Eurovision Song Contest 2006

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Ducky, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Sorry for double, *hides from C and Tinksy*

Lordi had press conference earlier in the week, where was all Finnish (and some foreign) media and they, mostly Mr. Lordi asked that no one would publish the pics of them without their masks, because it's his lifework and it wouldn't be nice if it would be ruined. He'd still like to walk his dog in peace.

So, of course, yesterday, tabloid magazine Seiska had put pic of Tomi (Mr. Lordi) to cover :rolleyes:

People have got so mad :lol: There's a online petition where people are setting boycot against this magazine. In a bit over a day, 170,000 people have signed it. From 93,300 different IP addresses. It's quite a lot when you consider our population is only 5.2million.

It's so strange. People take it very seriously and really feel that everyone wants to respect the wishes of the band.

Tomorrow they have a party at Market Place in Helsinki (I'm going there also :D ) I'm so scared how much there'll be people. It's a really small place. In Helsinki itself lives some 550,000. When Finland won its first (and only) Ice Hockey world Championship, there was 100,000 Finns there. And I swear now there will be even more.

Someone wrote to Seiska's webpage "I hope on Friday you'll wear a shirt of your magazine so we can spot you better and throw things on ya" :lol: I'd so throw rotten tomatoes.
    Now Lordi has asked fans not to go to violence when it comes to media/people who have insulted/violated wishes of the band.

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^I can't believe that was in our local newspaper. Lordi :eek: :lol:

3. roxy

roxy Prime Suspect

Of course I find this thread AFTER the ESC is over..great.
    Well I hope it's not too late: I wasn't surprised that we (Estonia) didn't get to the final. We haven't done well in the past years. Actually I still can't belive we won in 2001-I hated our song.
    I bet my friend that Finland will get 12 points from Estonia..I was right :D I was happy that Lordi won.
    So DaWacko did you go see them on friday,when they got back to Finland? Your president did as I can see: http://www.delfi.ee/news/paevauudised/pa...tureID=13009428 :D They also made a new karaoke world record there- 80000 people sang Hard Rock Hallelujah together.

4. Ducky

roxy, I was amazed also that Estonia didn't get into the final.

Oh yes I was there :D I was about 20m from the stage and FFS it was hard to get away :lol: Too bad we didn't make any cool sign and didn't get to TV :(
    It was sooo great, even we had to wait for 2h to anything to happen. We also cheered for our President :lol:

I think, after all, there was really close to 100,000. But by the time we sang that Hard Rock Hallelujah, there was that 70,000-80,000 :D It sounded so awesome, at least on TV :lol:

We were in bit bad spot and as a short person, it was bit difficult to see anthing (except people's hands waving in the air)

5. roxy

roxy Prime Suspect

Actually I said that I was NOT surprised that Estonia didn't get into the final :D The song just wasn't anything special.. Anyways I posted because I thought you might want to see a choir version (by estonians) of "Hard Rock Hallelujah" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2roPaSJdk0&search=tt%C3%BC :lol:

6. Ducky

^:lol: :lol: OMFG! That's great
    So you seem to like the song :p

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2007

For Duckie and the rest of the Finnish amusement we're sending these guys,who,I hope,won't win so another European country will have to deal with this freaky contest next year. ;)