Rock/Alternative music

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by lilbug, May 20, 2005.

1. CSIri

CSIri Captain

You just discovered Nirvana last week? :lol:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Green Day are awesome!!
    I really love Guns and Roses too!!
    Green day are the best!!
    What is everybodies favourite Green day song?
    I'm pretty bored!!
    Good Charlotte are awesome too!!

3. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

WOW! We love some of the same bands! Not many people my age still rock out to Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, or Nirvana. They just rock. And Guns and Roses are still an all time favorite of mine. Green Day is awesome too.

And we can't forget THE ROLLING STONES. Rock on.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

i went to a good charlotte concert and loved them so much.
    my favoutrite green day song is american idiot, or nice guys finish last, but at the moment i'm listening to when september ends

5. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I knew who they were but I didn't listen to their music... :( until now.

6. CSIri

CSIri Captain

They're pretty good, huh? :D

7. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

I loooove Nirvana. You should get the MTV Unplugged album. It's kinda hard to find, but you can get it easily on eBay. It's really cool. It's really mellow Nirvana. It's really neat.

8. keiko

keiko Pathologist

I love Boulevard of Broken Dream, She and Give me Novacaine. awesome lyrics..! :eek:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

OMG I LOVE Nirvana unplugged its one of those unforgettable moments that will be with every nirvana fan forever.. Kurt Cobain was full of such emotion, such pain. My favourite from that will always be where did you sleep last night because of the many emotions in his voice it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up..Same with Alice in chains - Rooster thats such a powerful song!
    I cant get enough of the early 90's grunge scene I dont think we can ever have anything like that again, which is a shame cos it still stands out in everyone's minds and reminds them of that certain period in their lives.

Hmmm my fave Green Day songs are Longview, Wake me up when September ends and Welcome to paradise. Dookie is pure genius!!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I bought Nirvana's Greatest Hits (sorta) album (a few years ago) and I love the song "You know you're right" - the song Kurt Cobain recorded two weeks before his death. You can feel the pain in the song.

Nothing beats Nirvana. :) I'm glad you discovered them, kazzy.

11. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Victim

I LOVE VNV!!! Saw them live and they were awesome. It was at a festival. keiko see you're from Sweden. Have you heard of Covenant the EBM band from there? I love them as well. Ended up going to same festival a year later to see them as they were the headline band after buying a mag with a track of their's the previous year. :D

12. keiko

keiko Pathologist

I have never seen them live :(
    And yes.. I've heard Covenant. they were my fav band like three years ago. I saw them live at Arvikafestivalen 2002, well.. the first and last song ;)
    I'm not really that into EBM and stuff anymore.. but I still listen to VNV. and some Apoptygma and Assemblage 23 :D

Ever heard of a band called Run Level Zero? they're from Sweden.. you should check them out!

13. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Was Kurt Cobain's anniversary a few weeks ago? :confused:

14. samanarkCSI

samanarkCSI Pathologist

Anyone here heard of System of a Down?
    I heard Chop Suey by them like last year and have been meaning to get that CD (Toxicity I think it's called) but have always forgot when I get to the music store :lol:
    So...anyone?

15. CSIri

CSIri Captain

System Of A Down have a couple of good songs, but I don't really like the kind of music they play.