"Dead In His Tracks" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 7, 2014.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Dead In His Tracks'
    Episode Number: 1422
    Synopsis: "The CSIs investigate a present-day crime with ties to a mob heist that occurred 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Brass has a decision to make when his daughter attempts suicide."

Original Airdate: May 07, 2014

Written By: Andrew Dettman
    Directed By: Alec Smight

Guest Stars:

• Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
    • Zeus Mendoza as Roger Mathers
    • Kiko Ellsworth as Tyson Briggs
    • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
    • Donald Bowen as Young Roger Mathers
    • Nathaniel James Potvin as Young Tyson Briggs
    • Justin Ellings as Young Scotty Gates
    • Teal Redmann as Ellie Brass
    • Treat Williams as Sam Bishop
    • Derek Magyar as Paul O'Malley
    • Jonathan Cahill as Ben O'Malley
    • Gina Holden as Karen Bishop

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From E-News. Click the link for a great Brass scene!

CSI Finale Sneak Peek: Watch Exiting Star Paul Guilfoyle's Emotional Farewell Now!

Susan

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Oh my goodness - what a great scene. Tptb are making a big mistake in getting rid of Brass.

4. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Wow. Paul is imo by far the best actor remaining on CSI. In truth he's too good for the show. This scene once again proves that.

5. Rena

Rena Rookie

I haven't seen anything yet but it sounds as if he had to decide whether to pull the plug or keep her alive.

6. katrina81

katrina81 Civilian

Hi all CSI fans,

Well i cant wait to watch the season finale ep, as someone said earlier that its the end of an era with Paul leaving in tonights season finale. I just wanna say as a UK fan he played Capt. Jim Brass brilliantly and wish him all the best for the future.
    In regards to last wks ep "Kitty" wow amazing part played by Patricia Arquette & really hope that one of your many US channels commissions a series about Cyber Crime again could go on for many years as the amount of topics available will be neverending.
    #ILOVECSI
    x

7. Smokey

So the kid that was taken was Scotty Gates, as they keep saying? Then why did the newspaper article say Scotty Pope? Hey guys...need an editor? ;)

8. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I was disappointed in how they (the writers) wrote Brass off the show. I felt that Paul just got a big kick in the ass. There should have been a better ending where like Catherine got everybody together to tell them that he was leaving.
    I also think that the episode should have centered more around him.
    Not what I was expecting.

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Agree 100%. A very underwhelming episode in general, let alone a season finale and the end of an iconic character. I thought there weren't going to be any loose ends, no cliffhangers. Yet the show ends with no mention of his departure from the LVPD. Also, the former cop/amateur criminalist...are they trying to write him into a semi-recurring role? They certainly made heavy air time out of his ability to improvise scientific evidence back when Gil Grissom was looking at bugs and science books.

BTW, why in the F is the CSI writer's room tweeting as a group? Does anyone give a nickel about their input on the plot anymore?

10. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

what the heck of closing is this? i know Brass will leave just because i read the news about Brass’ leave; but where, and when, do i get any hint about our captain’s goodbye on 1422? Maybe we have to wait till 1501, when someone will say that Brass has left LVPD...briefly: the usual hasty and shabby writings. Not to mention the paltry screentime they give him. Who cares? since some weeks i’m in the rewind mode...next stop: Fight Night..307

11. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

Well... maybe I don't understand something or I miss but I watched whole episode and there was no word "goodbye" from Brass side... Little weird... So probably they will say something in season 15 premiere about his departure?

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

It was nice seeing a season finale out of "CSI" that was a normal "CSI" episode instead of your "extra special" "CSI" episode - you know, like they've tried to make all the "CSI" season finale's lately. :rolleyes:

Thought it was much better than most season finale's since about season 6 or 7. :rolleyes:

The case (beyond the little things like what Smokey mentioned) was decent. I'll admit, I knew one of the kids had died but I didn't know which one at first. Did have a feeling that Sam's daughter had something to do with it especially once they said she grew up with the boys. I did think that they overplayed Sam Bishop a bit just because they had Treat Williams to play him. He didn't really do anything that the others couldn't have done.

Brass's goodbye - could have been better. I'm not bitter about it because I understand doing it. It's certainly one of if not the most realistic thing TPTB have done in years. Brass isn't going to be a cop forever and you put a real cop in there experiencing what he's experienced both on and off the job and they probably wouldn't have lasted that long. I do think that they could have and should have made time for Brass to see Nick, Greg, and Sara before it was over. Saw Nick in the opening sequence, didn't see Greg at all, and saw Sara once in the hospital (although they never explained why she was even there?) - he knows these 3 better than DB! At least he's still alive. :thumbsup:

The best thing about this episode and what, in my view makes it better than last weeks episode - It depended on the actors acting instead of 1980's era computer technology.

Susan

13. Smokey

Well, we know they didn't renew Paul's contract, but perhaps this ending leaves the door open for them to change their minds? Or maybe have him still be around but not show up in episodes except for one or two?

14. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I'm glad with the way they make him leave. I didn't want a big goodbye like they did with Catherine.

15. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Gill’s leave was nice and perfect till the white fade. then the silly post scriptum amidst bugs, spiders, mud and plants came...Catherine’s goodbye has been a bad one. They tried to do something moving, but it has been just boring and too long. The scene with Morgan (despite Morgan) was good.
    either way, i know that Brass will leave just because i’ve read the news...maybe i’m too stupid, but 1422 doesn’t tell me he is leaving...