CBS Picks Up 'CSI: Cyber'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, May 10, 2014.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI Files previously reported that the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation spinoff CSI: Cyber had not been picked up by CBS. However, it has now been announced that the show will go to series for 2014-2015, with former CSI: New York executive producer Pam Veasey expected to come on board as showrunner. Here is a tweet from producer Jerry Bruckheimer confirming the news: Thrilled to have CSI: CYBER on CBS next season. […]

More...

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yay! :beer:

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

My only question...

CBS renewed 18 shows back in March(?). This adds 6 more dramas which are typically 1 hour long. Where are they going to put them in the schedule?

I'm getting the feeling that there are going to be a whole bunch of shows that are 13 episodes long next season. :shifty:

Susan

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Some shows might not even start until after football season since I've heard that there will be Thursday night football sometime during the season. :wtf:

Yes, you heard me right.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Whenever my CBS station airs football in primetime they air regular CBS programming on their sister station. I get it wether it's new ep or reruns! :)

CBS has now renewed "The Mentalist" and cancelled "Hostages", "Intelligence" (Damn!!! I'd prefer it to "CSI: Cyber" any day. :( ), and several half hour comedy's.

Canceled And Renewed TV Shows For The 2014-'15 Season (UPDATE)

I think we're on our way to quite a few 13 episode seasons!

Susan

6. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Thursday night football in the Fall will be the CBS regular programming. That means when football season ends in December, their Thursday night show lineup will start. Then in March they will have basketball. So yes, I can see at least a few shows having a 13 episode season.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Damn--who needs Intelligence--they've got a CSI copycat spinoff to take its place!!! :devil: I'm not happy that got cancelled, but at least it didn't end on a cliffhanger. :(