Finding An Instrumental Piece

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MassacrEffect, Jan 30, 2015.

1. MassacrEffect

MassacrEffect Civilian

I have been watching CSI Miami on Netflix. In Season 6 Episode 14 "You May Now Kill the Bride" there is an instrumental piece that plays right before the intro, when Lt Caine is walking away from the best man at the wedding after spouting the line "leaving his bride there to die." Immediately following this line, the instrumental starts to play and leads directly into the opening theme. This lead me to believe that it was a special variation of Won't Get Fooled Again made especially for the show.

Flash forward to Season 9 Episode 12 "Wheels Up." During a scene in which the CSI team are pursuing a suspect on a motorcycle, the same instrumental starts to play. Since this occurs in the middle of an episode, it does not lead into Won't Get Fooled Again.

It has been driving me crazy trying to find out what this music is. Is it an instrumental made solely for the show as I originally thought? Is it a piece of a song that no one recognized because no words are used? If anyone has any inkling, I would be eternally grateful.

(Sorry for a 3 paragraph question, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible.)

2. kris44

kris44 Witness

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'd definitely think it was composed by the show's music team rather than it being from any third-party source. I think they started doing that in the later seasons for many episodes, and if you're speaking of the instrumental I think you are (and I could be wrong; I haven't watched the show in...geez, 7 years?) it was probably a portion/mix of Won't Get Fooled Again like you thought.

And if they used it in the middle of an episode...that just threw some curds into the cheese factor of this show. Yikes. :lol:

4. MassacrEffect

MassacrEffect Civilian

Thanks Kris, but I have been to both of those websites already, and as far as I can tell, they only list 'songs.' Since this is, or appears to be, an instrumental with no words, it does not seem to be listed on those websites.

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Try downloading an app called Shazam to your phone. Play the episode and run the app when the music plays. It can "hear" the tv, and is remarkably good at identifying all kinds of stuff.

6. kris44

kris44 Witness

You're welcome. It's a pity I couldn't help.
    I hope you can use the app. Let us know if you find out what te music is. I'm curious about the answer now.