Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I thought that it was just a writter that he got into a fight with and kicked?
    They should have just stuck with the suspension, like CSI did with George Eads. Thomas Gibson's
    character is a very big part of the show. He did apologize, and he knew he was wrong for what he did,
    but, from what I understand; he was directing that episode.
    I have a feeling that they will bring him back, when they see how many viewers they lost, and also the
    out cry from viewers, just like when they got rid of A.J. and Paget.

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I don't know what to think. It's not the years when CSI with Petersen had 25-30 millions and later great more than 15. Now CM have 9 mln and drop of 2,3 millions overall and from 1.8 on 1.4/1.3 could mean end. Maybe bringing someone really good in bussiness for the show could handle this. But not someone like Sinise who I always will treat like Taylor from CSI.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I mean, CSI carried on for seven *cough*atrocious*cough* seasons after losing William Petersen. Grissom was that show, without him it was an entirely different beast that a lot of original viewers simply gave up on. Me included.
    Somehow that show managed to get new audiences interested in brand new characters, and find a niche where it continued on for years with decent viewership.
    As long as the studio sees a profit, CM is safe.

I love Criminal Minds and I wouldn't wish on it the fate of CSI. The show has already declined enough for me to be disinterested, and I think losing someone like Thomas Gibson is a huge blow.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Personally I had no intentions on watching this season unless they get/got a guest star I like. I lost all interest in the show last season and only watched the one episode guest starring David Paetkau. With the ratings going down like they have been I always figured it was destined to be cancelled in a few years anyways. That's part of the reasons why Beyond Borders has gotten a second 13 ep season.
    Writer / producer.
    There are major differences - George Eads never did get physical, he yelled and threatened to quit and was officially put on a "leave of absence" after threatening to quit. It was the first offense for George Eads and Thomas Gibson's second offense - he was made to take anger management classes the first time. And the writer/producer went to his agent and then they went to CBS. With George it was handled within the "CSI" production - never made it up to CBS.

Thomas Gibson did it to himself, he should have used what he learned in that anger management class. Once it got to CBS they could not take any chances of another "possible" Charlie Sheen incident.

5. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

He's on Scorpion.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I watched CSI after Grissom's leaving and was some really really great episodes but it was something different. Maybe something like CSI Miami without Caine.
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/08/criminal-minds-season-12-thomas-gibson.html

If I understand Gibson want sue producers of the show...

Edit: some people in comments there saying that Paget could be great as a lead and I think it's good idea but how to keep her overall...

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Why would Mr. Patrick leave the CBS show he's already on, Scorpion, to join Criminal Minds? Nope--not gonna happen. And Hawaii Five-0 is NOT about to be cancelled, so forget that, too. I was talking about this with a friend on another board, and if the other stories that came out that said Virgil Williams, the writer/producer, provoked Thomas, and he was just protecting himself, why didn't he also get suspended and/or fired? I think the true story will never come out. :(

Just read this...

Thomas Gibson Mulls Lawsuit Over Criminal Minds Firing as New Details Emerge

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  8. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

It doesn't matter if Gibson was "provoked". If my boss gets in my face, and I kick them. Guess what??! I'd get my a$$ fired. There is absolutely, positively no excuse for violence in the workplace. PERIOD!!!!!!!

9. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Why everybody keep thinking Virgil Williams is a boss which he is not boss. Erica Messer is the boss, ABC is the higher boss. Virgil is the Producer/Writers. I read somewhere that Virgil got in Thomas's face but Thomas walked away from him. Virgil went after him. Thomas defense himself. I think Thomas was set up to get rid of him. Don't be surprise Joe be next. They want go in different direction and that's won't work.

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

In my opinion Elementary and Hawaii should cancel season ago. But it's just my opinion.
    It must be something deeper than this what we know cause looking from logic side - you don't take lawyers when you are guilty and your reputation is on line. So that is very weird thing.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Unless you can provide a link to an article/story to back this up lets keep the rumors to other boards and stick to facts. That is just most likely the fan on IMDB who has yet to provide a link to back-up anything he/she has said.
    Considering the show has been going downhill in not only quality but ratings lately there are a lot easier ways for CBS to deal with things. Hell, announce it as a shortened season to which the end will be the END. It was never as good ratings wise as "CSI" or "NCIS" so there's not really much money in it for CBS to drive it into the ground like they did with "CSI". If they end it they can finally stop the revolving door of actors and it might end up being remembered for the good show that it was instead of what it became!

12. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I don't intend to get deep into the whole Gibson incident because I don't have all the details or facts. I wasn't there and don't have the scoop. Maybe he did deserve to get fired, maybe not, I don't know. But I really hope they write the character out in a fair way, by for example making it about how Hotch needs to be there for his son more and thus does leave the job voluntarily. That would make sense, and be in character, because he has actually been considering it before especially when Haley died. It would also be something less likely to really upset fans, because while maybe Gibson deserves to be fired and maybe he'd even deserve his character being killed off making it impossible for a future return - WE don't deserve that. Fans who have loyally followed the show for years don't deserve that, it really wouldn't be fair on us. So hopefully they take that into consideration.

Personally I will continue watching because I've been with them since day one and that's quite a lot of years of love, but I would be really upset if they killed him off. I do hope however that this will be the last season because while I still love the show there has been so many cast changes that at some point enough just has to be enough. Let it end before it goes completely down the hill and gets really bad.

13. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

If I were a betting man, I'd say it goes down something like this:

After Hotch has been away on "temporary duty" Garcia goes into Hotch's office one morning only to find Hotch's belongings gone and Cruz waiting in the office.

The team is assembled, Cruz informs them that a personal and credible threat has been made on the life of Hotch after he got too close to a case during that temporary duty. For Hotch's safety and that of his son, he's been reassigned to a field office somewhere off the beaten path and has been told to lie low until this all blows over.

Depending on how pissed the producers are with Gibson, Hotch could stay away indefinitely, choosing not to return to the BAU after settling into his new position, or even killed offscreen.

Cruz steps in on a recurring basis to lead the team until a permanent replacement is found.

Might I recommend Mahershala Ali if they go the outside hire route?

Failing that, maybe Forest Whitaker's Sam Cooper from the failed "Suspect Behavior" if they want to bring back a familiar face?

14. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

If they decide not to bring Hotch back ( I hope they do), than they should leave it as is, and make Rossi the team leader.
    I really hope the producers and CBS get their heads out of their asses and bring Thomas Gibson back.
    I don't think the show will be the same without him. But, I could be wrong!

15. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run