Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

It's good to see this. Maybe I'm mad but they could bring Navarro into CM :D that they have killings in Miami and then is Horatio Caine :D

Personally I think that they add Adam character with Tara :D

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Probably won't be watching as I practically had no desire to watch last season (only managed to watch 1 episode) but the 12th season starts on Wednesday September 28th.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

(I'm posting updates in various threads, so here we go! :))

Paget Brewster will be back as Emily Prentiss during season 12! Here's the CSI Files article (7 tweets/photos), which indicates she'll appear in several episodes. It was also confirmed that Aisha Tyler would return in a recurring capacity.

Also, Adam Rodriguez posed for CBS Watch! Magazine, and you can find a photo link and four behind-the-scenes videos in this CSI Files article. BTW, his character's name is Luke Alvez.

Here are several CSI Files articles with collections of tweets/photos relating to season 12 filming:

‘Criminal Minds’ Starts Filming On Monday (66 tweets/photos)
    Check Out ‘Criminal Minds’ Season 12 Set Photos (1 video and 33 tweets/photos)
    Take A Look At More ‘Criminal Minds’ Tweets & Set Photos (80 tweets/photos)

Kirsten Vangsness was at Comic-Con last month, which is where she announced that Brewster would be returning, and indicated that Tyler would appear in season 12 as well. She and Tyler James Williams (from Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders) also said there will be more cameos/crossovers between the shows this year. You can find videos, photos, etc from Comic-Con in this CSI Files article. (Contains 130+ videos/tweets/photos, so it will load slowly!)

Finally, you can find info about the season 11 DVDs in this article from CSIFiles, which are scheduled for an August 30 release. Here's the cover art:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  4. blackflag

I watched 1 episode, in it's entirety last season so I probably won't be watching this season. Things are starting to get a bit crowded for any decent screen time!

Criminal Minds: Aisha Tyler Promoted to Series Regular for Season 12

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

That's great news for Aisha. I didn't want her to get kicked out with Adam being hired, and Paget coming back for a few episodes. :)

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Do you hear, Thomas Gibson has been suspend for least 0ne, likely two episode. He is nix for director. He got altercation with the producer.

7. blackflag

"Deadline" says producer.
    Thomas Gibson Suspended From ‘Criminal Minds’ Over On-Set Altercation
    Hollywood.com says writer...
    Thomas Gibson suspended from Criminal Minds – report

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  8. Faylinn

^^I saw reports that it was Virgil Williams, who is both a writer and producer. Either way, that sucks. :( It sounds like it wasn't that serious (or at least they're spinning it that way), but kicking someone is still completely inappropriate. Ugh.

9. blackflag

Glad I'm not planning on watching!

‘Criminal Minds’: Thomas Gibson Fired in Wake of On-Set Altercation

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Ouch! Wow. Well, this changes EVERYTHING...:(

11. KSPerry

KSPerry Victim

I love Criminal Minds, but I don't think the show can survive without him. I read once that someone of TPTB said that the show continues since TG be there. Now, I don't know. Violence is a pretty serious stuff and for what I read both sides were to blame.

12. Faylinn

Yikes! :eek: Violence has consequences, and if there was a fight at any other job, getting fired would likely be the result, so I get it. It sucks to lose a main cast member who has been there since the beginning, but the network had to do what they thought was right.

I'm sure the ratings will go down, the way they always do when a main cast member leaves, but there are several original (or long-term) characters still around. I think Garcia, Reid, JJ and Rossi are still a big draw for the longtime viewers; plus there's Aisha coming back (although I know she's a divisive character, but I like her), Adam Rodriguez joining (who still has fans from CSI: Miami and his other roles, some of whom are likely to tune in), and fan-favorite Paget doing a recurring stint. So I think there are plenty of reasons to keep people watching, and a full ensemble to entertain the fans. (Then again, if I'm honest, I never felt much of a connection to Hotch, so maybe I'm biased. :oops:) In any case, I'm sure ratings will go down, but I wouldn't assume the show is automatically over. If it is, it's not going to be because of any one thing, but a combination (the age of the show, several lost cast members, etc).

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I'm shocked to be honest. And I see two ways now for show:
    1. Will lost viewers to around 1.5/1.4 and will move on fridays (Hawaii will cancel)
    2. It will be the final season cause series drop more than 1.4.
    I didn't expect that at all.
    And I'm predict that Hotch story will end with Mr. Scratch and I think that he will kill him and rest of the team (with Paget and maybe Morgan will join) will want catch him. I don't see at this point other option - it will 100% center with Mr.Scratch - Hotch relation.

14. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

This was a total shock to me. I thought they would only suspend him for a few episodes like they did with George Eads on CSI a few years ago. There must have been much more going on than just "creative differences". However, there's absolutely no excuse for workplace violence, and I think they did the right thing, regardless of how it effects the show.

That being said, this is now an excellent opportunity for CBS to actually practice that diversity casting that they have preaching for the past few seasons. Instead of hiring another white male actor to lead the team, I would love to see them cast a mature minority actress, someone like Angela Bassett, Lorraine Toussaint, Eva Mendes, Maggie Q or Sarah Shahi. Who knows? It could possibly lead to a new creative spark for the show.

15. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

The show survived Mandy Patinkin jumping ship. CSI survived several years (good ones IMO) without William Petersen. The various Law & Order shows turned over their entire casts throughout their runs.

Criminal Minds will be fine. (Personally I've felt that Hotch hasn't seen much development the last few years anyways...he's just become the archetype hard-ass boss.)

If they're looking to replace Gibson (and I suspect they will) my pick would be Robert Patrick...someone who's about the same age, used to the daily grind of a TV series, is great at the kicking down doors stuff and knows what it's like to step into a long-running series and replace the lead (X-Files)

Whatever they do, it sounds like this isn't the first time Thomas Gibson's been written up for this sort of workplace incident. He also got slapped with a DUI a few years back. Clearly he's got some baggage that he's been bringing to work with him.

This sort of behavior wouldn't be tolerated in any other workplace. Show business should be no exception.