my team with a sense of determination and pride. I hope you all remember everything I have taught you about science. The evidence does not lie. We handle everything with objectivity.
    And in the immortal words of Pavlov; ‘Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise.’ Thank you.”
    This got him a standing ovation, which he merely smiled and acknowledged quietly.

Towards the end of the night, Grissom managed to consume quite a bit of alcohol. He didn’t plan to, but it was hard to refuse when every member of his team wanted to get him a drink. Besides, they were serving one of his favorite vodkas.
    “To Grissom. May he find happiness and a long deserved rest in his retirement.”
    “Here here!”
    “Cheers!”
    That was the fifth toast that he heard and drank to, and every time he drank he noticed Ecklie shot him a sour look and took a shot. By the fourth drink he started to think it was more than a coincidence. And for some reason, a grumpy Ecklie seemed funny.

“Look what we got! A karaoke machine,” Catherine motioned for Archie and Bobby to push out the karaoke system. Her announcement was greeted by a few groans and a couple of coughs about how lame it was to have karaoke at a retirement party.
    “Alright, who’s going to be the first brave volunteer?”
    For a brief moment there was silence, then a loud, familiar voice rang out.
    “I’ll go!”
    Ecklie walked over to the make-shift stage and grabbed the microphone. A bunch of lab techs grabbed their camera phones and Archie looked around for his digital video camera.
    “You all think Grissom is soooo great, don’t ya?” Ecklie slurred.
    “Not a single one of you made a speech or congratulated me when I got promoted to assistant supervisor!”
    Hodges tried to protest, after all he did send Ecklie a card, but the clearly intoxicated assistant supervisor cut him off.
    “Well, I have a surprise for all of ya! I can sing. I sang in college. I was part of a choir!” He turned to the screen where the words would be projected, “A five, six, seven, eight!”
    “What song do you want?”
    “Just play!”
    Catherine smirked as she chose a one hit wonder pop song.
    Dear, I fear we're facing a problem / you love me no longer, I know / and maybe there is nothing that I can do / to make you do,” Ecklie’s falsetto vice was cringe-inducing but some of graveyard shift actually encouraged him, while laughing and snickering.
    If that wasn’t bad enough, Ecklie started to throw in some kicks and jazz hands. It was quite a combination.

“Ecklie, you’re just embarrassing yourself,” Grissom called out.
    No one noticed that the retiree was smirking, until he elaborated.
    “Let me show you how it’s really done!”
    Everyone gaped as Grissom, who was now clearly as drunk as Ecklie, grabbed an empty beer bottle and sang into the improvised microphone.
    He joined his nemesis onstage and they engaged in what could only be described as a terrible karaoke sing off.
    Love me, love me / Say that you love me / Fool me, fool me /Go on and fool me!” Grissom picked up the chorus.
    Ecklie countered, “Love me, love me / Pretend that you love me / Leave me, leave me / Just say that you need me.

Grissom one upped Ecklie by jumping onto Sara’s table and ‘serenading her.’ Needless to say, Sara was mortified while everyone else seemed to find it hilarious, if not over the top and crazy.

In the end, the two scientists were dragged to a respective corner of the room and decided to call it a tie. Even though Ecklie and Grissom promised not to sing anymore, some of the lab techs and Greg were secretly plotting a way to make sure the two men never forget. Archie was pretty happy he remembered the video recording feature on his camera, and he would definitely charge a pretty penny for the copies.

Does anyone know that song? If they guess it correctly they get a free cookie. ;)
    Well, now I have to decided if I should continue that angsty snickers ficlet or tackle Gilbert's suggestion. Hmmmm...