Finale Movie -- SPOILERS

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Drea

Drea Victim

For one.... the smell of a flower will make anyone do something he/she would never ever otherwise do(such as blowing up children). Well, shoot, look out for ugly men baring flowers!

Two... the link to Grissom was pure tripe. Honestly, I laughed my way through the entire plotline. Not even a crispy fried Heather could have saved it for me.

Believe me,I started watching more Peyton Manning and the Broncos and less of this dreck.

So, tell me, did Grissom and Greg ever even talk? To me, that was inexcusable. Instead we got mindless prattle with Catherine's daughter.

I also didn't like the Grissom and Sara ending(and I'm a huge fan of the couple) It was stupid and didn't clarify ANYTHING. In fact, from what I saw, Grissom and Sara barely talked.

I give the whole finale a big fat F.

2. Drea

Drea Victim

Incidentally, yrs ago, I was banned from this board for making a post about Jorja's sexual orientation.

I didn't really care though because CSI went down the tubes fast when Grissom left.

Hated both Laurence Fishburne and Ted Danson in the role.

Frankly, Danson looked like a serial killer that the lab needed to catch.

I will always be a fan of Jorja's. I thi

3. Drea

Drea Victim

Incidentally, yrs and yrs ago I got banned from this site for making a comment about Jorja's sexual orientation.

I didn't care, however, because CSI went down the tubes fast after Grissom left.

I absolutely hated Laurence Fishburne and Ted Danson in the role. Danson, in fact, looked like a serial killer that the lab needed to catch.

As for Jorja, I will always love her. Totally believable as a forensic scientist, and she seems like such a lovely, kind human being.

A shout out to Jorja Rain.

As for Desertwind, I hope you're still not in denial.

I'm quite sure I will now be banned. So, if I don't respond, you know why.

4. Drea

Drea Victim

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Please don't use the "goon" term either. It was Sea Shepherd I think, not agree peace but their cause is a good one and they aren't crazy. Not saying it fits in the story context, I'm still undecided, just that we shouldn't be disrespectful. I'm not going to start up a debate, this is definitely not the place, just hate to see people disrespect others.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Going to post what I said in the other thread.

Nah, didn't care for it.

I don't go around San Diego Harbor but not sure if San Diego has any rocks like they showed and I don't think there is any mountains over the sea.

I think George realized this wasn't going to be a good movie for him and wisely sat out.

I don't get why Catherine's daughter would think Grissom would remember her after so long and I think Catherine could have said, you don't remember her? She's my daughter instead of my vagina.

I already deleted it, I seem to remember at the beginning the bomber being alone and no one around him when he went up to the lady. Then when they show the video, there was another woman there.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, when Grissom went to the lab, no one talked to him for minutes but in the Vegas crossover, when Mac went to visit the lab in Vegas, Mac got stopped by I forgot his name already.

7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Thanks for your post, Drea, you made interesting points. Sorry to hear you were banned. I personally don't see anything wrong with your post, but if the site's rules don't allow such discussions then we have to accept them or post on a different site.

I thought the same about the flowers and as soon as children showed up I knew the bomb wouldn't go off near them; children are never harmed on such shows.

Grissom talked more with Ecklie than Brass and Greg combined, which was a shame. It was probably due to lack of time.

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

The plot had a lot of promise. A wave of bombings inspired or instigated by Lady Heather. Grissom and Catherine have to come back to help out. In the main I was finding the plot to be quite gripping but it petered out with a whimper. Once they showed the gallery of faces and amongst them was Eugene Tooms I felt for sure he was the one and it was too obvious (more obvious than normal). In the end his motives were weak. I didn't quite get the bee angle and how it got human dna on it, I need to see that again. The absence of Nick was a bit of a let down and in addition the relationship between Sara and Grissom was never a big deal that I particularly enjoyed. I was really looking forward to how Greg would react when he met him again, but it never happened and instead focused on Catherine's daughter, which I found strange.

It was so good to see Grissom back. I disagree with previous posts as I thought that Langston and DB were good characters and added something different to the show, I enjoyed them. But there's not denying that Gil made CSI for me. I realise that now. His methods and his quirks were always interesting.

I'm glad the show got a proper ending, clearly not quite everything was resolved and tied in a neat bow to everyone's tastes and some stuff was quickly skipped over. Overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't great though.

CSI has been part of my life for 15 years now, it seems strange to think it's come to end. But that original line up of Gil, Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Sara, Brass and Greg is the classic line up and it was a fantastic gripping show for a long while.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with you on all counts. I thought Ray and DB were both good characters, showing so much promise early on and well played by their respective actors ... but ultimately let down by the writing. The same was true, on a lesser level, for William Petersen's Grissom, who is such a remarkable lead character in the pantheon of great television characters. But even for Grissom, the writing of his exit story was not up to the level of the writing in the earlier years of the series (but it still was nowhere as bad as it got for either Ray or DB). I just think that ultimately, the people creating stories for TV shows run out of ideas, so then they feel pressured to resort to the same tired dramatic cliches that have kept network television afloat, more or less, for years. The creative team behind "CSI" ran out of good ideas. But what a stellar run the show had up to that point. At least we will always have that.

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I must say that Langston and DB gave something different to the show, of course for one is good for another not but I liked this change. I saw many not good opinions about finale here and in forum in Poland and I agree, but I think CBS is one who gave only two hour (without ads 86 minutes). Of course they could gave a six episodes or gave nothing. But it's a really bitter-sweet ending.

11. Rena

Rena Rookie

I think the idea behind Catherine's daughter was to indicate that there would be another generation of CSI. Like coming full circle.

sharp52092 likes this.
  12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    sharp52092 likes this.
  13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah, I wonder if they'll do another spinoff and/or reboot the show in a number of years.

14. byline

byline CSI Level One

It's not hard to imagine CBS trying for a reboot in a few years (especially if they're desperate for a hit) ... but I hope they don't. I just don't think they can recapture the magic of those great early years.

For me, the first four years were the best. Season 5 was still good, but took on a voyeuristic tone that I felt the previous seasons did not have. And then I liked the "Miniature Killer" episodes up until they revealed the killer and her motive. (I've never been crazy about the "CSI in danger" episodes.) But even after all of that, and Grissom's departure, there were still good episodes. The series didn't fall apart, IMO, until Season 12, when the writing and special effects became rather pedestrian. But there were so many amazing episodes up until that point. I feel badly for the cast and crew of Season 12 on that they weren't given the same great material to work with.

GSR GR and sharp52092 like this.
  15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I don't think this has been posted.

CSI’ Series Finale: Creator Anthony Zuiker On That Ending, Deleted Scene And The Future For The Characters & Himself

I hope they include those deleted scenes on the DVD. Maybe add them in the movie altogether.

byline likes this.