What's one thing you wish hadn't happened in CSI?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by dna1009, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Grissom leaving
    Catherine and Nicky Leaving
    Warrick dying
    Grissom and Sara getting back together

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

One of the biggest would be focusing more on cases/forensics instead of so much on CSIs in danger. Specifically in the later seasons.

I wish Grissom appeared here and there in season 10 until the end. It didn't have to be all the time, but just a few times a season. Also couldn't he have just been the new Mrs. Robbins and Phillips, heard about but never seen and still lived in LV. Instead being away so much.

I wish Catherine had left to join the fight against water pollution, think back to The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp. Not really crazy about her joining the FBI.

More screentime for Greg at times. Also I wish they had explored his longing more respect in season 10.

I also wish he and Morgan got together at the end of the show.

I wish Nick had more continuity on his Stalker and Grave Danger storylines. The macho/tough guy thing got old. As did gun toting Super Nick. It made like every other character on the CBS procedurals. Also show more of his nerdiness and quirks. Those are what made him unique. Like how he watched too much TV and liked birds in the early seasons.

I wish Heather's granddaughter had never died. She suffered enough in season 6 and 7.

Happy Grissom likes this.
  3. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

Lady Heather: Leave Out All The Rest (Still having a hard time to figure out what was she trying to do to Grissom)
    Lady Heather: Immortality (Still wanting/waiting to hear from Bruckheimer why he'd insist on having her as the center piece of the series finale)

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

One thing?
    FMN with the GSR breakup. This is, probably, the only episode I refuse to watch again...ever.
    I understand why tptb felt the need to distance themselves from Grissom, since WP wasn't returning; but how they did it was such a slap in the face to WP, and his exit arc, that it totally didn't make sense. (And isn't CSI suppose to be about the HOW?) GSR and Grissom/WP fans were dismissed, off-handedly, and for no good reason. No surprise that ultimately it didn't end well for tptb. Bottom line, the breakup should have never happened.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  5. Happy Grissom

Agreed. Placing Grissom in Paris wasn't really a well thought out plan. By spelling out the exact geographical location, TPTB basically wrote themselves into a corner that they had no clue how to write their way out of it! We really didn't have to see Grissom on screen; just having his name mentioned in conversation was good enough for me. Why couldn't they work a fake phone call scene here and there? Why couldn't Grissom teach locally? Or writing/editing textbooks? Or conducting seminars? I really hated the way they broke GSR up! Over the phone! Jeez. No respect to either characters. No respect to fans. I also blame the writer; I think that person only wrote one or two episodes prior to this assignment.

So guess I can add one more thing to the list:

Poor script writings

beachlady likes this.
  6. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

It wasn't necessary to break Grissom and Sarah up to have Sarah return to the show. They could have simply returned to Vegas so Sarah could return to her career, while Grissom lived in Vegas, maybe working in academia or the private sector. He could still be "in town" while no longer interacting with the rest of the cast. When I've left a job, no matter how much I like my coworkers, I don't constantly drop in on them...even though they're only ten minutes away. Life changes. People move on and drift apart. It would have been fine for Grissom to simply be around but unseen.

7. beachlady

beachlady Victim

Poor script writings[/QUOTE]
    Script writing is the backbone of any procedural--and CSI lost its best writers--or put them in other jobs--after the writers strike.
    One mistake was Langston. Another was putting Grissom in Paris instead of an unseen spouse in Vegas--that never made sense.
    Top mistake was "Forget Me Not" and the destruction of GSR in 38 seconds! Clearly, someone in charge just because said person managed to hang on to a job wanted to prove a point--her long distance marriage didn't work out so why should anyone else with a long distance marriage stay married!

8. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

Anything after Season 4.

9. Happy Grissom

Sorry; but I must beg to differ. I think the series could or should have ended with the airing of S9E10.

jafox likes this.
  10. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I wish Grissom never left. I wish Warrick would be ok in real life.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Grissom and Sara leaving
    Warrick dying
    Brass and Nick leaving
    GSR breaking up...at least they fixed it.

Grissom is the big one though. It definitely wasn't the same after he left, although it got way worse when Paul and George left. And the fact that the writers kept saying we wouldn't like Grissom being local and teaching or whatever, that we'd expect to see him, made Grissom leaving even worse. I agree, it was a big slap in the face.

NY:
    Stella leaving. I did get to like Jo, but i missed Stella a lot. I'd have really been torn up if it was her they wanted to hook Mac up with instead of Jo.
    Angell dying. It was frustrating that it was driven entirely by money. But if they couldn't afford to pay her anymore, I wish they'd have written her out instead of killing her off. And then they brought in Lovato, who was like Angell take two, and that wasn't the best thing either. I'm not sure how they could've worked it differently, but it was sad.

Miami: Speedle dying. For some reason, I couldn't get to liking the later episodes, after he left, as much.

Cyber: I never really watched, but I heard they had DB indicate he was divorced...I wish they'd have let him get to the end of the franchise happily married so we'd have had at least one like that. Everyone else was single, divorced or widowed...unless you count Mac in the end of NY. I know it annoyed some that he called her a lot on regular CSI but still, I didn't like it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017