CSI: Cyber Season 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Jul 23, 2015.

1. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Yes, but Miami didn't get anything. NY had final season to be honest.

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

3. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Elementary last night had again 0.8 and 5.23 mln viewers. Stable but I wonder why they get a renewal.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised that if "Rush Hour" doesn't get good ratings on Thursday to see "Elementary" move back to Thursday and "Rush Hour" move to Sunday night. I don't think "Elementary" was ever in any danger of being cancelled. I think they just want to see what "Rush Hour" could do in a prime spot (in this case, Thursday night).

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Right! Elementary was never in trouble, and it should've stayed on Thursday nights. Other than Thursday Night Football, when it would get pre-empted, this day was fine. I don't like it on Sunday, in that dreaded "death-slot" of 10pm ET/9pm CT.

As for Rush Hour, the original movie came out in 1998, so this TV-series version is about a decade too late to be making. It probably won't last long, and I'm not gonna bother watching it.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think that Rush Hour will doing bad but wonder why CBS didn't switch Cyber on Thursday to check how it will doing in this time slot. Now we need to wait but I still don't get it why they didn't put Cyber on summer. Maybe it's obvious for me onlyo_O

7. blackflag

"Cyber" got it's chance in season 1. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights are the big nights ratings wise. "Cyber" was originally supposed to air on Sunday nights after season 15 of "CSI" finished. They got moved to Wednesday nights before the first episode aired to give them a chance. They did not perform up to par that's why they got moved to Sunday (which was the same reason "CSI" was moved to Sunday) Other shows deserve the same chance! There's too many viewing options (other networks, cable, netflix, hulu, DVD's, online ... ) these days, CBS can't afford to give them too many chances to perform just because they have the "CSI" name.

CBS has already purchased shows specifically for the summer. "Cyber" is a "CSI". It's supposed to be better than that.

(The only new show on CBS I'm watching is "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders", couldn't care less what happens to "Rush Hour"!)

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

In DVR Cyber have 1.5 and around 8 mln. But to be honest when is summer and I have option watching reruns or new, of course I take new. In my country (Poland) there is no something like summer schedule. We always have reruns or horrible paradocuments. They are for complete idiots but the best thing is that two big commercial networks putting them - one 8 a.m to 6 p.m, second since 1 p.m to 7 p.m... I wonder how they will translate Cyber cause with Miami and New York they put stupid long title.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

They already have some series' set to air this summer. A new one from the creators of the Good Wife, and Zoo is returning for Season 2.

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Yes I know but there is only three shows? Ok now we waiting for may :D

11. EdgeofNik

EdgeofNik Victim

Jerry B. said in an interview Thursday that they were sitting down with CBS this coming week to discuss vision and plan for Cyber. Whether CBS buys it, that wasn't covered. With RH bombing, Elementary proving that 10 p.m. on Sundays is a deadzone, etc. I suppose there is a slight chance. One thing that could work - CBS All Access - Star Trek is going there and Mooves indicated that they want a couple of other series there, too. All of it is a long-shot, but you never know.

12. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

A little sad about this. It seemed no one really wanted to get into cybercrime, even though this is a REAL thing going on everyday. I feel bad for Patricia Arquette, but at least the storylines got resolved.

14. blackflag

It's not that people weren't "into" watching cyber crimes, it's the cyber crimes they were portraying. People want to see what has the greatest possibility of happening to them. Target / Home Depot / your local supermarket getting hacked, that's what most people think of when they think "cyber crime".

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think the show suffered from a combination of things, particularly the way it didn't seem to appeal to any particular audience. CSI shows and the like tend to be older-skewing, but stuff like cyber crime seems like it would normally appear more to younger audiences. Cyber never found its footing or its audience, and crime drama fatigue didn't help matters. The over-the-top cases didn't help either. Still, I enjoyed the show well enough, and I'm sad it got cancelled.

(I made a thread specifically for the cancellation here.)