Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by blackflag, May 8, 2015.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

UNIT CHIEF JACK GARRETT AND HIS INTERNATIONAL RESPONSE TEAM ARE CALLED TO THAILAND WHEN THREE AMERICAN VOLUNTEERS DISAPPEAR, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

The FBI's International Response Team (IRT)

Gary Sinise, Alana De La Garza, Daniel Henney, Tyler James Williams and Annie Funke Star

Criminal Minds Star Joe Mantegna Guest Stars as David Rossi

"The Harmful One" – Unit Chief Jack Garrett (Gary Sinise) and his International Response Team (IRT) travel to Thailand when three American volunteers go missing during a trek to Bangkok, and reconnect with former colleague Clara Seger (Alana De La Garza), who helps them rush to gather evidence leading to the UnSub before a storm threatens to wash it away, on the series premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS, Wednesday, March 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Gary Sinise, Alana De La Garza, Daniel Henney, Tyler James Williams and Annie Funke star. CRIMINAL MINDS star Joe Mantegna guest stars as David Rossi.

CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS, a spinoff of the hit CBS Television Network series Criminal Minds, is a drama about the specialized International Division of the FBI tasked with solving crimes and coming to the rescue of Americans who find themselves in danger while abroad. Heading the International Response Team is Unit Chief Jack Garrett, a seasoned 20-year veteran of the Bureau. The team he trusts with his life includes Clara Seger, a smart, well-traveled and multi-lingual cultural anthropologist, Matthew Simmons, a former military hero with split-second profiling skills he honed on the battlefield, Russ "Monty" Montgomery, the unit's compassionate, brilliant tech analyst who additionally liaises stateside with the families of those in trouble while his group is far from home, and Mae Jarvis, the team's fearless and fun medical examiner. These exceptional agents are dedicated to safely returning U.S. residents home by profiling and identifying criminals who are beyond our borders.

CHEAT TWEET: Don't miss the series premiere of @CriminalMindsBB starring @GarySinise @Alana_DeLaGarza @DanielHenney #CBS! 3/16 10/9c http://bit.ly/1Rr17mw

REGULAR CAST:
    Gary Sinise (Jack Garrett)
    Alana De La Garza (Clara Seger)
    Daniel Henney (Matt Simmons)
    Tyler James Williams (Russ "Monty" Montgomery)
    Annie Funke (Mae Jarvis)

GUEST CAST:
    Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
    Keong Sim (Officer Taksin)
    Nora Rothman (Sarah Harris)
    Austin Saunders (Laura Johnson)
    Scott Alin (Jeff)
    Doua Moua (UnSub)
    Eck Stone (Benz)
    Jerry O'Donnell (Mr. Little)
    Conn Barrett (Mrs. Little)
    Fawnda McMahan (Mary)
    Austin Brooks (Frank)
    Laura Carson (Julie)
    Sydney Viengluang (Female Officer)
    Christopher Naoki Lee (Local Kid)
    Scott Ly (Officer #1)
    Jim Ounniyom (Officer #2)

WRITTEN BY: Erica Messer, one of the series' executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Colin Bucksey

Photos are available at: http://cbspressexpress.com
    Official CBS Website: http://www.cbs.com/shows/criminal-minds-beyond-borders/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BeyondBordersCM/?fref=ts
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/CriminalMindsBB
    Instagram: criminalmindsbb_
    CBS Tweet: https://twitter.com/CBSTweet

Cast on Twitter:
    Gary Sinise @GarySinise
    Alana De La Garza @Alana_DeLaGarza
    Daniel Henney @danielhenney
    Tyler James Williams @TylerJamesWill
    Annie Funke @theanniefunke

CAST BIOS:
    Unit Chief Jack Garrett
    Gary Sinise

Clara Seger
    Alana De La Garza

Matthew Simmons
    Daniel Henney

Russ "Monty" Montgomery
    Tyler James Williams

Medical Examier Mae Jarvis
    Annie Funke

PRODUCER BIOS:
    Executive Producer
    Mark Gordon

Executive Producer/Creator
    Erica Messer

Executive Producer
    Nick Pepper

Executive Producer
    Adam Glass

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I'm interesting how they filming this "in many locations". I will watch premiere but think that Sinise will make this like CSI: Beyond Borders :D

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

They haven't even (quite) aired the premier yet...

season finale airdate

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Hopefully it will be renewed by that time.

5. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well I watched 13 minutes (cause I don't have many time...) and must say that is interesting. I will watch this to the end. Viewers were good enough I think. And scene in car (with this lady with Sinise) was in green box probably? :D

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I finished watching it and I liked it and think the cast works well.

I'm sure they were in the green box.

7. blackflag

Very solid start. It was up against a rerun of "Chicago PD" so we'll have to wait and see what it does against all new competition. I thought the episode was a pretty good start. The only actor I was familiar with was Gary Sinise but everyone seemed to mesh pretty well. Thought it was much better than "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior". And it was very much like watching "Criminal Minds" only taking place in another country where they have to be aware of that country's laws/customs.

Ratings: ‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders’ Opens a Winner on Wednesday

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Ooo, that's right Chicago PD will be against it... dang...

I've gone to the IMDB site for this show and I have to say I'm feeling bad for Anne Funke because her character Mae was getting getting crap her way. Maybe at IMDB they are more harsh than we are.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I like all of the characters, and the cast definitely seems to have great chemistry. I especially love the brother/sister thing Mae and Matt have going on. I also love the fact that several characters appear to be happily married! This is unfortunately uncommon on these crime shows, so hopefully everybody stays happily married that already is. :p (It seems like Clara has the 'tragic backstory' element covered, so nobody else needs one of those!) I wonder if we'll ever see Monty out in the field with the team - Garcia usually stays at the office on CM, but she's been out with the team from time to time. I suppose it's more tricky with Monty, since the team is all over the world, not just the country, but I'll be curious to see if they let him get on the fancy plane at some point lol.

Anywho, it's great to see Gary on TV again, although it makes me miss CSI:NY. *sniff sniff* ;)

I'm curious to see how the ratings fare going forward. Time will tell, I guess! :) I never watched Suspect Behavior, but I'd like to see this spinoff succeed.
    Hmm, I guess it's because she's the least familiar with the whole dealing-with-other-customs thing, so that meant she was arguably disrespectful several times. It's an interesting facet to play for the character, and it gives her room to grow and for the other characters to help her learn. Everybody else has been doing this for a long time, so I personally think it's interesting to see them try to rein her in without stopping her from doing her job. Let's just hope she doesn't commit any worse faux pas...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I watched CM: SB pilot and series finale and they could add one special episode cause it end horribly. I think ratings will be around 1.3/1.4 and 7/8 mln.

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

WHEN AN AMERICAN IS HARMED AND ANOTHER GOES MISSING IN MUMBAI, THE INTERNATIONAL RESPONSE TEAM SEARCHES FOR AN UNSUB WHO IS MORE THAN JUST AN ORGAN TRADER, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23

If you go missing in a foreign land, Jack Garrett will find you!

"Harvested" – When an American man attending a festival in Mumbai wakes up missing a kidney and his friend gone, the International Response Team's investigation leads them to suspect the UnSub is more than just trading organs on the Black Market, on CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS, Wednesday, March 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:
    Annie Funke (Mae Jarvis)

GUEST CAST:
    Jerry MacKinnon (Will Duncan)
    Micky Shiloah (Tommy Moses)
    Hari Dhillon (Agent Deepak Singh)
    Karthik Srinivasan (UnSub)
    Michael Harris (Father)
    Thomas Silcott (Dom Duncan)
    S. Zylan Brooks (Janice Duncan)
    Cate Frost (Carli Moses)
    Rahnuma Panthaky (Inspector Shah)
    Pritesh Shah (Irfan)
    Prince Shah (Mafia Man)
    Cameron Cowperthwaite (Zak)
    Indrajit Sarkar (Suited Man)
    Anjali Bhimani (Hasina)
    Samantha Neyland (Irene)
    J. Michael Evans (Travis)
    Nik Kash (Mr. Kapoor)
    Aidan Visyak Glass (Aiden)

WRITTEN BY: Erica Meredith
    DIRECTED BY: Rob Bailey

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Good episode last night. So strange to see Gary as a different character.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, yeah, I guess he'll always be Mac to me! ;) (Even if he was Lt Dan to me first. :p)

14. blackflag

ER Alum Sherry Stringfield Joins Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

THE INTERNATIONAL RESPONSE TEAM HEADS TO CAIRO TO UNCOVER WHO WAS BEHIND A GAS ATTACK ON AN EGYPTIAN-AMERICAN AND THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE MAN'S FRIEND, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30

Jack Garrett & Matt Simmons investigate

Criminal Minds Star Kirsten Vangsness Makes a Guest Appearance as Penelope Garcia

"Denial" – The International Response Team heads to Cairo when an Egyptian-American former U.S. serviceman is killed in a gas attack there and his friend goes missing, on CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS, Wednesday, March 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. CRIMINAL MINDS star Kirsten Vangsness makes a guest appearance as Penelope Garcia.

CHEAT TWEET: The IRT heads 2 Cairo after a gas attack on an American @CriminalMindsBB #CBS 3/30 10pm @Vangsness guests http://bit.ly/223TcUE

REGULAR CAST:
    Annie Funke (Mae Jarvis)

GUEST CAST:
    Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
    Aline Elasmar (Neith Ghannam/Gas Masked Person)
    Anthony Azizi (Deputy Minister Arkem Sarkis)
    Sam Adegoke (Hank Willis)
    Junes Zahdi (Malik Said)
    Tina Lifford (Brenda Willis)
    Naz Deravian (Haiffa Said)
    Ammar Daraiseh (Omar)
    Danny Hamouie (Safar Arabi)

WRITTEN BY: Adam Glass, one of the series' executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Rod Holcomb