Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

Re: Sofia Curtis

lol my House of Elliot just arrived too!Gonna watch it soon,and i'll see whether season2 is worth my money :lol:.
    I'm in for a LL mega screentime treat :D

2. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to the day I can check out House of Elliot and see Louise when she was a mere 19 year old whiz kid.

It is official, I will not be screencaping from the last few shows until at least Sept for the Yahoo Group. As of today my working horse computer is being boxed up and going into storage. Sorry, but such is life.

Viva Sofia Baby!

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hey guys!

I bring you all a gift! (today seems to be a great day for me. :) )

It's a Louise HQ promo from a movie she did back then, called 'Gold in the Streets'

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

4. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Well Season Two is turning out to be incredible as well. Here is a pic I found. There is nothing like being able to watch how spunky her character Evie is in this series.

[​IMG]

*Waves at abc* Thanks for the picture. Now gives me another movie to look for to watch.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

sofia:

a)hot as hell. CHECK
    b)intelligence. CHECK
    c)irresistable. CHECK
    d)i'd tap that? CHECK
    e)even though i'm female? CHECK CHECK

there's all the reasoning in why i am a sofia fan.
    *waves* still trudging on with the newbie business...

so yeah to answer your question. i'm the most politically incorrect person you'll most likely ever come across. :)

6. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

A big welcome to you ravensonAve . You will find I am quite the Sofia nut as well. I highly agree with your reasons above. Fabulous!

Check this great place out. Lots of wonderful photos and discussions. Sofia Curtis Appreciation Page

Here is some eye candy to celebrate this amazing woman.

[​IMG]

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

ravensonAve Please see your Private Messages regarding your signature. Thank you.

8. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

ravensonAve welcome to the LL thread :D

Found this interview in one of the UK mags i bought from ebay :p.Its rare we see a LL interview around so i decided to scan and upload it.She seems rather happy by the way,and i've got a feeling she will be sticking to CSI for a long time ;) Enjoy!

Tv Quick Interview @ the curtispage

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hey guys!

Wanted to let you all know that Tazzer has recruited me to the Sofia Curtis Appreciation Page @ Yahoo! so I'll be working on the screencaps for the remainder of the episodes soon. So keep on checking! :D

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Hey abc congrats on the recruit. I know you will do a fab job of finishing up the seasons screencaps.

Arturtle, thanks for coming through with the fab magazine article on Louise/Sofia. Snagged that for my collection.

I agree I think Sofia is an important part of CSI and I see her being around even more in season 7. Like I have said many times before and listed the episodes, she had her fair share of screentime in season six. No complaints here, ha.

For anyone who is interested, umbrello gave me info that the House of Elliot Season Three will be out July 11th.
    This is at least a Louise fix over the summer while CSI is off. ;) :D

11. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

*Bump* Thought I would leave something before I started my day. Nothing like a little Sofia/Louise. Perfect coffee substitue in my opinion. One look at this classic beauty and no caffiene needed. ;) :D

[​IMG]

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thanks, LSB! :D

Louise was included as part of the cast interviewed in this article at the Channel5 website, and here is what it said. It's really interesting!! :D

Louise Lombard

Plays Detective Sofia Curtis

“Brits can do American accents better than Americans do British.”

Louise Lombard is a more recent addition to the CSI cast. But she’s probably the most instantly recognisable face for us Brits, despite a blonde look and an accent shift. She’s best known for Chancer and The House Of Elliot in Britain, but has now turned her attention to working in America, appearing in such films as Hidalgo and My Kingdom.
    Detective Sofia Curtis started her career as a CSI, but after a stint working in the lab with Grissom and co, she’s begun working closely with Jim Brass as a ‘tec.

So what brought you to America?
    I was coming backwards and forwards, mostly because of TV pilots – I’d done a pilot with Jeff Goldblum and I’d done movies such as Hidalgo. I just hadn’t really got to the point where I was living here. And then when I was offered this, it kind of flipped it over. And I had a baby and that helped!

How was it joining an established cast?
    I said, “You have to be joking… Why would you add a character to a show that’s working so well as it is?” But they were committed to the idea of that. But I was nervous coming on for those reasons and I’ve done fairly long running TV shows in England, I know how tight that family can be. And the idea of an outsider coming in, and that outsider being me... it was a little bit nerve-wracking. But I had no need to worry. They’re wonderful. That might have had something to with the fact that I was pregnant and waddling about and they felt sorry for me!

Do people in England know you’re over here starring in a huge TV show watched by millions?
    Well, I’d done a fairly good job of staying under radar at home, so it’s pretty much even more so here. But it’s fairly successful at home.

But you do such a good accent...
    (Laughs uproariously) Yeah, thanks! Moving swiftly along… Brits can do American accents better than Americans do British, but being in the firing line, I’m not really supposed to comment! You can get away with it on the BBC, but here you have to raise your game! It’s glasshouses and stones.

As a character actor, is it ever frustrating to be on a show that’s so heavily focused on the procedural?
    I thought it would be. Because the audiences don’t like it when it gets too personal. So I thought that might be limiting, but personally, I’ve had some nice, really personal stuff to do. And I’m getting to interrogate people! And that gives you a challenge to play.

Here comes the science bit…CSI is loaded with technological terms that the cast have to trip off their tongues at speed every week. How do you handle it?

I hate it! They tell me what it means and two weeks later I can’t remember! It comes up every episode. All the CSIs have all the stuff down and I was beginning to get some of the forensic stuff down, but then I was moved over to being a cop and I’m back to square one.

13. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Thanks for posting that shane. She's awesome

14. kelloggs

kelloggs Dead on Arrival

feeling the Sofia love

Hi, I'm a frequent visitor of this thread and though I was registered a month or so, this is my first message here. :) I feel very fortunate to have found this site, it was only by chance that I got here as I was looking for some pictures of Sofia over the net. And one of them was posted here but I forgot who posted it. ehehe :D

I'm a Filipina (from the Philippines, a big hello to my fellow Asians!!) and I've watched CSI ever since it began though I really didn't have any favorite among the characters. But that was before Sofia came in the picture and now I'm more hooked than ever. ;) It's a great feeling to be with people who appreciates Sofia and I love the way you'd all describe her that you just can't help but love her even more. Spread the Sofia Love!! :cool:

15. kelloggs

kelloggs Dead on Arrival

Re: feeling the Sofia love

btw, we're a bit behind on Season 6 episodes here...the last episode shown was "I Like To Watch" (6x17) and it became one of my favorite episodes of her in S6 (along with ABRTI 1 & 2, BIM, RS & SS)...have to admit, I can't really take my mind off her heart-stopping smile during her conversation with Brass (love it when she smiles also those dimples) :D I don't mind spoilers though 'cause I see it as something to look forward to...that I can look forward to seeing her. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.