Back in business! - Email Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by BlueGirl, Jun 1, 2006.

1. licorice

licorice Rookie

^ I dunno, do you think we should try and e-mail the others? Hehe, maybe get a little competition going on?

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Carmine is the only one with a public e-mail address, I believe. Most actors don't put themselves out there like that.

3. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

Hey girls,

I haven't been able to be around much lately. Life has been happening and at a quick pace! :lol:

I got a couple of e-mail replies from Carmine as well and wanted to share one that I thought was really cute. It made me laugh out loud.

This was the part of mine he was referring to:

The ending with Danny and Lindsay in the club where Mac was playing was absolutely incredible! The only thing that would have been better would have been if you'd gotten up there and played with them. THAT would have made the whole show!

and this was his response to that:

thanks and I would have gotten up there if only they asked...cdg

:lol: Soooooo Carmine!

I'm so glad he's been answering everyone. Good grief he has been busy answering!!!! It just makes my respect for him escalate!!!

I'm going to try to be around some this week! I miss everybody! :)

~Susan

4. BlueGirl

BlueGirl Coroner

:lol: That's cute. He's never asked to play... :( Remember when he said in an interview that he would love to play with the Lt. Dan Band, but they don't call him. Shame on you Gary! You're missing out on a great opportunity! ;)

5. Catlover160281

Catlover160281 Police Officer

Im in heaven right now :D :D :D
    I just checked the email addy I used to email Carmine (I have so many I couldnt remember which one I used) anyway I open it to find a reply from Carmine!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I sent him a poem in my email to him and this is what he said:

nice poem keep writing... thanks cdg

wow :) Im glad me liked it, I wasnt sure he would :)

6. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

for everyone that has received a response from carmine, did you email him directly? or submit it through the contact form on his site....??

7. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I emailed him directly, and didn't use the contact form on the site. :)

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I emailed him directly too. :)

9. messinwithmesser

messinwithmesser Lab Technician

COOL....thanks for the responses THUMPYG42 & 1CSIMfan... now will i get a response from him? we shall see...

10. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

I've sent mine directly. :)

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I just sent mine Thursday and got a reply Friday. I sent another one on Friday (I thought the first one was a little lame) and I haven't gotten a reply yet. But hey, it's the weekend. He needs a break. His keyboard is probably smoking or worn out he's answered so many. :D

12. Sylvie9258

Sylvie9258 Witness

i emailed mine directly also, and got a reply less than 24 hours after I sent it.

I think it's so great that Carmine actually takes the time to reply to us. I mean, he's on hiatus right now and we all know he's a busy guy. He must have a billion other things to do, but he still makes time for us fans. He's such a nice guy. :D

13. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

Just wanted to share an e-mail I got from Carmine last night. It really meant alot to me. It was very nice. I'll post mine first and then his reply.

My e-mail:

Subject: I'm using you in a teaching lesson this weekend!!!!

Hi Carmine,

Thanks for answering my e-mails. I'm sure you probably know that there is a specific thread about your e-mails on the TalkCSI board. I don't get to check out that site as much as I used to, but I did pop in tonight and was overwhelmed with all the e-mails you've answered for everyone in the past week. There are messages upon messages. In all of that..........you gave me such a good lesson.

Forgive me for the long explanation, but I think if and when you have time to read it, it may be touching....... So bear with me while I give you a bit of background.

Tomorrow starts a week long mission week we have in my community called Community Changers. We bring several churches youth groups in and they do construction for a week and restore and repair houses for elderly people who can't do it or afford it. We go through CASA and Habitat for Humanity to get our homes to work on. We have usually over 300 teenagers. I'm the nurse for this whole group of teenagers. This will be my 5th year being the nurse for this mission week.

One of my jobs will be speaking to the group one night and doing an encouraging word for them. I'd already decided that I wanted to talk about "Significance" since self -worth is such a big thing for teenagers today. I'm going to use you and the fact that you actually take the time to answer the e-mails of so many fans. I think there is a multiple lesson in that (I'm sure you don't need me to spell it out). Here's a few high points.

1. You're "famous' and still remember the fans and let them know that.
    2. You never know where these people who e-mail you are in their life and your one liner may be the thing that brings someone enough joy to get through another moment.
    3. Reading and answering them all has to be time consuming, yet it builds your character with your fan base because most actors won't do that.

and then to remind them:

You never know how you are touching someone. Send out your encouragrams (that's a whole nother part of the mission week that this ties into) this week, take the time to say something to the people whose houses you are working on and etc.......

Anyway.............maybe lame, but just thought I'd let you know that you not only have made my respect and adoration for you grow, but you wrote my lesson for me by your actions.

Thank you............;-)

Susan

His reply:

thanks for your work with teenagers... encouragement is such an important thing to them... "good works" do not go unnoticed...
    thanks... cdg

14. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

waouh that's adorable, i mean your email :D so is his answer ;)

got a question : how come he answers so fast lol? i wrote him an email two days ago and i already have the answer :D not that i would mind lol

here is what he sent me :

thank you so much.. my fans are the best... art work my way to express...with words...cdg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol i didn't get the end, if someone could help me lol

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^Maybe he meant "without words". That would make more sense.