What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Colonel Worf, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

research paper for theory class...what fun

2. kurdt

kurdt Prime Suspect

Just read The Da Vinci Code.
    Cant wait for the movie! :D

3. Celtic_angel

Celtic_angel Police Officer

Now I HAVE to read "Alchemy" for school.
    I tried so hard to resist it, but it was always heading my way... :lol:

4. Dolphin

Dolphin Pathologist

It's very sad, but very beautiful as well... one of my favorites.

5. Luveykat

Luveykat Police Officer

I just reread "A Walk To Remember" for like the 4th time, I ahdn't read it in a while, so I was due.

Anyone here like "The Silmarillion"?

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I did like the Silmarillion, but I only appreciated it (I think) after reading the others AND seeing the movies first. Otherwise I don't know if I would have found it as interesting.

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I'm reading "Ghost Story" by Peter Straub. It really is a haunting story and I had the hardest time putting it down last night to go study.

8. Fingerprints

Fingerprints Police Officer

I loved the Silmarillion and have been a Tolkein nut since I first read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings in grade six, the Silmarillion is really interesting if you want to learn about the history of Middle Earth and so I really liked it....Unfinished Tales is another book of incomplete stories by Tolkein and gives even more insight into the LOTR but it could be considered a boring read if you are not a fan of the Silmarillion :)

9. StarGirl11

StarGirl11 Witness

I am in the middle of reading "The Da Vinci Code" trying to get it done by the time the movie and with the speed I am reading this book I will probably succeeed. Really good book in my opinion.

10. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

^ Don't speed read "The DaVinci Code" it is so good it deserves to be appreciated.

I have been buggin my sister that she is reading, "s**ty depressing books and that she needs to find better reading material" so she told me that I couldn't keep radding on them until I read one so that was the focus of the past two hours. It was s**ty and depressing.

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I've been thinking should I read DaVinci Code before go to see the movie... but will I be thinking then parts they've left out when doing a movie?

12. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban

13. Celtic_angel

Celtic_angel Police Officer

I read the Da Vinci Code in a few hours - I just couldn't help myself!
    I am now reading Deception Point - I nabbed it before the midgets in yr 7 got it moihaha. I was too fast - the Dan Brown books are hard to get now 'cos they have been boosting in popularity since the movie was announced. They are like GOLD DUST in my local Library and school Library ;)

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I see that many of you're reading "The DaVinci Code".
    My town is mentioned on it when the bad guy,Silas,*now I take a deep breath*,after an earthquake in Andorra :eek: ,goes walking to it,injured and in a fortnight. :eek: :eek: :eek:I wish Mr Brown gives a look to a map and realize that,mmm,that's impossible. :lol:

I've read "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" and they're amusing but not good.

Here we're angry with him because in a book,I think it's "Digital Fortress" but I'm not sure,said that a guy died in Sevilla because our health system was bad. :mad:
    It gets me really angry,I know it's a book and it's fiction,but many people read his books and could think that's true and our health system is really good and free.

15. soph

soph CSI Level One

I just finished The Bone Colllector by Jeffery Deaver and started on The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell. I'm doing a Crime genre study for my English Writing class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.