Share YourInteresting Thoughts Rewatching The Series

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by xforce11, Apr 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

When we watch a series for the first time (unless we are listening to podcasts about it) we miss things. I starting watching CSI in Season 2 (I mistakenly thought I had seen parts of S1 but was wrong) back in the day. Now that I'm watching it again via Hulu and ion TV network, I'm catching things I missed. I'm also catching things I would not have caught, like stars I like today. So take this thread and share the things you are noticing as you rewatch. Let's have fun with it!

2. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

Doc. Robbins didn't show up until S1 E6. It was so weird not seeing them in those first 5 ep.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I started a re-watch a while ago (currently stalled at season 4) and I always forget that Doc Robins hasn't been there since day 1.

xforce11 likes this.
  4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Currently on season 5. Lots of things to appreciate in this season. Especially the renewed building of GSR. ❤️
    It's back to the somewhat lighter tone. Also, gotta love Mia, aka Aisha Tyler. And the Sara/Greg friendship.

5. JorjaFoxFan

I also just started season 5! seasons 5-7 are the golden years for me and I'm so excited to be watching them again. I love how GSR kind of found its stride in season 5.

I just finished Down the Drain (5x02) and I never realized the bully was Jesse Plemmons... he would've only been about 17 years old at the time 0.0

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Omg...he was so creepy in that episode. And I loved him in Fargo.
    Now starting Season 6...❤️

7. JorjaFoxFan

You beat me to it :) I'm still on season 5. I forgot how much I really like Sofia as a character.. I haven't heard anything about Louise Lombard in a looong time.

EDIT: It's been so long since someone has been semi-active on this forum, I miss these discussions!

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

TBH, I didn't like Sofia at first. Clearly, she was a distraction from GSR, and a Mary Sue trope. But it's TVdrama, and someone has to do it. Once TPTB decided not to make her a love interest for Grissom, I liked her better.

9. JorjaFoxFan

exactly! I always remembered her as nothing but a stopper in the GSR arc but I forgot that once they turned away from that trope, she was actually a really likable character.

In retrospect, from a GSR standpoint, her presence actually kind of helped to confirm the relationship what through the jealous stares :p

I only started consistently watching CSI every week for the last half of season 6 onwards. When was GSR even first suspected? obviously looking back there's hints from the first episode on but I wonder when the fans first copped on and started purporting it?

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

TBH, I stopped watching CSI regularly after season 3. RL was busy and I wasn't all that interested in Grissom's loss of hearing or Catherine's drama. I can't say I was even a GSR fanatic, though I realized I missed their interaction when they pulled back from that storyline. I just didn't know why, so I drifted away. But after the season 6 finale and the GSR reveal, I was hooked. I went back and rewatched seasons 4 through 6. Butterflied! Omg.
    As for casual viewers, like me at the time, I would have to say the Bite Me scene was the tell. And the rest of the season certainly reinforces all the GSR now-in-an-intimate-relationship subtext. It made me appreciate the writers and what they FINALLY committed to.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  11. kris44

kris44 Witness

I wish I could watch the whole show. I’ve watched season 10, a part of season 11. And then a few seasons with Ted Danson. I think I’ll never be able to watch the whole show. There were so many good show that time: CSI NY, CSI Miami, NCIS… And I’m afraid they won’t re-broadcast it anymore in my country. Just like some other shows: Hawai-five-O, Blue Bloods. But I’m watching MacGyver with George Eads as part of the cast. I think he stands out well in this show.

12. JorjaFoxFan

^ Which country are you in? They're available on dvd in all regions, but you may be able to stream them too... This isn't available in Canada, but I know in the US Hulu has all the early seasons.

You're really missing out on a lot of the magic by not seeing the first (at least) 7 seasons!

13. kris44

kris44 Witness

I'm from Belgium (Europe). And indeed, perhaps I can buy the DVD's. If I'll find them of course.
    Maybe I can borrow them from the library too.
    But you've convinced me to watch the show. The show may be cancelled. It's like a book. If the story is good. You want to reread it.
    And if I watch the show on DVD I can choose English subtitles instead of Dutch (my native language) to learn English.
    So I hope I'll find the first season somewhere.

14. JorjaFoxFan

ah that's such a cool idea :) I could be wrong but amazon used to have the whole series on region 2 discs. Library is obviously the best if they have it. I'm so excited for you!

15. kris44

kris44 Witness

[QUOTE="JorjaFoxFan, post: 1270012, member: 15499" Library is obviously the best if they have it. I'm so excited for you![/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. And they've got season 1, 3,4, 6 and 8. But somebody else booked season 1. So I have to wait for a while.