"Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes" Episode Discussion (*Spoilers!*)

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Oct 18, 2015.

?

On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate "Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes"?

1. 5 - It was great!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. 4 - It was pretty good.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 3 - It was okay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - It wasn't that good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - It was horrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Rate and discuss the latest episode! :) (Official details are available here.)

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

3. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

CBS really started episode at 10:58? Ratings will drop more and if show will have 0.6 will be good.

4. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Have to admit; I'm enjoying Cyber more this season than I did last year. I even like Raven this season,
    than last. If the show lasts, Ted needs to stay on, he's the one making the show.

5. Faylinn

They should have just saved the episode for next week, instead of starting it at 10:58. I mean, I watched it, but the show's ratings are already bad enough. I guess I have to hope TPTB are paying attention to DVR/streaming numbers...

Pretty intense episode, and topical. I like that, when Brody and Elijah were talking, nobody was declared 'right' or 'wrong'--they were both right, and that's what makes the situation so complicated.

Not sure how I feel about the twist that it wasn't actually racially-motivated, just some idiot doing a social experiment by exploiting racial tension, and trying to destroy his brother in the process. Why not have someone hacking and releasing the bodycam footage because they think they're doing the right thing and uncovering racism and corruption? Why not have the characters be conflicted because maybe they're chasing someone who is doing the right thing, and maybe they're protecting someone who doesn't necessarily deserve it? Grey areas are always messy, but it could have been interesting.

Still, I liked the episode. There was some great acting from the guest stars in particular, along with Shad and James. I also laughed at that awkward-ass scene with Brody and Krumitz. 'The bigger the berry, the sweeter the juice' oh mY GOD! LOL :eek: (On a more serious note, that is so realistic, though--the big guy being like 'I've faced prejudice.' As a fat white person, whyyyyy do my people do this??? Yeah, bodyshaming sucks, but these are two separate issues. I really don't think it helps to try to commiserate by comparing them.) I also enjoyed the scene with Raven and Nelson talking. She doesn't say anything tonedeaf, the way our well-meaning white guys do, but there isn't an explicit comment about her race--Raven has dealt with racist shit, I'm sure, but she doesn't pretend to know what Brody is dealing with. It's sort of a subtle thing, but I enjoyed it. They could commiserate over a shared experience, except that it isn't really a shared experience in so many ways.

Anyway, I'm rambling! ;)
    I do think the show is improving--pretty much every series needs time to work out the kinks and get into a groove. I'm really enjoying Ted on the show, too. And Raven is great! I'm glad we're getting more about her, she was barely a character at all last season.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Latest episode had 0.7 in 18-49 and overall 5.21 mln ... So I think veeeery weak. I think that this is the worst show when we look on the numbers cause CBS shows right now had 1.0 or more I remember. So Cyber can go after this season and maybe CBS will cut the order to 13 episodes.

7. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

What a ridiculous starting time his had. Cbs is desperate to kill it and i expect cancellation in January. Maybe that's too much time. It could be cancelled this week!

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think they will wait to November and then decide. Don't know which episode cast doing right now but maybe they will stop before 12th and 13th episode to give a decision. And later they could give a spot for CM: BB or something else.

9. whennow

whennow Dead on Arrival

I think after 13 it Is over because you don't continue a show you choose to air from 11 to 12. And then like cm bb will start when football ends and there aren't that many delays anymore. I think tomorrow or Friday they announce cyber cancellation and say it will continue until footballs over.

10. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

There's a nice interview with Ted Danson, and a seperate interview with Billy Petersen in next weeks
    TV Guide.

11. Faylinn

Part of me is just like, "I know it's bad, but that's still more than 5 million viewers and 0.7 in the demo even though it started at nearly 11pm ET/10pm CT." :p I dunno, I'll just be glad when football season is over and we don't have to keep dealing with these delays.

It's a shame, too, because this was a pretty good episode to be stuck airing at such a bad time... :(
    Nah, even if they did pull Cyber from the schedule (which I'm not convinced will happen--reduced episode order and cancellation in the spring, possibly, but I don't see them chopping it this early because of expected delays due to football), I don't think they'd stick the CM spinoff with the Sunday 10pm slot. Criminal Minds is super popular, but that would still be a huge risk.