CSI: Cyber

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Aug 7, 2014.

?

Will you watch CSI: Cyber?

1. Yes, absolutely!

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  2. Maybe, I'll have to wait and see.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Probably not, but I might change my mind.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. No, absolutely not!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Cute, but that roller coaster's computer system wasn't hacked. I'm not even sure if the CSI episode's coaster HAD a computer system! [​IMG]

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

I, too, think this one was better than the first one. Did you notice the rubber gloves that vanished into thin air when Daniel was talking to Avery about the bacon sandwich? One sec he had gloves, the next he hadn't. It drives my mom crazy when I point these things out :lol: I must admit that I've some difficulty to understand all that cyber-techno-babbel, but it's still very interesting. This show has some good potential for both the storylines and the characters' dynamics.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I don't even know where to begin on the five minutes I watched, except it was uber dumb. Evil twin routers? Are you kidding me?

I really hope PA is making bank on this show, because she now has to slog out a whole season of this drivel instead of cashing in on a plum film gig on the heels of her Oscar. Vander Dawson...meh.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Saw last night's episode and I liked it and liking the characters and I hope they wrap up some of the back stories in case this show isn't coming back.

5. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I saw this episode minutes ago... and intro in 13 minute? First time saw this. Cause - weird... For me show could not click, couldn't push much and it's slow, without dynamics. I can't describe what I don't accept in show yet.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Cyber premiere had 2.8 and 14.42mln after Live +7 Ratings. I think in next week will be lower and next episode could hit low, cause last episode was not okej at all. Maybe I don't understand something or ...

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

I watched the first episode and was underwhelmed. It all felt very cookie-cutter, by the numbers ... whatever cliche for "predictable" you want to use. I haven't felt compelled to watch subsequent episodes. Such a shame for a franchise of this caliber.

8. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Maybe problem is that Cyber is good but too far from CSI as CSI we saw in LV, Miami or NY. But from the other side when You put series premiere viewers should see something very good, powerful with good mystery. We got Avery with her past and they will solve this in season finale (well, that's original)...

9. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well I saw the fourth episode and for me it was very good. Second and this episode were the best for now, but I'm not sure if it's enough to stay on air.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I saw the episode too. I thought it was better but I think maybe people might get bored with the idea of cyber hacking if they are not into computers.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Considering CBS continues to promote it with "Oscar Winner Patricia Arquette" and "Hit New Drama" in it's promo's, no matter what the ratings do, they're probably already planning season 2. :rolleyes: I think I saw a total of 3 commercials for "CSI" during it's season. I can't watch CBS without seeing commercials for Cyber. :(

From someone who's got a Bachelor's degree in Computer's and Information Systems and has NOT seen an episode beyond the backdoor pilot (I thought it was one of the worst eps of s14) it sounds to me like it's geared more towards those who are not into computers and all things electronic. Those of us with the education and knowledge are more likely to stop watching and/or pick it to pieces (& from what I've read are!) for what they're representing wrong.

Susan

12. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I got interrupted in the middle, but the idea of planting a virus to overheat machinery reminded me of the Stuxnet virus planted in the Iranian nuclear program to disable their centrifuges.

13. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well in Poland probably 99% of viewers have not idea about Cyber thing from CSI franchise, so only I see is promos for next episodes and yes - "new hit drama" and "PA winning Oscar" is little boring right now and little about lie. You can call Empire as new hit drama when series had ratings from 3.8 to 6.8 but no when is 1.4...
    For me the better idea will be bring back Miami cause I personally think that season 10 have very strong plot with Navarro Family, but we know what CBS done. But when I read about X Files in FOX with 6-order so maybe there's a hope for 11th season someday :D

14. Rena

Rena Rookie

They should definitely stop using that opening sequence with Avery telling everyone why she became an FBI agent for cyber crime. That's getting annoying.

15. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

100% agree :D I forgot about this. I turn on an episode and saw this and thought "meh, once again this"...