"Ficlets" about CSI: LV - Give me suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hestia, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Alright, now I present the snicker interpretation of the season finale (be warned of the spoilers for those who haven't seen it). Gilbert suggested something more specific: Nick on the bed instead of Grissom. :D This is for all the snicker shippers out there who are bummed over the finale, here’s some kind of hope. I hope you all like it. :)

Sara was currently in the bathroom adjusting the belt of her robe. The guy had stamina and she never felt more passion and raw lust. She wrapped her arms around herself as she relished the memory of his touch. She could just go to the bed and join him under the covers, but she wanted to shower and feel more comfortable.

Nothing was more comfortable and beautiful than the robe she was wearing. It was cotton and flowery and the best part was that it was a present from the man in her life. She had nothing but fond memories of him whenever she wore it. As she brushed the hair out of her face she heard him talk outside. She didn’t expect him to start a conversation about the best way to die.

“…It’s weird. Some people think about how they want to leave this world… there’s something to be said about knowing when you’re time is up. I never understood that… Hell, I would never want my death laid out in front of me. I just wouldn’t be able to face it. It‘s not cowardly - is it?”
    She walked out, staring at him with a half serious, half amused face.

“No you‘re definitely not a coward. Nick, what brought this up?”
    He was lying back on her bed, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. He looked so handsome like that, but she couldn’t let herself be distracted.
    “I don’t know… I guess what happened to Brass. The hospital, the worry. I’ve been through a situation like that, you know,” he shifted uncomfortably.
    Sara understood. She wanted nothing more than to hold him and tell him everything would be okay.

“I guess, I was just wondering how it would be like. How would you like to die? Slow and peaceful or quick and painless?”
    She shook her head, “What kind of question is that?”
    He sat up, and motioned for her to get into bed with him.
    “Forget it… I guess… I don’t think about this a lot, but if I ever lost you, I would be crushed.”
    She nodded and joined him in bed.
    “I would be crushed too. I mean, if something ever happened to you… I don’t know what I would do,” she said softly. It was hard to talk about what happened to Nick before… in the coffin… but she had to let him know.
    “When I saw you in that box, I almost died inside.” She leaned her head against his broad shoulder. He was her rock. She needed him, and she didn’t want to think about what would happen if he ever left her.

“Nick, don’t talk about death… it just…”
    “Kills the mood?”
    “Yeah! It’s not romantic,” She tried to lighten the atmosphere a bit.
    “I’m sorry, Sar.” He wrapped an arm around her. “I don’t know why I even brought it up. We were having such a nice evening too.” He smiled as he gazed at her.
    She snuggled into his arms.
    “Do you still have the dreams?” She didn’t need to elaborate. He knew what she was talking about.
    With a reassuring smile he answered, “No. Not since you came into my life, darlin’.”
    She never grew tired of his compliments, they always made her day…
    As she thought about his dreams, she remembered something that struck her as oddly funny.
    Nick caught her snort and noticed she was trying to contain her laughter… He gave her a look, wondering what was so funny.
    “Why are you smiling?”
    “I just… I remembered this weird dream I had a few nights ago.”
    He pulled her in closer, “Tell me about it.”
    She shook her head, not wanting to reveal how absurd it was.
    “No. It’s too embarrassing.”
    “Sara, we don’t keep secrets,” he chastised gently.
    She shook her head in agreement, still feeling silly about even bringing it up.

“Well, if you must know… it was after Brass survived. And how happy we all were.”
    She smiled at the memory of Brass waking up. Everyone was so relieved and glad that the cop pulled through.

“Uh huh?” His curiosity was peaking.
    “Well, the next think I knew… I found myself in this overly decorated room and Grissom was talking about cancer or something…. And he was wearing this weird, blue robe!”
    Nick chuckled lightly.
    “Not funny, Nick! It was weird… and kind of creepy.”
    “You think your subconscious is trying to tell you something?” Nick teased.
    “Yeah,” she looked him right in the eye, “If you buy a hideous blue Hawaiian shirt - I will burn it.”
    He laughed out loud, “Duly noted.”
    “Good. Now, let’s get some rest.” She started to reach for the lamp, but Nick held her back. His arms were tightly wrapped around him, and she knew what he was thinking.
    “I’m not very tired,” he drawled softly.
    Sara gave him an enticing look. “Neither am I, cowboy...”

I figured the snickers would appreciate that Sara thouht the whole scene with Grissom was just a bizarre dream. :lol: Please leave all feedback, suggestions, corrections and anything of the sort, right here. ;)

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I love it. Thanks. I will let you know if I give anothe suggestion story.

3. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

wow I LOVED IT Hestia it brightened my day

4. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

Funny thing is, while I was at the funeral there was a little Brownie (A girl scout, in grades 1-3) and I was suppose to take care of her, and I told her since she was a brownie I was going to eat her (Sort of ended up like this story). I loved it. Now I have to go think of another weird one. I'll be back.

5. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

Hestia I really appreciated that Snickers ficlet :) Now if that would have been there a smile would have been on my face for sure! You've made my day sooo much better. Always nice to read a very well written sweet Snickers fic. Great job and thanks sooo much for writing it. Us Snickers did need a pick me up that's for sure!

6. Sandles21

Sandles21 CSI Level One

Can you make me another sandle fic? Have it where Greg asks Sara to the zoo and they end up holding hands and in the end he gets a kiss :D

7. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I am starting to take too long on posting my responses! Well, I’ve finished _jessica’s request for the sandles ficlet where Sara and Greg recognize each other from an earlier meeting. Hope you like it. :)

California dreaming… sandy beaches, warm sun, sparkling oceans. Who would ever want to leave?

Sara was catching up on some reading as she sat under the docks by the beach.
    Some people would think she was insane for simply reading at the beach. After all, she could just as easily read at home.
    But the sound of the waves and the salty sea air lent a tranquil mood that was perfect for reading her new summer novel.

A Frisbee whizzed by and landed at her feet.
    “What the-?”
    “Sorry! It’s mine.”
    Off in the distance, she could see a lean, slightly built guy with spiky hair. She was a little annoyed that his Frisbee interrupted her at the best part of the chapter.

He ran up to her, leaning down and panting a bit. From his heavy breathing, and fair skin she could tell he wasn’t very athletic.
    He grabbed his Frisbee and stared at her.
    “Uh, sorry about that. I guess I don’t know my own strength.”
    “I doubt it,” she mumbled.
    He either didn’t hear her, or chose to ignore it, “I’m Greg by the way.”
    She looked at his outstretched hand, not sure if she should shake it or what.
    “I don’t have cooties. Ummm, what did you say your name was?”
    “I didn’t say anything. I’m trying to read.”
    “Oh.”

Rather than take a hint, he looked over her shoulder.
    “Huckleberry Finn? That’s a high school book,” He smiled.
    She memorized the page before shutting the book loudly. His goofy smile didn’t deter her.
    “Can I help you with anything?”
    “You can help me by telling me your name.”
    He was unbelievable.
    “Are you flirting with me?” She asked.

It wasn’t often a guy tried to strike up a conversation on the beach. Especially if she tried to ignore him.
    “That’s one way to look at it. But I just wanted to know why you’re here all alone reading…. at the beach.”
    She fixed him a stare before answering, “If you must know, I like reading here. The solitude is welcomed and the waves are comforting.”

His lopsided smile didn’t fade and she felt her frown fading. His good humor was infectious, and before she knew it, she found her self smiling.
    “Well, you have a beautiful smile. I’m glad I stuck around to see it.”
    “Yeah well… if you’re going to stick around, I’ll have to find another place to read.” She started to go.
    “Aww… I didn’t mean to drive you out of your favorite hang-out.”
    His hand was on her shoulder, she didn’t know what to say if anything.
    “This is my last day here, so you don’t have to worry about me,” he twirled the Frisbee idly in one hand - his other hand was still on her shoulder.

“You don’t live here?” She surprised herself by how disappointed she sounded.
    “Nah… I was hoping for a tour… probably from a cute local,” he hinted.
    She shrugged off his hand.
    He continued undeterred, “I’m going to work in Vegas. Maybe you can look me up someday. Sanders - Greg Sanders.” He tried his best James Bond impression.

She just shook her head and laughed at him. “I’ll think about it.” She watched him run off.

‘Sanders… Greg Sanders…’

~~~~~~
    His hair was the first thing she recognized when she walked into the lab. How many people had that same hair style… and smile?
    “What can I do for you?” He turned around and his eyes grew a bit wide.
    “Umm… swabs,” she managed to say, after handing him the swabs.
    “Do I know you from somewhere?” The lab tech carefully took the swab and ran it.

“I’m new here, but you can call me Sidle. Sara Sidle.” She grinned at him as realization dawned on him.
    “You’re the girl from California!”
    She shrugged, still smiling, “Not anymore. And I’ve thought about it…. Mind giving me a tour?”
    “I’ll bring the Frisbee you can bring the book.” He grinned.

I'm glad so many people were cheered up by my ficlets (particularly the snicker people! ;))
    Sandles21, your suggestion is on my to-do list.

8. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

I figured it out! You have to make a CSX one mentioning all of there weird mascots (Apartments, Ferrais, Watches, Trains, and Radio Stations)

9. _jessica

_jessica Witness

aww!
    i loved it.
    the only thing i disliked was that fact that it was too short. =P

10. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Awww!!! That was cute... Sandles cheer me up :)

More? :D

11. Sandles21

Sandles21 CSI Level One

I loved it... what am I saying? i always do... :lol:

12. hollie

hollie Pathologist

I love all of your ficlets .. especially the Sandles ones!! :D

13. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I sure did get a lot more sandle reviews than usual! (I wonder if it was because of what I said about the snicker shippers? :lol:) Anyway, here’s the zoo request from Sandles21. I hope she likes it. (As well as the other sandles who may read this. ;))

“What are you doing tomorrow?”
    “Hello to you too, Greg.”
    “Oh, sorry. Hi.”
    Sara was buried in files and photographs from her crime scene. She had to give him credit though - he was persistent.
    “I guess you know that I’m taking a day off tomorrow.”

He took a seat next to her.
    “Yeah. And I have a day off tomorrow too. Doesn’t that tell you something?”
    She barely looked up at him, “We won‘t see each other at work tomorrow?”
    He sighed, “Unless, you don’t have any plans and you’d… maybe like to join me… tomorrow.”
    She finally lifted her head and stared at him.
    “You mean a date?”
    “An outing. Unless you want it to be…”
    “Okay.”
    He did a double take.
    “What?”
    She clarified, “Okay. Where should we meet tomorrow? And what time?”
    He was grinning, a little surprised that she finally accepted.
    “I’ll swing by your place. Here’s my number, and we can talk specifics.”
    He slipped her a scarp of paper with his number written on it. She looked at it for a moment, wondering why she accepted his proposal so quickly.
    With a shrug, she pocketed the note and went back to work.

~~~~~~~~
    They trailed along the tour, half listening to what was being said and half looking at the animals to judge for themselves.
    Greg was remarkably knowledgeable about most of the animals.

“..... And here you can see the last family of Barbary Apes in the United States. We are very proud to have them. Now moving on...”
    “Wanna ditch the tour?”
    Sara didn’t have a chance to answer, before he grabbed her sleeve and dragged her towards the reptile area.

“Well this is nice.”
    “Actually, I brought you here to show you my animals.”
    She looked at him, wondering what he was talking about.
    “You see those two turtles over there?”
    She squinted at the small brownish reptiles in their shells. One of them was eating some kind of shrubbery.
    “Yeah?”
    “I adopted those two Desert Tortoises.” Greg took out a small certificate, showing it off to Sara, like a proud father bragging about his baby pictures.
    “Really? How much?” She read the little certificate.
    “Just twenty five bucks, each.”
    “What did you name them?”
    She wasn’t sure if she wanted to know. But curiosity was killing the cat...

“I named them after my Papa Olaf and Nana Olaf.” He grinned, “They remind me of them. Kinda slow to walk but they really care about each other.”
    He pointed out the two tortoises who looked like they were affectionately nuzzling one another. She was surprised, not expecting his answer.

“Wow. That is so sweet.” She reached out and grabbed his hand.
    “I figured you’d like that.”
    “You didn’t do it to impress me, did you?”
    “No. The date is on the certificate; I did this a while ago. Besides, if I wanted to impress you, I’d flex my pecs.”
    She burst out laughing and squeezed his hand.

After they finished the exhibit they made their way to a small corner of he zoo expanse. No one was around, and Sara was still smiling from their 'date.'
    She didn't expect him to be so charming, and sweet. A she looked around, she felt something stirring inside her. What came over her could only be described as spur-of-the-moment impulse.
    Sara leaned in and kissed Greg. It was a soft peck on the lips that ended before it began.
    The kiss barely registered in their minds, which was evident when she pulled back. Greg had a blank face.

"..."
    There was an awkward silence, neither of them sure of what to say, but wanting to break the silence somehow.

“Did you just kiss me?” He finally got it out.
    “Yeah, I did,” she smiled.
    “Good. So I won't feel awkward after doing this,” he grabbed her arm and pulled her in for another kiss.

Aww, so cute. Especially the tortoise parts. I verified it on the Las Vegas Zoo website. :) Now to work on AmandaSzmanda's CSX-mascot challenge. She has filled in the void left by SinCityx in terms of "crazy challenges"! :lol:

14. Sandles21

Sandles21 CSI Level One

That was soooo good!!!

15. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!

(Enough said :))