CSI: Cyber cancelled

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, May 12, 2016.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

A.D.A.M. made a post in a different thread here, but I thought we should have a thread specifically about the cancellation.

Here's an article on CSI Files, including some cast tweets/Instagram posts.

:(

2. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

And here's the link to Hollywood Reporter article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/csi-cyber-canceled-at-cbs-893292

Can somebody tell me what will happen to this site? Will it remain a viable one? Will it be able to carry on?

Thanks.

3. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think that people who are responsible for this decision (even with ratings) are CBS. I talked since beggining - Cyber should be on summer (or winter possible as mid-season). They do same thing with Miami which they cut. And wonder why they cancel when it earn huge $...

4. Faylinn

The news site added the NCIS and Criminal Minds shows a few years ago, once we were down to just the original CSI (I believe this was before Cyber was announced), so we're continuing on for the time being. (Who knows what the future will bring?) I'm not sure if there would be any sort of name change or anything like that, but we'll see.

Plus as far as the CSI shows themselves go, they always seem to be airing repeats somewhere. It's sad to see the franchise end, but it was inevitable. That doesn't mean we can't keep talking about it, even if the message board isn't very active anymore. :)

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The Trek site is still going strong so I would expect Talk CSI to stay around unless everybody leaves.

Summer is where shows go that won't survive the regular season. This is a "CSI" it was expected to be a regular season hit. The franchise makes big money in the US and internationally. "CSI: Cyber" however was the lowest rated show on the network, which means that is was most likely not making enough money individually for the network. The only thing that may have worked for it was moving it over to CW where lower ratings are expected but it's demo ratings may have been too low for even that (& you come back to the its at "CSI" and it's expected to get ratings on the 'big' network!).

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Of course, I understand but sometimes is good to risk. In Poland there is no summer or even winter shows (weird as hell) but one network bring one series on summer and they were shocked - people watched! It was something like discover America, seriously. Now it's not important, they cancel it, but we know that could be better.

7. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Though I thought it was a good show ( interesting idea), not has good as the first 3 CSI's. Not to surprised that it
    got cancelled.

8. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

Thank you. It's good to know. I really would love to have this site around as long as CSI is shown somewhere. Even the old CSI episodes are so much superior than lots of current shows I get to see on my TV screen.

Let me state here how much I have enjoyed what this site has to offer. Some of the episode discussion comments from our fellow site members are pure gems. They can easily bring a blush to some of the 'professional columnists'. And kudos, too, to the moderators for being able to keep the site an open place for fans to express and discuss different point of views. It's a good feeling to have knowing this site would not be overrun by one camp or another ( - even it's rather disconcerting to recognize there're a handful of fans having the tendencies to bash some particular character(s) no matter what thread page they're on).

I am one die-hard CSI fan, and will not get tired of talking about this beloved show of mine. Yes, it does get lonely not to see other fans here. So, to all the CSI fans out there, come on. Do come back and let's get the ball rolling again.

9. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I admittedly didn't even watch the second season because I knew it wasn't going to last. I'll probably watch all of them sometime in the summer.

Cyber was a far cry from the first few seasons of CSI. I hope the next iteration is something more serialized and a little darker in tone.

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I don't get it another thing - shows with bad numbers like Elementary or Hawaii 5-O get 24 and 25 episodes this season and for example Criminal Minds get 22. Where is logic? That CM is 11-year old show and for example Hawaii is 6 year old?

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Elementary and H5O probably get more episodes because they're younger and cheaper to produce. CM probably gets less because it's older and more expensive.

12. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

It's probably right but a little stupid. CBS started to made mistakes. The same like NBC with Chicago series.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Not really surprised to hear CSI:Cyber's been cancelled. Given the age of the franchise, it was probably a financial nightmare to continue to produce when it's so much cheaper to produce new shows (and cancel them within three episodes :p ). Besides, they're stupidly shelling all of their hopes and finances into a failure like CBS All Access, so they had to cut somewhere. They'd better hope Star Trek (2017) becomes a good investment, Jesus.

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Cyber (mostly because I didn't watch it, ha!) but it's kind of sad to see the franchise die such a lingering death. I have some great memories from my time as a fan, and it introduced me to this community. No regrets.

14. Faylinn

It's so strange for me to think that I've been on this website more than a decade. :eek: Over the years, I've dipped my toes into several other fandoms, and watched a number of other series, but nothing comes close to my connection and commitment to this franchise. It sucks to see it end, but I've had a great ride! :D

(And I'm not going anywhere, I'll probably linger on this site until it's a complete zombie haha! :p)

15. Rena

Rena Rookie

What sad news. I still think Cyber had some great potential and got so much better in season 2 compared to season 1.