S6 - the most uneven seasons of all? S7 - speculations....

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by S_Bright, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Re: S6 - the most uneven seasons of all? S7 - speculations.

I heard about WP will do the theater in Rhode Island for two month. CSI is ahead, it not live show. He maybe on it or not on it much, he is slowing down.

2. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

I agree. There's been WAY too much Nick angst in this Season. Kelly Gordon got out of jail, then killed herself, his car got stolen, he found out Walter Gordon didn't actually come up with the idea to bury him alive, a little girl got kidnapped and he freaked out...etc. If TPTB actually made an effort to resolve the angst, it might work better, but frankly, I'm sick of seeing nick get picked on. It came as almost a relief when Brass got shot, because then I knew that nothing else was gonna happen to Nick this season.

I would LOVE to see some more Greg like he was in his lab-tech days. I know TPTB are probably trying to make him seem more mature now that he's a CSI, but seriously, where'd the humour go?

More of Warrick? Yes please! Less Tina/Warrick arguments (get divorced already, if you hate eachother that much!), less Warrick moodiness, and more of the early Warrick. Minus the gambling.

Sara needs to get back to normal, and so does Catherine. Okay, so Sara's got a guy, who happens to be Grissom, Catherine's going through weirdness with Lindsey (who seems to age with every few episodes...), and tehy've all had a rough time of it this season. Suck it up. They figure out the most gruesome murders one could possibly think of, and yet they're a little freaked out by the fact that their kid's growing up, or they just moved in with their boss. It BUGS me.

MaddMudder, you said that Grissom needs a girlfriend who's smart. Sara's plenty smart. Look, if they stick LH or Cath in between them, they'll just mess with it, and it won't end well. We'll get more Sara weirdness, more Grissom weirdness, all around more weirdness. LH has had her time on CSI, Melinda Clarke's on the OC, and since one of the main characters on the OC just DIED, and MC plays her mother, she's got some serious work cut out for her.I'd say CSI will be out for her for a good while. Lady Heather and Grissom happened, it un-happened, it's done. Catherine and Grissom never happened, Sofia and Grissom sort of happened we think, and Sara and Grissom full-on happened. It could've been any of them, GET OVER IT. It's a T.V show. Yeesh. We're all so serious here, it's really scary.

Ok. I think I'm done.

-Carrs-

EDIT: I thought wrong.

3. sfCSI

sfCSI Hit and Run

Okay, so Nick got it at the end of S5, Brass had a doozy of a season with ABRTI and the finales. So how will they start S7? With Brass still recovering or back at work with nothing really mentioned about the shooting.
    I think they'll have a Brass episode at some point that brings it all back to him, like they did with Nick this season.

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Don't worry, Greg's sense of humor is still very much intact. It has blended well with his maturity this past year. He's 30. It's about time he grew up. Speaking as an older woman, I prefer more mature Greg with a sly sense of humor to that of the cute but kind of silly lab tech.

5. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Okay, all of the complaining about Way to Go is irritating me. On a scale of 1-10, my irritation ranks 11. I guess that qualifies the phrase "This is pissing me off."

To me, WTG wasn't just the random GSR scene, which seems to be the main reason everyone's freaking out. If people paid attention, it wasn't entirely random. Both of their characters had been getting steadily more cheerful throughout the entire season, especially around one another. I first noticed it with the lingering flashlight thing in "Bite Me." And now, here we are. CALM DOWN. YOU CAN STILL HAVE YOUR SHIP. It is NOT the end of the world simply because some character interaction went on, or because two CSIs are actually having a relationship. It's like the YoBlingers say... "He's married, not dead." I'm not saying Grissom and Sara are married, but you get the idea. Every character on the show has chemistry with every other character, that's why it's survived so long. That's why there are so many ships, most of which have not been created on a whim. So stop freaking out because one of the characters in your favorite ship is taken and let TPTB have a little fun.

Off the topic of ships, which will overtake everything if we aren't careful...

You all were expecting too much of a "boom," like Grave Danger. Certainly, Brass being shot was a boom. But simply because he wasn't the main focus of the epidode, people freaked out. Other people said the cases were boring. Not in my humble opinion. Those same cases are the same kinds of cases that in a regular episode, you would have said were great. Which brings me to the point.

WTG is an indication that things will be coming back in S7. Grissom's sense of humor has returned. No longer will he be a scowling, angsty zombie. Sara looks to be looking up as well, and Greg, although he's matured, is still funny. Having regular interactions with corpses and where they've been will do that to a person. Catherine is probably just deflated because she can't flirt with anyone at the moment, and Nick has had guns in his face since S1. And Warrick is married. It was a plot device used in two, maybe three episodes. An evil plot devide, to be sure, but a plot device nonetheless. It's quite clear that they're having marital problems, which is what happens when you marry someone you've known since the previous season finale. Which probably means that Warrick is not going to be married for much of S7.

So in other words, gone will be the days of the one plot. Gone is the mopey Grissom, the silent Sara, the way-too-serious Greg, the depressed and decidedly un-fun Catherine, the boring and evidently aboveground Nick, and Warrick is probably going to get a divorce. Things have changed, but it's like a season-long server move. The network powers down for a bit, but when it comes back up, it's better than ever.

I apologize to the moderators for the rant and to you for wasting your time.

6. csi_fanatic87

csi_fanatic87 CSI Level Three

Amen to that! I'm with you all the way! Hopefully we can see these things come into play next season. :)

7. Bolero

Bolero Hit and Run

Speaking for myself the finale left much to be desired, none of which related to the last scene.

Well, I didn't expect anything close to GD. There is no way that WtG would get even close to touching GD in terms of hype.

My main issue with WtG was that it *was* hyped up and in the end delivered practically nothing. For weeks the audience was shown promos stating that the episode would change the lives of the characters, that it would be an unforgettable hour of TV, CBS set up that diner picture prompting a frenzy, etc. And what happened? Brass's storyline was basically given a B story status, where we learned his daughter still has it in for him and his co-workers care for him, sort of. All of which will be promptly forgetten by Season 7.

Honestly, why hype up something involving a major beloved character and then not deliver? Way to go to piss off your audience CBS! CSI should have stuck to a low key ending, like previous seasons.

And the Warrick/Tina set up in Bang Bang that led nowhere? Why? Why bother shoving that in if there's no payoff for the audience?

Toss in a divisive final scene and you get some ticked off fans. Season 7 should be interesting to say the least. :)

ETA: Another thing that bothered me was showing those ads with a cool song playing in the background and not releasing info about it to the fans. That really ticks me off.....

8. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

In my opinion i think that Grissom, Sara and Brass' live did changed. Grissom and Sara obviously by finally being together their lives changed and im really surprise that some audiences didn't get a hint from the diner picture that it was going to happen. As for Brass of course his life change he just went through a horrible life threatning situation and is something he is going have to live with for the rest of his life. So all im saying is that it wasnt a really good episode but i did expect what i saw and were not disspointed at all. :)

9. Bolero

Bolero Hit and Run

WP and Carol whatshername have both stated that the whole GSR thing had been going on for quite some time before it was officially revealed to the audience, therefore it was not prompted by the shooting.

I guess we'll have to wait until Season 7 to see if Brass is affected from his experience, but looking back at past character traumas I'm gonna go ahead and say that it'll probably be mentioned in passing and nothing more.

10. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

^ yeah because if they'd just gotten together, Grissom wouldn't be waiting for Sara to get out of the shower in one of their houses. Would he?

11. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

^^ Oh yeah obviously they've been in a relationship loger than just that episode since they were talking so confortable with each other and looked like they'll living together.

12. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Notice: Spoilers sporadically throughout this post.

1. Yes, it was hyped up. And it delivered for me. But just because Brass wasn't in every damn second of the episode does not mean he has been reduced to subplot subbasement status. Yes, Brass is important, but I know I would have been royally pissed if the Scooby Gang did nothing but sit by his side and cry for the whole episode. I'm fairly certain most of us would be.
    2. Why must we be so impatient? "That led nowhere"? Maybe not at that very instant, but the "payoff for the audience" will likely come in S7. Keep in mind that this was the SEASON FINALE. And they did say it was going to be a cliffhanger episode, so all they had to do was leave some ends untied and here we are.
    3. We'd be frenzied regardless of whether or not somebody got shot. It's the season 6 finale, for Pete's sake (who is Pete?)! We would have gone bouncing off every wall in every building we entered regardless if it was just a regular episode.
    4. Low key? On CSI? Surely you jest, sir or madam! Let's see, in season 1 I believe we had a serial (cereal?) killer (Strip Strangler) whose tactics necessitated that scheming Culpepper guy. For season 2, CSI: Miami was formed the episode before, Grissom is losing his hearing rather rapidly, and the GSR shippers flipped out (but then, we always do). Season 3, the lab blows up in Playing with Fire (and us Gutterflies freak out again), and then Lockwood gets shot in a robbery where Sam Braun (who happens to be Catherine's daddy) appears to be the customer benefiting from the theft. In season 4, more of dear old Sam and Sara is nearly arrested for driving while intoxicated or under the influence (and again the GSR shippers freak out... what's up with the even seasons?). And then in season 5, Nicky gets buried alive. That episode STILL depresses me. But the point is, low-key on CSI? No such thing. So yeah, I'd say corsets, Civil War reenactors, crazy party dudes that raise moral questions, and Brass getting shot is fitting. GD was the ONLY finale where where an injured CSI was the focus. When Catherine blew up the lab, did we spend the entirety of the remaining episode (or indeed, the one after) by Greg's bedside? Heck no!

Although, this little debate is pretty much pointless, as no side is going to sway the other. <cough> But I rest my case.

13. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Yes, it was reduced to subplotbasement. That's cause neither of the cases involved his shooting. I think it would've worked better if they twisted the plot so as to have the CSIs investigate something directly related to it. And we have other characters joking around while he is in ICU. :rolleyes: In the NY finale, we had several sincere moments of the characters remembering about their FRIEND in the ICU.
    Also, they advertised it as "one csi gets to make a life-altering decision" or something like that, when Grissom spent all of two seconds on his decision. Why hype it up as that if you could barely detect it in the ep? I kinda expected Griss to at least be conflicted about it. But no, instead, we have him denying his closeness with Brass. How OOC can you get...

14. rwf05

rwf05 Hit and Run

Cliffhanger? what cliffhanger. Tptb and actors have mentioned that word and the only thing that wasn't answered was the Warrick marriage issues (kinda a weak cliffhanger if thats what they ment), which technically is from the 2nd last episode, not the finale. The cases were solved, Brass survived, and Sara and Grissom are together. What unanswered question is there?
    There was alot of hype for this "unforgetable" episode. Other then what the effects of long term corset use on a mans body looks like, Brass lived (I did like the final Brass hospital scene), Grissom wants to die of cancer and is "intimate"(words of the actors) with Sara. And a oneliner from Nick (hehehe chucking just thinking of it) I don't remember anything.
    I know Warrick was on a case, but there is no memory of it anymore. The main case had to do with civil war reenactment, but other then that and about 45 seconds of investigation, the details seem lost in my mind.

I appreciate there is a large support for GSR, but there is also a large group that could care less, and another large group that have a real distaste for it. I ask you outside the GSR moments and the 2 minutes total of Brass time (probably more) what stands out in your mind that it was a unforgetable episode. If your not a big GSR fan, this episode didn't offer up that much outside the fact that Brass survived.

S7 I see more episodes like Gum Drops where the rest of team get to shine (just due to the face that WP has a mid season commitment to a Stage play).

I do agree that S6 was very uneven, though i think that is for the most part they were trying a few new things. some worked (Rashomama) and some didn't (I Like to watch, thanks Cofi) I can look past the bad just because of that fact, i give tptb credit for trying some new things, even if they didn't all work.

editted to fix episode title

15. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

^^^ It was "I Like To Watch" when the film crew followed them around. :)

However, that's one thing I liked about S6, that they tried out new things (Killer, Rashomama, etc) even though it didn't work on some (I Like To Watch). I like it whenever they go outside the usual formula. I wanna see more of this out-of-the box ideas (like Invisible Evidence and 4x4 from the past seasons) in S7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.