CSI: Cyber Season 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Not sure they should do another crossover. Kinda had enough crossovers.

EDIT: Chicago Fire will be doing some crossovers for a medical show with Chicago PD.

Thanks for letting me know when the show will air.

2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I would like to see crossover :) and Chicago Med starts 17th November probably :D

3. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Now that could be true, and would make for an interesting evening of TV. I hadn't thought of that before, just that Sunday nights tend to be the banishment location for shows a network is trying to kill off.

Me, too! I was one of the few seemingly who liked DB on the mothership, and I think I will like him a lot more than Peter MacNicol. His character seemed to only exist to tell Avery everything that she already knows and generally being a thorn in her side.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AVERY WELCOMES D.B. RUSSELL TO THE TEAM AS THEY INVESTIGATE A BURGLARY/HOMICIDE COMMITTED BY SOMEONE WHO HACKED THE HOME'S SECURITY SYSTEM REMOTELY, ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, OCT. 4

Ted Danson Joins the Cast as D.B. Russell, the New Director of Next Generation Forensics, Who Transfers to Washington, D.C. from Las Vegas

"Why-Fi" – Avery welcomes D.B. Russell to the team as they investigate a burglary/homicide committed by someone who hacked the home's security system remotely, on the second season premiere of CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Oct. 4 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Also, Avery considers moving to a new position within the hierarchy of the FBI, Krumitz is a witness in his sister's trial, Elijah deals with a delicate family situation and more is revealed about Nelson's and Raven's backgrounds. Ted Danson joins the cast as D.B. Russell, the new Director of Next Generation Forensics, who transfers to Washington, D.C. from Las Vegas.

CHEAT TWEET: #TedDanson joins the cast! Avery & her team battle with internal conflicts! Season 2 begins! #CSICYBER 10/4 10pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1NSvWh8

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Special Agent Avery Ryan)
    Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    James Van Der Beek (Elijah Mundo)
    Charley Koontz (Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST:
    Landall Goolsby (Harlan)
    Brian Groh (Lonnie)
    Angela Trimbur (Francine Krumitz)
    Ione Butler (Ellen Peters)
    McKenna Roberts (Rae)
    Serendipity Lilliana (Harlan's daughter)
    Zakary Shawn Risinger (Harlan's son)
    Shiloh Nelson (Lindy)
    Elyse Cole (Young Francine)
    Shane Francis Smith (Young Krumitz)
    Molly Burnett (Nina)
    John Patrick (Judge)
    Tiffany C. Adams (Defense Attorney)
    Greg Cromer (John Fable)

WRITTEN BY: Pam Veasey
    DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here's a CSI Files article with several sneak peeks, interviews, etc. (Lots of embedded videos, tweets and photos.)

I enjoyed the clips! DB could be a good fit on Cyber, in terms of character. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy his interaction with Ryan in particular. :)

Yeah, it's hard to be enthusiastic about the timeslot. I'm not even sure if that was their intention, but it could make sense--except that MS and TGW seem so different from Cyber in terms of subject matter. I'm not sure how much crossover appeal there is... Plus Cyber is kind of odd, in how it tries to appeal to younger viewers and older viewers at the same time, while not necessarily succeeding with either audience.
    I like DB a lot, he was a great character on CSI, and I'm curious to see him on Cyber. I liked Simon, but he seemed like an unnecessary character. I'm not surprised they got rid of him. Still curious about how this 'cyber forensics' thing is going to work with DB.

6. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

He always had that kind of cerebral nature to him, so hopefully he will fit in smoothly.

Just two more days until we find out!

7. Faylinn

Not long now! :D

One thing I don't like is the quote I saw about DB dating in DC. I thought he and his wife were doing well in their marriage?! Did I totally forget about them having problems? I know she wanted to go back to Seattle to be with their daughter and granddaughter, right? But in my vague memory, that conflict was resolved, so I don't know what's going on there...

In my opinion, having them split up seems like a bad decision. One of the things I really liked about DB's character compared to the others on CSI was that he was happily married and successfully balanced his personal and professional lives. Him being single doesn't really add the sort of storyline potential that interests me, to be honest...

8. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Same here,
    [/QUOTE]

If any of the other csi cast does make a cameo or a regular then I'll tune in for that- Jo could be one of the tech savvy maybe as she was always seen with her ipad or whatever she was holding.

9. Faylinn

Ugh, I hate football. The premiere will be delayed 26 minutes in numerous areas (including some major markets). :( Anyway, the tweets are in this CSI Files article, along with some more interviews and whatnot.
    Yeah, it's just disappointing. :( But I guess they have their reasons, and we'll see what happens.
    Here's a quote from Ted from this Direct TV interview:
    :(
    I'd love to see Mac! But now that Gary is on Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, I don't see it happening. (I mean, who knows how slim the chances would have been before, but he's on a new show now so it doesn't matter, I guess. lol.)
    Joooooooo! Gosh, she was so great, I love Sela Ward. I'd love to see her on Cyber, that would be a hoot. :D

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

RAVEN WORKS TO PROVE HER FRIEND'S INNOCENCE AFTER SHE IS ACCUSED OF MURDERING A MAN SHE MET THROUGH A DATING APP, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, OCT. 11

Editor's note: The time of this episode has been updated.

Tracy & Raven pic

"Heart Me" – When Raven's friend, Tracy (Lyndon Smith), is fired, evicted and her bank accounts emptied as a result of being hacked by a man she met on a dating app, Raven helps to locate the culprit. However, Raven asks for her team's help when the hacker is found dead and Tracy wakes up in a motel room with the murder weapon and no memory of what happened, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Oct. 11 (10:30 PM-11:30 PM, ET/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Dating can be murder but can Raven prove her friend didn't kill her date? @CSICyber 10/11 10:30pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1KMjfpb

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Christopher Cousins (Mason Lynne)
    Lyndon Smith (Tracy Jacobs)
    Grant Harvey (Holden Katnik)
    Marco Sanchez (Detective Gonzalez)
    Cristen Irene (Cashier)
    Graciella Evelina Martinez (HR Rep)
    A.J. Tannen (Mr. Williams)
    Scott Broderick (Landlord)
    Tony Daly (Police Officer)
    Alton Clemente (Officer)
    Dana Melanie (Marcie Lindell)
    Matthew Devine (Co-Worker)
    Keli Daniels (Madeline Jacobs)
    Kelly Chavers (Clerk)
    McKenna Grace (Michelle Mundo)

WRITTEN BY: Kate Sargeant Curtis
    DIRECTED BY: Matt Earl Beesley

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

WHEN A POLICE OFFICER'S BODY CAMERA IS HACKED AND THE INCENDIARY VIDEO GOES VIRAL, THE CYBER TEAM IS SENT TO FIND THE TRUTH AND THE HACKER BEFORE THE SMALL TOWN ERUPTS IN UNREST, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, OCT. 18

Elijah & DB pic

"Brown Eyes, Blue Eyes" – When a police officer's body camera is hacked and the incendiary video goes viral, the Cyber team is sent to find the truth and the hacker before the small town erupts in unrest, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Oct. 18 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A police body camera is hacked & Cyber must get answers b4 a city implodes! #CSICyber 10/18 10:30pm ET/10pm PT http://bit.ly/1FSlZBh

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Drew Nelson (Robert Gaines)
    Brad Beyers (Office Causley)
    Cyrus Farmer (Chief Richards)
    Larry Bam Hall (Derek Noels)
    Judith Moreland (Addie Noels)
    Vince Duvall (Stan Peters)
    Amanda Payton (Nicole Gaines)
    Meghan Maureen McDonough (Female Reporter)
    Mel Fair (Male Reporter)
    Michael Linstroth (Off Duty Cop)
    Pamela Shaddock (Female Congregant)

WRITTEN BY: Devon Gregory
    DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AVERY AND THE TEAM INVESTIGATE A CHILD ABDUCTION CASE BASED ON AN ONLINE MYTH IN WHICH AN ABDUCTOR LURES CHILDREN THROUGH A CELL PHONE APP, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, OCT. 25

Avery/DB/Daniel pic

"Red Crone" – The Cyber team investigates a child abduction case based on the "Red Crone," an online myth where an abductor lures children through an app on their phones. Also, Elijah's aggressive behavior at work causes Avery to bench him, and romance is in the air for D.B., on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Oct. 25 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A phone app is luring kids away from home & romance is in the air on #CSICYBER 10/25 10pm http://bit.ly/1VDwNVu

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Gregg Henry (Calvin Mundo)
    Nishi Munshi (Rosalyn Price)
    Fred Koehler (Oliver)
    Dartanian Sloan (Jacob)
    Michael Leone (Luke)
    Jenny Cooper (Karen Sullivan)
    Brittany Beery (Alex Barnes)
    Elisha Henig (Timmy Martola)
    McKenna Grace (Michelle Mundo)
    Albert Kuo (ND Tech)
    John Eric Montana (Judge)

WRITTEN BY: Denise Hahn
    DIRECTED BY: Brad Tanenbaum

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

This upcoming episode it could be the best from this series but we will see. I saw that in cancelation tabele Cyber have number 5.12 which means that is likely to be cancelled and it's the highest number from CBS shows. Second is NCIS:LA with 3.02 (in danger). More than 3.00 is in danger and more than 5.00 is likely to be cancelled. Surprising CBS don't cut off the number of episodes yet.

14. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

CSI:Cyber isn't going to be renewed unless it doubles it's 18-49 viewership at this point. And that's not happening unless they air it directly after NCIS. I'm accepting that the CSI era is coming to an end pretty soon. CBS based spinoffs are really dependent on their lead in shows. Look at how much of hit NCIS:LA took when they just moved it to a different night.

15. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

If CBS will desperate they will pul Cyber on summer (in my opinion they should do this since the beggining and put for maybe Tuesday at 8 where NCIS is now). But if they not they will cancel and that's all.