"Dead In His Tracks" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 7, 2014.

1. Rena

Rena Rookie

If I hadn't read about his departure, I would have been wondering if this talk with DB at the end had some deeper meaning. He was very reflective, and drinking in his office like he did could have been something of a goodbye-drink. But since I do know about his departure I may also be reading too much into it ;)

There isn't much to say about the case. It was solid, though cases involving kids are always tough. I was thinking about these weird and sick kids who witnessed and committed these cruelties but went on as if nothing had ever happened. I hope it's just TV stereotype wiriting.

I will miss Brass. I hope there will be a good explanation as to why he left.

2. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

very nice episode, besides that i already knew wich the killer was from the get go( first appereance), this was classic csi.metaphoric, subtle, thrilling...
    the sad thing is, this was by any means standard storry telling...

3. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

I dont have a lot to say, only one thing... What sad, sad episode...

The case is good for a regular CSI episode, but would be really better to see more about this million dollar search and how many deaths this cause...

Is sad the open end they do, with Brass sadly thinking in get of Police Deparment. I think the writer try to create a second Brass with this new Forensics guy, but WTF what they will do that in firts case?

Nick and Sara have finally some screen time, Nick have a lot in the last episodes and finally Morgan only is 2 times in camera finally is not the center.

Again i would say that they know really good, how to say goodbye to Warrick killing he in the worts way, to Sara doing the emotional goodbye and to Grissom (for god sake 8 episodes to see how the character make the travel to his end) and the best how he goes...

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What an awful ending for a character who has been with the show for 14 years. If I was Paul Guilfoyle I'd be insulted.

5. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I really do think that was a horrible season ending. Brass has been on that show for like 14 years and that is the kind of send off he gets.:confused:

However I do think it may have had a deeper meaning especially since he was acting funny and he was just sitting there drinking. I thought for a moment that he was gonna reach for his gun and kill himself. After everything his character has been through this season, it could have ended that way.
    I hope we get answers next season.

I thought we would get to see more Greg but was disappointed. Missing Grissom and Warrick more and more.

6. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

OT. "We reached a place, creatively, where it was time to say goodbye to Brass...” (Don McGill)...sic et simpliciter. Now we know that the “open” end leaves an open door...
    Does it mean we could get some Brass pills during the next seasons? what? i was longing for more Brass moments and maybe i'll get some pills????:confused:
    I suspected that Paul’s “emotional farewell speech” on March 21 upset tptb’s plans.
    Maybe i was right, because if he stayed silent we wouldn’t have known anything about Brass’ leave. I read the lines on the official details again and there isn’t any mention about the character’s exit: “Meanwhile, Brass has a decision to make when his daughter attempts suicide.” The season ends and on 1501 we know Brass has retired. period...
    well, now we know it’s just a “creativity” issue.
    thinking about the (sad) fate of the other characters, they ought to restrain their creativity...

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Just for the heck of it, I watched the episode.

I think they could have written the ending better with Brass.

The case was okay but I have a question, when Scotty was being suffocated, couldn't he have moved his arms?

8. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Aside from the Scotty 'Pope' goof, I see another one where Ellie was whisked to the emergency room and they said,..."female in her late 20s..." It's 2014. I believe that would make her about 30 or 31 years old. On the Ellie episode, she was said to be born on September 24, 1982.

I wonder what happened to the Tiger Woods-looking dude if he only hit his friend but didn't kill him. Does he go to prison?

Not a bad episode, though, I would've like to hear even some soft 1989 ballad when showing the 1989 scene. I still can't shake off the fact that Cold Case was cancelled. Oh, well.

They could've written more of Brass' last scene on the show. If not like Catherine saying goodbye to everyone right after getting shot at and having her home messed up by whoever was after her. I do like Brass' last quotes about "really being there for Ellie..." They could've written his exit better. A B-.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think Finn said there was no evidence to prove how he died. So they both pretty much get away with it.

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Plus, since they were both kids at the time, could they even be prosecuted so far down the line?

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

TV Guide Ask Matt

Susan

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No, I don't think so.

13. babydoll

babydoll Victim

OK I've only just seen this (I'm living in Greece right now so took a while to download...)

I had to come online today after watching it to double check whether or not that was the season finale or not - because, to re-iterate what others have said - the case itself was fine for a normal episode, but albeit somewhat CSI predictable (the innocent kids are always the killers on CSI, it gets old).

As for Brass and Ellie - I was just a bit like - is that it? I agree, if I were Paul Guilfoyle I would be ENTIRELY insulted - I know CSI is known for it's subtlety but that's taking it a little too far I came away from that with the most confused expression on my face... IS THAT IT? Because all I understood rom that was that Brass was going to try and have a relationship with his screwed up daughter - it doesn't justify into an exit storyline - Paul is such a brilliant, brilliant actor - I'm not sayin I wanted some dramatic near death experience, but I wanted something that was AT LEAST interesting - I honestly thought it was just a bit boring, bland - wasted opportunity.

Worst season ender since season 9.

14. babydoll

babydoll Victim

OK I've only just seen this (I'm living in Greece right now so took a while to download...)

I had to come online today after watching it to double check whether or not that was the season finale or not - because, to re-iterate what others have said - the case itself was fine for a normal episode, but albeit somewhat CSI predictable (the innocent kids are always the killers on CSI, it gets old).

As for Brass and Ellie - I was just a bit like - is that it? I agree, if I were Paul Guilfoyle I would be ENTIRELY insulted - I know CSI is known for it's subtlety but that's taking it a little too far I came away from that with the most confused expression on my face... IS THAT IT? Because all I understood rom that was that Brass was going to try and have a relationship with his screwed up daughter - it doesn't justify into an exit storyline - Paul is such a brilliant, brilliant actor - I'm not sayin I wanted some dramatic near death experience, but I wanted something that was AT LEAST interesting - I honestly thought it was just a bit boring, bland - wasted opportunity.

Worst season ender since season 9.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

I thought Paul was outstanding in this episode, though I agree it wasn't much of a story, and it wasn't the best send-off he could have been given. Still, his scenes were the best, and he handled this situation professionally. I just hope this leaves the door open for future guest appearances ... though I have my doubts.

I'm glad we didn't have yet another shrieking "CSI in danger" cliffhanger. In fact, I'm glad we didn't have a cliffhanger at all ... though I'm surprised that they seemed to leave Brass's exit open-ended.