They mentioned CSI on.....

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Guest, Apr 24, 2006.

1. prokaryote

prokaryote Witness

I saw a card (dunno if it was Hallmark or w/e) that said CSI:Topeka and a CSI was looking at this dead guy and saying "It looks like he was bored to death" or something like that. Sounds like where I live :)

2. County_Coroner

County_Coroner Witness

Big dog tees has a CSI: one with the dogs--one grissom n one catherine w/a bag of kitty litter it's really cute! i bought it of course lol

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Did anyone see how around Christmas, they had all the CBS stars in clay with Rudolph and Grissom and Catherine were in it. I know you all probably saw it but I loved it and it made me laugh cuz they really only have one line and it's Grissom going, interesting haha

4. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

One of my friends got this new shirt that mentions CSI, but it was in a different sense. It meant Can't Stand Idiots, loved it anyways.

5. prokaryote

prokaryote Witness

Our local news (DC) had a thing on the real CSIs that inspired the show. The woman who Cath is supposed to be really seems like her. But the guy Grissom portrays is actually hefty and bald. The Vegas lab was shown and really looks like an old warehouse as opposed to what we see on tv (I mean, I knew it wouldn't be as glam as tv makes it out to be, but it was pretty bad looking :p).

Oh yeah, and I saw a commercial on Lifetime for Unsolved Mysteries repeats that went like this: "Before CSI...Before Law and Order..." you get the point :)

6. hollie

hollie Pathologist

Yeah I saw that!! And I was freaking out .. of course!!

7. Mandis

Mandis Rookie

Isn't there a episode of CSI called Dead Ringer?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

They mentioned CSI on my local news. I think it was after CSI:Miami. They were at the state crime scene labs, and a lady who works there was complaining about how CSI makes it look like they have a fast turn around and all that, but really they had at least a six month back log. That everyone was getting mad at them for being so slow and not having the equipment they use on CSI.

Also read a book yesterday, Don of the Dead, where the girl mentions CSI a few times. Something about how she'd watched too much of it and now thought she was a detective.

9. meandmac

meandmac Rookie

they mentioned it on Coronation Street a british soap!
    Basically someone has been sending Gail cards and when we found out it was her son she was telling eileen (jasons mum) that it wasn't her and he said she didn't have the right MO he learnt it of CSI!! I know it sounds weird but i really like jason now.

10. AmandaSzmanda

The mentioned CSI on a radio station. Number 32 was Who Are You and the DJ said "I can't listen to that song anymore without picturing that guy smashing the dummy's head in and the blood smattering all over" and I was like "That guy has a name, Gruesom, I mean Grissom."

11. GumDrops

GumDrops Rookie

I read about CSI in a Meg Cabot novel called "Size Twelve is not Fat". There are a bunch of deaths in a residence hall, and the main character mentions how it's a lot harder than the people on CSI make it look, to solve a murder.

12. AmandaSzmanda

I love Meg Cabot, yet I haven't heard of that book, great now I have to go buy it.

13. newflame13

newflame13 CSI Level Two

MAd TV made a skit that made fun of CSI I thought it was funny as hell.
    Also On the TV land of awards thy made fun of CSI by sayin CSI:Mayberry. I so laughed.
    The carlos mencia one was halrious too, hehehe.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember that :lol: That one made me laugh but the Lenny Herny one didn't.

15. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

There's a reference to CSI in the reviews for Jeffrey Deaver's new Lincoln Rhyme book, " The Twelfth Card."

"Like the CBS hit CSI, Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme books have nearly fetishized crime scene procedures and technology...These details form the absorbing core of The Twelfth Card." ~ Entertainment Weekly.

Take Care,
    Dayna