CSI to Sundays

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, May 14, 2014.

1. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

As a mentalist fan , I can assure you 10pm Sunday nights fall on CBS is a horrible time slot. One sunday they promised a new episode of mentalist, and delayed it till 11pm and then rolled a repeat but put the wrong , sneak peak to the next episode at the end, hence completely spoiling the current unaired episode.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

She was from New Jersey, but worked at a big law firm in New York. Think it lasted 2 eps. Nina Tassler wanted an "all-NY" night of programming on Friday nights. That worked out real well...:rolleyes:

Thursday football will kill Elementary...Doomsday is coming. :(

3. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I am curious about one thing. Saying, for argument’s sake, that CSI will have a full season of 22 episodes which will air nonstiop from mid September onward with no break for the xmas/new year holidays, their season would end sometime in February. If I recall correctly filming for the new season usually starts in July and ends about a month before the season finale?

Are the writers, film crew, actors etc. seriously going to be working nonstop and cramming the normal 8 ½ months work into about 6 months? I can’t help but think that it’s going to negatively affect the quality of everyone’s work and result in some mediocre TV.

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

That won't happen. It wouldn't air that early in the season non-stop and end in February. This is why FOX aired 24 later in the season--so all 24 episodes aired non-stop with no repeats, and it ended in May.

5. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well if CSI will be air without any breaks and if it start 14.09.2014 we could have 22 episodes and CSI will have season finale 01.03.2015... It gave 24 sundays but I don't caunt Christmas break (21.12 and 28.12)... We will see what will come. But it's shame that CSI and Cyber don't get crossover because it's impossible. And when Cyber will get 13 episode order and starts 08.03.2015 it should finish 31.05.2015. I don't see many chance to CBS do this :/

6. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

CSI writers said they think they'll have a full season so I guess either season 15 will be aired without reruns or it's going to move on another day in Spring

7. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

There is also a possibility that CSI Cyber could air on another night if a new fall show like Scorpion or Stalker totally flops or CSI and it could air back-to-back if Madame Secretary is a dud. The CSI/CSI Cyber time sharing a night announcement is simply CBS' hedging its bets. ;)

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't know about "Scorpion" or "Stalker", I barely know what they're about.

"Madame Secretary", according to the media, is a Nina Tassler (Chairman of CBS!) favorite so I can see it going at least a full season based on that alone.

I'm not exactly sure that "CSI: Cyber" can be ready to air before spring. If they'd hired a cast for the backdoor pilot I'd think they might be able to but so far they've only got Patricia Arquette. And the only news about "Cyber" beyond making it to series is a writer from "Castle" tweeting that they've been hired to write for it.

Susan

9. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I agree that Cyber will not be ready until spring, and CBS probably wants to use NBC's Chicago Fire/P.D. approach to its premiere and introduce Patricia's supporting characters in CSI's fall episodes. However, the point that I am trying to make is CSI and Cyber may not end up sharing a timeslot in the event one or more of CBS' fall dramas flop. In that case, CSI, and its repeats, would stay on Sunday and Cyber would air on another night where there is a hole in the schedule.

As for Scorpion and Stalker, here are some promos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_hJscvdXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQUHezf0Kqs

10. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Stalker for me sounds very good. Scorpion's promo I don't watch. We will see, maybe some of new shows will have a very bad ratings and CBS will cancel or move on another time slot.

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

They're putting CSI out to pasture. Once salaries become too high for ratings they have to start doing what they can to quietly kill the show without angering fans. I guess they're going to have a 16-18 episode sendoff. Best case scenario is that Stalker or another show tanks and they bring CSI into the slot to save face.

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

But they're already angering fans...considering what happened with George Eads and Paul Guilfoyle two prime examples. I will agree with you that CSI is dead--this upcoming season is definitely the last one--the show is running on fumes. :shifty:

13. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

source : TV Guide.

14. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

If they're going to do no repeats, assuming they start in September, that would give them around 16 episodes. That's still pretty good.