Stargate

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hehehe..."Hathor" was a great episode.....my personal favorite was "Windows of Opportunity".... Jack riding through the base on a tricycle...that was classic! hehehehe...that ep was great!

Unfortunately I haven't really seen much of Atlantis (or SG-1 lately) becaues I started college and I don't have a TV/someone who wathcesStargate up there... which also means I don't go on the scifi board anymore 'cause i dont want all the super-spoilers from the people who've seen it...

I will agree that season 8 was not so hot....I finally got caught up (made my parents tape it for me...lol), and really, it didn't have much of a point.... :(

Hopefully next season will be better....I know they're getting some new cast members b/c RDA is leaving, so hopefully that will give the show some punch.....

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

RDA left for season 9 :(
    Oh, I just watched eppy 6x12 "Unnatural selection"
    I just hate replicators. LOL, it was soooo strange to see Ian Buchanan in Stargate as new level "Replicator" because last time I saw him he was in The Bold and the Beautiful :lol:

It was so sad when Sam promised they'll take Fifth with them and they didn't :(

ohoh, I swear there was a mistake!
    When they adjusted timer, Jack says to adjust it to 5mins and then shows with his fingers to adjust it to three minutes.
    When Sam finishes work, she says it will ...will... be activeted in 3mins! I swear I heard that...

3. v23474

v23474 Witness

Well, one of the new cast members is Ben "Farscape" Browder so that will keep up the hotness quotient. :D

4. Ducky

But no one can be better than RDA :(

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah...RDA jsut makes it sooo funny! I don't think it will be quite the same without him. :(

Oh! I saw some clips from Mobeus last night, and I thought it was SOOO funny to see Sam as a total nerd! It was wierd 'cause I would never picture her acting that way, and yet somehow...it fit!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It's not a mistake...Jack didn't trust the replicators....even Fifth, so he ordered Sam to set it for three mins w/ out Fifth knowing because he wanted to leave him behind. Jack didn't want to risk being betrayed and then having a bigger replicator problem on their hands. (basically, he wanted to avoid exactly what happened in the beginning of Season :cool:

I know, I can't wait....I watched Farscape from the time it aired, and petitioned with the rest to get the mini....I love Ben....he's such a great actor (and it doesnt hurt that he's gorgeous...just ask the hussies over at the BENATHON @ the scifi.com boards ....hehehehehe....and yes, if you happen to stumble across a MindGame over there, that's me... :D)

I have to say, though, I am severely depressed that RDA is leaving... there's just no comparison/replacement for him! I really wish he wasn't leaving the show, but life must go on, I suppose. :( *sigh*

lol....yeah...even though she really IS a nerd on the show, Moebius was kinda over the top...hehehehe... it was pretty funny, even if it was a rather odd episode... :D

7. Ducky

Uh, did I get this right. But Sam said loud "It's set to three minutes" Fifth heard that.
    Tho I can't check it ...

8. Ducky

Oo..another funny Jack moment.
    Episode 6x13 Sight Unseen

Hammond: I take it that's the artifact you mentioned. What is it?
    Sam: Actually we are not sure.
    Jack: I'd say some kind of bug zapper

:lol: I just love him.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

My favorite moment is on The Light when Sam and Jack are walking along the beach and she calls him Jack. He gets all upset 'cause she didn't say sir, and then they start fighting and grab eachother by the collar and say:
    Jack: Carter! You're in withdrawl!!
    Sam: Oh I'M in withdrawl??!!

:lol:

10. Guest

Guest Guest

lol....that was great...I loved that

hehehe...The first ep always crack me up as well...there are just so many BAD one- liners in it....like Sam's comment about "MacGuyver"ing the Stargate for instance....there's more, but I'm to lazy to type them, lol

Hmmm....I don't remember Fifth being there when she said that, otherwise he would have followed them, I would think...I can't remember the name of the ep, otherwise I'd check the transcripts to see....I may be wrong.....

11. Ducky

You mean this?

Sam Carter: It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a way to power the gate

:lol: it was hilarious!

Hey, it can be just a mistake, you know. Like in Miami one episode Calleigh says to Alexx "Togo is still on the scene".

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Yup, that's the quote! hehehehehe :lol:

I guess it could be a mistake, I just never took it to be that way...Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see next time I see that ep....maybe it's time we put that "arguement" to rest, lol....I tend to get rather one track sometimes.... ;)

Does anyone know when season 9 starts? I know it's in July sometime, but idk the actualy date.... :confused:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

That was a funny episode, Cat. :p

14. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

I love Stargate SG1 the original. I don't have much time for Atlantis. My favorite character has to be Daniel. I love the way he thinks and looks. I love how he actually feels for people, even though it gets him in trouble. He would give his life for anyone . He had a traumatic childhood,but always sees the good in people. Kind of reminds me of someone from CSI:LV (Nick). I have too many favorites. I love Need and Legacy and Torment of Tantalus.

Kasey

15. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Hmm. I've always wondered something. Isn't a little too conveniant that everyone uses almost the same form of english. What i mean is that the gang go to a planet and everything is called the same thing. EG: computer, roads, etc.
    The history of the planet and there have been different events is different so you'd think that words would be similar but not exactly the same.